17.....And Ashamed Of My Self....

20 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
69 Posts
May 3, 2013 4:15am
via iOS
Hello, I am 17 years old and I am currently 185 lbs. although that may not sound like I am fat, I AM! Rolls of fat, man boobs....it's disgusting. I can't do anything I love...swimming, sports....NOTHING! All I want in life is to be happy and it seems like its impossible. I have no friends. I am completely unconfident in anything and everything....I am WORTHLESS!

I am currently going to the gym (it's been a month) and I have no results....maybe it's because what I am eating and how much I'm eating, maybe it's because I only run on the treadmill for 30-40 mins....I don't know! All I know is that everything I have tried had failed.

Please help me! I don't want to be like this.
03 May
Hiya, I was in the same problem as you like 5 months ago but if you really set your mind to it, you can do it. At the gym, try and do a circuit each time you go for example 30 mins on treadmill, 5 mins on abs (sit ups etc), 30 mins on bike, 5 mins on abs, 30 mins on elliptical, 5 mins on abs. Make sure its one constantly after the other because your heart rate needs to be up in order to lose the weight. Also try cutting down you portions or the amount of times...
03 May
If u need help add me on Kik: Nalix8
Image_thumb
32 Posts
May 3, 2013 4:55am
via iOS
Hi Michael I'm sorry for you
I think that you should go to a doctor and ask him about what you should eat and when you should eat
I hope you lose down weigh and make every thing you like to do
Don't be sad man the life doesn't need that
Image_thumb
242 Posts
May 3, 2013 5:25am
via Android

A human life is greater than any other life on this world ...For every problem there is a solution ,but you need to find that out okay ...
"BE HAPPY NO BP Bindaas "

Image_thumb
20 Posts
May 3, 2013 5:25am
via Android

Diet, eat less but enough . Eat veggy. Drink water instead of others.

Image_thumb
176 Posts
May 3, 2013 6:46am
via Android

I want you to do yourself take a picture of yourself right now and keep it as a reminder that you'll never feel like this again. You owe it to yourself chase every goal and dream your want to accomplish. Leave no stone unturned, never give yourself an excuse to stray from what you want and what you need in life. And when you're old and gray you'll be able to say to yourself "I gave it everything I had, and I did what I loved". And you won't have any regrets or feelings of worthlessness. Please know that there is someone out there who can help you when things feel rough, here and out there too. PM anyone here who you feel can help you. We are all in this together. Good luck and God Bless you my friend!

Image_thumb
36 Posts
May 3, 2013 10:24am
via Android

When i was 17 i wasnt very happy with myself so i wrote down everything i disliked about myself then i firgured out ways to change each thing i disliked and set a time in which i wanted to see results day by day month by month year by year i knocked out each one until my list was no more i must have looked at that list a million times i wanted to give up a million times but i didnt i pushed myself i imaged every day what i wanted to look like until one day i became that person and now im a STUD!!! lol jk dont give up bro push yourself imagine yourself the way you would like to be and become that person

04 May
Image_thumb
122 Posts
May 3, 2013 3:33pm
via Android

Try to keep short term goals in mind too. If u stare at the big picture for to long it can become discouraging. Instead, tell urself i will not drink a soda today and i will give all i got on my 5 minutes of sit ups. Also, screw weight loss. If u are building mussel, u can gain weight while losing inches. Stay motivated. And if u dont see progress in 6 (yes i said 6) months visit a dr and trainer. You can do this.
Also, i didnt have any friends in high school either. I just didnt fit the mold. But today, i couldnt care less bout those who didnt accept me. Because i no i am great in who i am. And trust me, u are great too. Dont waste time bn sad because those other kids are too nieve to see ur worth.

Image_thumb
48 Posts
May 3, 2013 5:30pm
via Android

Hey man I'm 19 so i understand the pressure you are feeling i use to be extremly overweight too but that shouldn't make you feel worthless you only need to worry about what you think others don't matter. However getting in shape is the best decisionI've ever made you have so much energy and feel so great. It sounds like you got the treadmill down just try slowly picking up speed. Diet is key as well try eating healthier and slowly eating less. Instead of eating 3 big meals eat 5 small ones. Also hit the weights they ate more important than most people give them credit for. They build muscle and the more muscle you have the higher your RMR (resting metabolic rate) is which means you burn more fat. cardio burns more fat while your doing it but muscle burns fat all day hope this helps good luck

Image_thumb
15 Posts
May 4, 2013 9:18pm
via iOS
Ur doing good with the running keep it up. I been trying to lose weight to , I need to start
More cardio to and eat the right things good luck on your journey hope you succeed 
Image_thumb
203 Posts
May 4, 2013 10:22pm
via iOS
Hey Michael!  Your a star! Ditto to everything said in this thread. I would seriously consider watching "Forks over Knifes". Bing or Google it. It will help get your head straight around healthy eating habits and why they are so important. Watch the whole thing. Then read my thread on healthy eating habits in the Cooking section. YOU CAN DO THIS! 

IF YOU DIDN'T ALEADY BELIEVE IT DEEP DOWN, YOU WOULD HAVE GIVEN UP ALREADY AND NOT EVEN ASKED FOR HELP! A month or even three won't begin to show the big results, but five or six with the right eating habits will definitely start to show improvements you can be proud of. We will continue to support you as you start along this path as you become who you want to be

Most important, STAY POSITIVE no matter what, no matter how difficult or tough it gets! 
Image_thumb
123 Posts
May 4, 2013 10:39pm
via Android

Michael, have faith in something. You can reach any goal you want. I don't know exactly what you are going through, but I have been an 11 year old having to shop in plus womens clothes. This app is the s***! Try counting your calorie in take. Keep doing cardio. Don't give up. I've made some pretty easy workouts if you would like to try them. I know what it's like to look in the mirror and not like what you see. Remember you are harder on yourself than other people. Whatever created you must have loved you for you. Keep smiling.

Image_thumb
69 Posts
May 5, 2013 12:13pm
via iOS
Hi everyone, thanks for all the suggestions and comments. I am definitely going to be making changes in my life. I actually just created a "kik", so if you have it add me 
M_Law95 

I hope we can motivate each other and get our results. Anyway have great day everyone and hope you finish your weightloss (or any) journey. :) 
173617_549050227_1358381471_n_thumb
2 Posts
May 5, 2013 4:34pm
via Android

Hey Micheal,  just wanted to say there is a great app  My Fitness Pal  that will help you jeep track of your calories and even some cool recipes.  I agree with what was said earlier your weight doesn't make you a good person your heart does. Hope it helps if you get the app add me as a friend LadyLightning7. Good luck on your health journey.

06 May
My fitness pal is an awesome app!
Image_thumb
22 Posts
May 6, 2013 2:29am
via Android

Don't let your weight dictate the way you feel about yourself! I am 206 and 5'7. Do not be ashamed, we all start from somewhere. Turn that ashamedness into your motivation! Look yourself in the mirror everyday and say "I am beautiful and I am somebody!". Love and believe in yourself! Just because you do not see results does not mean that they are not there! Find workouts that are fun but at the same time challenging. If you have questions google it, bing it or put it up in a forum. We all have those days when we want to throw want to throw the towel in DON'T DO IT! You better use that towel to wipe off some sweat! There are two things I have learned from these forums: knowledge is key and if your mind set is everything! When your mind set is set you can surpass your goals and have bigger accomplishments! Then your body follows! Stay motivated, mentally strong, and active. If you ever need anything finf me on kik or IG @ kashaylatrell :). Your journey is great. Enjoy your journey to a healthy you! Remember nobody can do it for you. AND DO NOT EVER EVER EVER EVER CALL YOURSELF WORTHLESS! I WILL FIND YOU AND SLAP YOU! LOL, FIX YOUR MIND SET FOR THAT TOO! IT WILL HELP YOU SUCEED EVEN FURTHER!

* myfitnesspal is a wonderful app for calculating calories.

Image_thumb
18 Posts
May 6, 2013 7:00am
via iOS
Michael, 
I would like to start by saying that you are NOT worthless! So get that thought out of your head, right this minute :) 
While you may not be seeing the results you want, that doesn't mean changes aren't happening. By exercising, you're making a healthy choice and making the decision to become the person you want to be. However, what you look like does NOT define who you are. 
Being healthy is a combination of exercise, eating clean and in moderation, and having the right mind set. Do NOT be discouraged when you don't see results quickly. Getting the body that you want is a long process, and it won't happen overnight.  You've already made the decision to start exercising. Which means you are one step closer. Keep it up! And do NOT give up just because results aren't showing fast enough.  You've got this!!!!    And remember...  You are NOT worthless!!! 
Image_thumb
3 Posts
May 7, 2013 8:47am
via iOS
No one is worthless! 
You have a lot to offer this world. Look at how many people are suffering in this country because of their weight. Think how you could be their inspiration when you achieve your goals. You could change someone's life. 
If you are going to a gym talk to a trainer or to someone there that looks like a body builder type. They may have some great advice for you. Learning what to eat to attain your goals is 80% of it. The rest is cardio and weight training. It is a science depending on what you want to accomplish. The foods you eat have nutrients that your body uses and the proportions of these nutrients is key to building muscle and giving you energy and maintaining health. Everyone is different so that is why it would be good to talk to a professional. Proteins build muscle. Carbs give you energy. Remember that muscle weighs more than fat so do not judge your success on weight alone. 
Image_thumb
2 Posts
May 7, 2013 10:47am
via Android

Hey I'm 17 too, we should support eachother, I've put on a heap of weight, and just have NO confidence, and i'd love to be able to wear that bikini for summer, so you support me and i'll do the same for you

Image_thumb
2 Posts
May 7, 2013 10:49am
via Android

And you aren't worthless!!!!!!! I bet people are just douches who dont realise a great personality when they see one

Image_thumb
10 Posts
May 9, 2013 10:56am
via Android

Kik me @ tinyronie. I might help and share some insights

Image_thumb
69 Posts
May 10, 2013 4:13am
via iOS
Thank you everyone for all your comments and I am just even more determined and motivated to losing the weight now and I can't weight till a month or even two moths from to finally see some results and show them here. :)
14 May
That's the spirit Michael. Take it one day at a time. Be patient and remain focused on achieving ur goal.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51