why do you need enough sleep?

4 posts | Original | Recent
32 Posts
Apr 20, 2013 10:03pm
via iOS
I don't know, can someone explain?
Is it because you burn more calories or something?

Most of the time I only have 7 hours of sleep, I know really bad
21 Apr
7 Hrs isn't bad. Some ppl get 4. When you get 8 Hrs of sleep you do provide recovery for your brain and body. If you don't get enough sleep you will know. Symptoms would things like constantly grumpy, random colds, aching, slight memory loss, minimum body results from working out due to minimum recovery time....The list goes on. Yes we do burn calories when we sleep. However 7 hrs again isn't bad. Keep your head up you'll be fine.
21 Apr
7 hours is awesome. I count my blessings to get 6 good hours of sleep. Most people don't get that according to what I read.
01 May
I go to bed at 10 pm but I get to sleep at 3:30 am and have to get up at 6:30 am...3 hours sleep per morning...HELP!!!!
41 Posts
Apr 21, 2013 12:03am
via iOS
Your brain gets tired and can lead to less productivity when awake, also sleep relieves stress. Of course, if you got no sleep for an extended period of time your brain would shut down and you would die of exhaustion. Hope this answered your question!
111 Posts
Apr 21, 2013 1:21am
via Android

When the body does not rest enough, the hormones respond by increasing the hunger drive. What's worse, the hunger cravings are for the for the quickest most macronutrient  dense food available. Sleep is as important as diet!

32 Posts
Apr 21, 2013 8:25am
via iOS
thank you all! :D

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51