Want to get back to where I used to be

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Apr 17, 2013 7:11pm
via iOS
I just downloaded this app a few days ago so I haven't done any of the workouts yet. I have a lot of baby weight to lose- I had my son 10 months ago via cesarean section. After I was released from the doctor I tried to do insanity workouts with my husband, but my body just wasn't capable for that just yet. I have been going to the gym an trying to eat better since January. I take Zumba, body pump, and spin classes at the gym. I have recently began using the C25K app and enjoy it. I have lost 20 lbs so far. I am so embarrassed of the weight I gained while pregnant. I get so depressed looking at myself in pictures or in the mirror. I played sports my entire life so I was always fit until now. I would LOVE to have people help motivate me because there are times I feel like I am not seeing progress!
17 Apr
Keep going, you will get there! :-) I have no baby yet, so cannot exactly relate, but I was in the best of shape 3 years ago. It all went downhill from there. I struggle with the motivation, but I try to remain positive. Don't be too harsh on yourself. Think of your body as a temple. You have had a baby, which is amazing in itself. The baby fat was part of it. Now you can work on it again to recover your fitness. Slow but sure steps will take you there. All the best! :-)
17 Apr
I always tell peeps love the body you are in now. Yes you want to improve it and you will. For now you are a work in progress. You are still gonna be the same person later. Dont stress over your appearence that could also cause you to not lose stubborn weight. You have to be positive now and later. Make this fun not depressing. Before you know it the weight is just gonna start falling off if you keep up what you already been doing. Girl you got this!!!!
Icon_missing_thumb
43 Posts
Apr 17, 2013 7:34pm
via iOS
It seems like you've lost alot! 20 pounds is alot! Just keep going and don't give up!! Lots of cardio and eating healthy will help. In the beginning, just do as much as you can and you WILL improve. A month or so ago I could barely run 10 min, now I can do 15-30 min at a faster speed. PRACTICE MAKES PROGRESS Good luck! :)
Icon_missing_thumb
4 Posts
Apr 17, 2013 7:37pm
via Android

There's something for people like you under 'forums' . :)

Icon_missing_thumb
33 Posts
Apr 17, 2013 8:50pm
via Android

Sounds like your doing a lot and lost 20 lbs that's great!!! Be patient with yourself its not an overnight thing. Did you work out while you were  preggo? Did you pig out on unhealthy foods? Did you have gestational diabetes?  All these things matter when trying to lose baby weight it takes about 2 years for your body to get to a good size after baby. But with all you're doing your ahead of the game. Also breastfeeding helps.

17 Apr
I walked some while I was pregnant either outside or on a treadmill. I tried breast feeding for a month after my son was born, but couldn't produce enough :(
18 Apr
I had the same problem breast feedong . Sometimes it takes a while for the milk to began flowing. Every mammal has milk after giving birth to baby. I just had to be patient massage use pump and warm water on my breast. It took a while but it happened anyway you sound like you know what you're doing.
Image_thumb
51 Posts
Apr 18, 2013 1:24am
via Android

Good luck with everything

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Apr 18, 2013 5:24am
via iOS
I am also trying to loose my baby weight! Hope it works out for you, best of luck! Your already far ahead of me!(:

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51