just joined a gym

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
6 Posts
Apr 16, 2013 5:44pm
via Android

Hi,
I was winding if anyone could give me some tips on what do do at the gym.I've never been to one before and I'm looking to lose 15 pounds and tone up.I would appreciate any tips.thank you :-)

Image_thumb
144 Posts
Apr 16, 2013 6:10pm
via iOS
Cardio and other workouts are great for getting rid of weight. Doing planks helps your back muscles and increase your core. It's hard to write down every single workout but if u browse for fat loss at the workouts I'm sure you'll find plenty 
Image_thumb
1022 Posts
Apr 16, 2013 7:50pm
via Android

My advice would be to ask the instructors for a good tour. They will explain you the machines and what they do for you. I always advice woman weighttraining but not many got the sense to make that step. A great but doesnt come from doing some random cardio :-)

16 Apr
That's right rappa btw do you mind if I follow you and you follow back
16 Apr
Do not be afraid to utilize the gym staff for help. Its natural to feel uncomfortable at first but do not shy away from the free weights. many of my female clients are intimidated by that area of the gym , however you will get your best results there. Remember weight train then cardio..
Icon_missing_thumb
4 Posts
Apr 17, 2013 5:24pm
via Android

Anyone who's new at gym should never copy other peoples workout. The point here is they could be working out from years. Stay away from weights atleast heavy ones. Learn to warm up for 5-10 mins. Then you can start cycling or running for those machines. Get pairs of lighest dumbbells hold them in hands and raise ur hands forward, upwards and through sides dont get confuse just follow workouts given in this app. Doing squats without weight is good. Do crunches. These exercises can be done in home but there u wont get weights and machines. Make good use of weights and other equipments in gym. There are lot of exercises for whole body that can be done with light weights. Just research them here on this app. Dont overwork this doesnt mean not challenging ur body but follow ur body u soon figure out difference and visit gym max 3 days in week. Keep urself motivated.

17 Apr
I dont understand a single thing you said. Is your advice seriously dont train heavy? Do crunches? Wow
17 Apr
And it it 10 times better to copy someones schedule if this has proven results and fits your goals. When you are new to training all you should do is copy and learn. See/read/ask what others are doing and why.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51