Eating healthier vs Counting calories

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1 Post
Apr 22, 2013 7:11am
via iOS
Which do you think is better? Maybe a combination of the two? I'm wanting to lose about 20lbs and I've started exercising every day and counting my calories not going over 1200 a day but its so stressful having to keep up with them and fruits and vegetables have a good bit of calories in them. Should I quit counting calories all together and stick to salads and fruits or should I still limit my calories per day? I've been trying to decide for a while now. Fruits keep me more satisfied than the little amount I'm able to eat when I count calories but if I eat just fruits and vegetables that puts me over on my calorie allotment for the day. Any ideas or suggestions?
22 Apr
The number of calories you eat depends on your workout schedule. You need to be at a caloric deficit for fat loss. For fat loss you should be achieving up to 2lbs weight loss each week. More than that isn't good, less than that means you should adjust your diet. Fruit and veg hold a lot of carbohydrates and these should be limited. Do some research and find out what works for you.
Image_thumb
144 Posts
Apr 22, 2013 8:33am
via iOS
I do both but calories can get you brainwashed and I'm gonna stop 1st may because I got a control over my food intake and like I said calories can brainwash you.

I'd recommend eat healthy and workout, if u wanna count calories 1200 kcal is too little you can Kik me at Nalix8 or send me a PM and I can help you count out how many you need to eat to get weightloss as well.

I don't know how much you workout but prepare yourself for like 1600-1800 maybe a little less but not even close to 1200. 
Image_thumb
18 Posts
Apr 22, 2013 8:47am
via iOS
Intake is intake, no matter what it is.as long as you are eating a balanced diet, you can eat flour and rice and potatoes… I mean some fat people can eat 5000 cal worth of oranges.just because it is oranges does not mean they will lose weight LOL.usually fruits and vegetables don't get you as full as protein or carbohydrates will. Eat a balanced diet, half or one third of your plate should be carbohydrate and the rest should be vegetables and some protein, and yes you should be eating at least 1500 cal a day if you are exercising
Image_thumb
13 Posts
Apr 22, 2013 9:46am
via Android

You can lose weight without having to count calories IF you switch to a plant based diet. Vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds, legumes. Vegetables and fruits are high in micronutrients (minerals, vitamins, phytonutrients) and really low in macronutrients (calories-fats, proteins, carbohydrates) focus on more unrefined goods and you'll lose weight w.o counting calories.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51