Cannot Lose 10lbs. Gaining All Weight Back Instead

2 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
13 Posts
Apr 30, 2013 2:25am
via iOS
November 2011 I weighed my heaviest at 130. By April 2012 I weighed in at around 118. I wanted to get down to 110. It's been a year and I've been stuck at 116 with a fat midsection and thick thighs. Now I'm gaining at least 2 lbs a week and my body is showing it. I can only suck in so much.

My diet is about the same as last year and my workouts are a little different with more cardio than weights. I cut out nearly all soda and caffeinated drinks, cut sugar and sodium in half, and I haven't had ice cream in months! :(

What advice do you have?
30 Apr
First of all, what is your height?
30 Apr
You need to eat right and do cardio and lots of water
30 Apr
I'm 5'1"-5'2"
30 Apr
I drink half my body weight in water (ounces) which is the recommended daily amount
30 Apr
What does your diet consist of
Image_thumb
226 Posts
Apr 30, 2013 2:58am
via iOS
To start, it turns out that your weight of 118 lbs is, in fact, an ideal weight for your height. If you have a really petite build (small shoulders and hips), you may be able to lose a few more pounds, but not much. Your goal should be to maintain your weight. You should continue to drink a lot of water and eat healthy. Also, start doing some weight training. This will build lean muscle (which burns fat), and it will give you a really toned, fit look. Keep working out, and you may lose the weight that you want to lose, but it should not be your main priority. If you want some good workouts, just ask me! Learn to accept your body how it is. 

Hope this helps and God bless!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51