My legs are sore. Help

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
15 Posts
Apr 26, 2013 10:53pm
via Android

My legs are sore. Its been sore for two now. Do I keep workout or just relax unitl the soreness goes away on it own.

27 Apr
Guys thanks a lots for your advice. I really needed it.
27 Apr
Npoooooo
Image_thumb
69 Posts
Apr 26, 2013 10:55pm
via Android

Still in your workout clothes, fill bathtub with cold water, sit there for 10 minutes, have someone put 2 dozen ice cubes in tub. You may want to yell and scream but it will good for your legs.

26 Apr
I dont know about the cold water I prefer I hot water. I would not last in the cold water but anything that help.:-):-):-):-)
Image_thumb
69 Posts
Apr 26, 2013 10:57pm
via Android

Its call D.O.M.S , delayed onset muscle syndrome.

26 Apr
Ok. I just read what this was on google. Thanks.:-):-):-):-)
Image_thumb
176 Posts
Apr 27, 2013 5:26am
via Android

D.O.M.S usually takes about 72 hrs before it goes away. Treatment is targeted towards increasing blood flow to the muscles. This includes low-intensity exercise, hot bath or a massage. I know when i first began working out my muscles would be sore for days (especially with intense workouts). So I started using a foam roller to massage the muscles it works great. Many physical therapists use it to patient with sore, stiff, or knotted muscles. Check out ab-workouts-guide.com/foam-roller, you can find out how you can use the foam roller to alleviate the soreness. Good luck and God Bless!

27 Apr
Thanks I really appreciate it. After I workout slightly and took that hot bath I felt so much better. :-):-):-):-):-)
27 Apr
I forgot to put I stretch too before I did my workout routine. :-):-):-):-):-)
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Apr 27, 2013 5:30am
via iOS
How many sets/reps are you doing? Usually its from over exertion. There's also something called "blood pooling" which can be painful that occurs after rigorous leg exercise. Drink plenty of water, and stretch afterwards to prevent.
27 Apr
Thanks Jason but its was D. O.M.S. because when I workout last night on my legs the soreness has slightly gone. Still feel a little but not like it was a first.
Image_thumb
17 Posts
Apr 27, 2013 1:05pm
via iOS
Be sure to always stretch before and after working out. There's no way to actually make the soreness go away, but eating lots of calcium will get your blood flowing, and slightly prevent soreness the next time you workout. Remember to stay hydrated!
27 Apr
Thanks Brittany. I have to keep that in mine stretch ing before I start my workout but I did stretch I lastnight before I started my routine I think that help a lot too. What is good stretching workout for my legs and for the body.:-):-):-):-)
27 Apr
For your soreness right now, defiantly try some slow, steady mountain climbers, and slow v stretches. Mountain climbers help your stability and endurance. V stretches stretch out your entire leg for flexibility. Start out slow, and don't over do it. Hope these help. :)
27 Apr
Thanks Brittany. I am going to try this in just a second.:-):-):-):-)
27 Apr
Any time. :)
Image_thumb
69 Posts
Apr 28, 2013 12:51am
via Android

Not hot water, you need to ice those legs.

28 Apr
I am good now no more soreness. :-):-):-):-).

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51