Trying to lose 50 pounds

6 posts | Original | Recent
21 Posts
Apr 27, 2013 6:48pm
via Android

Trying to lose 50 pounds. Need workout ideas and diet ideas. Anyone have any advice?

144 Posts
Apr 27, 2013 7:40pm
via iOS
Kik me: Nalix8 :)
3 Posts
Apr 30, 2013 3:10pm
via iOS
I need to loose bout 30 need ideas also..
60 Posts
Apr 30, 2013 3:42pm
via iOS
Me too!! Trying loose 40 any tips
50 Posts
Apr 30, 2013 10:52pm
via Android

Cut out carbs, especially after two p.m. Replace sweets with healthy snacks like fruit and nuts. What helped me was going vegetarian. You need to be careful and watch your iron and protein intake (I used iron supplements) but it definitely produces a change.

Cardio is your best bet for burning excess calories and fat and you can do it pretty much daily. Yoga is also good for tone and flexibility. If you can take a bikram yoga class, all the better.

Make sure to vary your workouts to prevent your body from getting too comfortable with your routine.

Most importantly, start slow with your workouts. You won't see results overnight, so don't get frustrated and push yourself too far. Give your muscles time to recover.

55 Posts
May 1, 2013 12:11am
via iOS
Please please please DO NOT cut out carbs you are only setting yourself up for defeat.

Please learn the basic food groups of nutrition. As much as the media has portrayed carbs and fats as bad guys, what they didn't tell you is the TYPE of carbs and fats to cut out.

If you want to loose weight, there's no easy way about it - it's hard work; so hard that it will break you. Are you prepared MENTALLY?

Second, yes food is important so you should change your food:
Have carbs but low glycemic carbs and have only 1-2 cups. Why? Because without carbs, you have no energy - whoever said having protein will help you clearly doesn't understand how the body works at a cellular level.

Introduce lots of greens - why? Because minerals and vitamins are essential for your body's metabolism, immune system, and nervous system.

Protein - because it's needed for muscle repair (no news here). 

Please don't think that this is a one size fits all approach - there are a whole factor of things to take into effect- your body type, heredity, your life style, sleep cycles, stress levels, etc. all of the aforementioned and a few unmentioned contribute to weight loss/gain.

I recommend a basic knowledge of how the body works and the various food groups and why they are essential for the body.

Example, potassium is the "hearts" food - best source: banana, coconut water.

Magnesium, Zinc, iron, etc.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51