Are 10 minute workouts good enough to loose weight?

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
39 Posts
May 20, 2013 2:24pm
via Android

Hi fellow trainees
I m a real fan of this workout app..
But lately i experienced some real health issues due which i lost touch with exercising..I also have lesser time to workout. So what is your opinion...
Are 10 mins enough a day to loose weight and stay fit?

20 May
I think as long as you have good consist exercise habits you can maintain a good fitness level in 10 minutes.Make sure your using aerobic and anaerobic movements
Image_thumb
242 Posts
May 20, 2013 2:42pm
via Android

No not at all ...
warmups +Workouts ...if you do for 1hr least ..then its okay ..
if you want lose much fat ....then the workouts should be intense

20 May
well if you're doing in home itself then atleast take a time 45min ...
21 May
I disagree. I could show you ten minute long workouts that would leave you in a puddle not able to move. You absolutely can lose weight with short workouts you just have to make them intense
21 May
Thanks Alan and Raj....
22 May
You're welcome Pooja :)
22 May
Okay i agree with Alan , but it depends on the body condition (you know what i mean ) want to get results in quick time ...10min will not help i think ...
Image_thumb
47 Posts
May 20, 2013 7:22pm
via iOS
It depends. High Interval Workouts (HIIT) are great and can be done in as little as 20 minutes!  Make sure you work out HARD during that time period. Do a HIIT workout 2-4 times a week along with toning except sides to get great results.  Hope this helps!  I am doing a program type thin that involves interval workouts and toning excersises in another forum. You could check that out and try it!  I have it in 'Bikini Body Workout Buddy" but you can just take a peek at the workout and diet for it. 
      Have fun and stay healthy ! ;)
Image_thumb
58 Posts
May 21, 2013 2:54pm
via iOS
To stay fit-yes. To loose weigh-depends on what you eating and the exercises you are doing. What do u usually eat and how much do u walk in a typical day?
21 May
Not much... Sedentary lifestyle...
21 May
Well if you do intense workouts, and eat healthy, you might be able to get rid of a few pounds:). Try to slowly increase your workout times
Image_thumb
39 Posts
May 21, 2013 6:38pm
via Android

Thanks... Will check out the workouts...I used to do HIIT... Jillian Micheal and Denise Austin workouts... They were effective to a certain extent but after some time body gets usef to it and they become monotonous...but thanks for advice..

Icon_missing_thumb
57 Posts
May 21, 2013 6:47pm
via iOS
I can say it does do the job if u find the right ones...recently I completed Tony Hortons 10 min Trainer. U have the option to do 1 - 3 10 min workouts in one day & it's for a period of 4 weeks. When I first tried it I could only manage one a day but now I am fitter I did the full challenge which is just 3 a day for 6 days of the week and one workout one day that week. It includes Cardio - Total Body - Abs - Lower Body & Yoga workouts! I had great results
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
May 21, 2013 7:17pm
via iOS
Unfortuonatly no your not going to get the results you want in just 10 min. I'd segest about 30 min. Of cardio to help get where you want to be. If you do see a change in your body it's probably due to your diet and not your workouts. If you can burn aprox. 200 calories in 10 min. you may see results!!! I hoped this helped!!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51