Calories

3 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
11 Posts
Apr 21, 2013 4:47am
via Android

So if your suppose to work off more calories then you take in then why does my fitness pal always pit them back in? Like I burn 500 cal and then it puts 500 cal back into what I need for the day.

Image_thumb
105 Posts
Apr 21, 2013 8:53am
via iOS
Here's what MyFitnessPal is doing: it's putting those calories back in because if someone needs to eat 1400 calories a day, but burns 1400 calories, that leaves 0 calories for your body to survive off after that point. Yes, burning calories is good...to a point. You can only burn so much before it becomes over working your body. 

I use the app too. I don't input my exercises. I just calculate my food intake of 1,400 calories and leave whatever calories I burn a surprise. The only time I do over my count is if I do something extra than my normal workout. Like today, I shoveled dirt and did intense yard work for two hours. Two pieces of pizza put me at my calorie count, but I ate a third because of my extra exercise. It's mostly moderation and understanding your body. I can feel my limit and try to avoid over-eating. 
01 May
Add me on myfitnesspal for some motivation... Kkgoli is my ID there
Icon_missing_thumb
11 Posts
Apr 21, 2013 3:03pm
via Android

Ok guess i misunderstood then I always thought you were suppose to  urn more then you consume. Yea I wasnt at my calorie limit for the day yet. So.e times I have trouble meeting my goal so I have burned more then I consume on some days. Thank you for responding

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51