Running with ankle weights ?

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
2 Posts
May 3, 2013 3:19pm
via iOS
Will running with ankle weights be better than running without them? I don't want to gain muscle I just want to time the muscle I already have and lose inches ?
03 May
I read that running (or using them I'm general) with ankle weights can mess up your knees. Try using a weighted vest. Or use the ankle weights only on occasion. (Jump rope squats with ankle weights?)
03 May
I was using them on treadmill but just easy 0.5kg and dis curlings or headups to tone arms shoulder and help to loose fat :) I have them on my feet during training at the ice rink but this is really tough :)
Image_thumb
48 Posts
May 3, 2013 5:02pm
via Android

I use to run with ankle weights all the time you get tremendous results and it builds strength and endurance and it tones but it also build bulk and if not careful can lead to shin splints and bad knees

Image_thumb
12 Posts
May 3, 2013 5:37pm
via iOS
I wouldnt, i tried it for a while an created severe foot problems. The continuous drop of the ankle weight while u run causes fault at the foot arch and ( pelmatia aponeurositis), look it up.
Its better uf u run hills and vary intensity for results.
Funky_side_crow_thumb
289 Posts
May 4, 2013 12:24pm
via Android

I reckon running uphill on up stairs would be better. Careful running down though - that's where a lot of injuries occur.

04 May
*on should read "or" (typo sorry)
Image_thumb
217 Posts
May 4, 2013 2:35pm
via iOS
Does wearing ankle weights around the house help? Like just generally while walking around/ doing chores etc?
06 May
Ok I think. Can't think why that'd be bad... but I'm no expert :)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51