Is Calorie Counting necessary?

21 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
31 Posts
May 26, 2013 10:08pm
via Android

Really, now. Is it absolutely necessary for weight loss? I have tried a couple times to get into the habit, but the process always bores me. I even find it discouraging at times, especially if i eat a high calorie food that is also healthy. Any success stories where calorie counting was excluded? lol. no, really...

Image_thumb
9 Posts
May 27, 2013 2:31am
via iOS
No, just eat clean!
Image_thumb
71 Posts
May 27, 2013 9:33am
via iOS
No way! Eat healthy. And eat more as you work out hard and more often :)
Icon_missing_thumb
5 Posts
Sep 17, 2013 5:25pm
via iOS
Yes it is important.....
That's just my opinion. 
Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
Sep 17, 2013 5:34pm
via Android

I think it is necessary to count calories.

Me_august_2013_thumb
4 Posts
Sep 22, 2013 10:52pm
via Android

Nope I didn't count calories when I lost all my weight of 52 lbs within 8 months in combination with workout plus cardio back in time. I was eating simply low fat max. 30 gramm a day, almost no carbs three small portions a day,  no sugar, eating clean, no processed foods, high proteins (fills you up very good) plus vegetables as much you desire. 3 meals a day and one small snack like 10 cashew nuts (healthy fat). Trust me if you change your old eat habit your body will be thankful.  Ever since I keep my weight and cheat now and then it's a mind process and the will to rethink your food habits. Long term this is the only way how it works.  Calories alone don't help you need to know what is good and bad  so the eat clean method is a good start into this direction!  Word! !! I tried many diets, pills and my weight went up horribly. I tried it also with calories counting if you pick the wrong food you are still hungry....

Image_thumb
36 Posts
Sep 22, 2013 10:55pm
via Android

Please try MYFITNESSPAL it will help n make counting less difficult. IT ALSO GIVES U A GOAL N DAILY INTAKE LIMIT

Skimble_thumb
104 Posts
Sep 23, 2013 1:45am
via Android

as long as you know right from wrong food wise and don't binge, you'll be fine!

Image_thumb
124 Posts
Sep 23, 2013 1:49am
via Android

Nope

Image_thumb
7 Posts
Sep 24, 2013 4:02pm
via iOS
In terms of calories in, calories out; yes, I believe it is a good practice.  You can eat too many "good" calories too, and not see the success you desire.  It is like a roadmap for your mouth, leading to your stomach 
Image_thumb
103 Posts
Oct 3, 2013 9:44am
via Android

I think it's really important try it with "myfitnesspal" (u can get the app on playstore) Because you need to know what u ate in one day.
MyFitnessPal is a dairy for your food, weight and body mass. It's very helpful :)

Image_thumb
1 Post
Oct 3, 2013 10:13am
via Android

I got into the practice of checking the Nutritional Facts on every package and Calories were a big factor. I can see other people have differing opinions. It doesn't really matter however since you burn a lot of the same calories when you exercise. It is not necessary but something worth keeping on your mind

Image_thumb
4 Posts
Oct 3, 2013 10:34am
via Android

I tried myfitnesspal.. its a good app.. been using it for almost 6 months now and it helped me manage the amount of calories i should take in a day.. i recommend it

Image_thumb
81 Posts
Oct 3, 2013 11:48am
via Android

You can still be skinny and die from a heart attack or diabetes. So you don't necessarily need to count calories just to lose weight. Personally, counting calories allow me to be aware of what I am eating. Sometimes a specific food can be low in calories, bit extremely high in sodium. Since keeping track of calorie intake is boring for you, try MyFitnessPal OR purchase this VERY useful book which I highly recommend for people who go to restaurants a lot. There's also other versions of this book that helps with grocery shopping and preparing food. It has a lot of pictures and gets straight to the point about food. You'll love it.  http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002M3SP6O

Hope this helps.

11 Oct
I agree because it's a way to keep track of your nutrition (especially important fo anyone with any health issues). I use caloriecount.com
Fullsizeoutput_9c0_thumb
667 Posts
Oct 3, 2013 6:55pm
via iOS
I count my calories and workout everyday. Been getting great results. Calories counting is not necessary. Make sure you getting your carbs fats and protein in everyday. If you've gained weight the next day then decrease the food portions until you come to a point were you losing weight. Track your progress by weighing yourself every morning
Image_thumb
17 Posts
Oct 4, 2013 9:27am
via Android

Personally, it never helped me. If anything, it made it worse and it became an obsession. As long as you feel like what you're eating is good and healthy, the calorie content doesn't matter!

04 Oct
Agreed
Image_thumb
22 Posts
Oct 4, 2013 10:13am
via Android

I lost 25lbs with no calorie counting.

Image_thumb
53 Posts
Oct 4, 2013 5:19pm
via Android

It's pure math,if you want to lose weight you must reach calorie deficit,and reverse of that! So you must calculate how much calories you need when not doing anything and how much you need when working out! You have BMR and TDEE calculators for that.

Image_thumb
170 Posts
Oct 4, 2013 6:52pm
via Android

Depends on what you are looking for in your goal.

Me_thumb
13 Posts
Oct 4, 2013 11:07pm
via Android

Calorie counting is not necessary simply because not all calories are created equal. A calorie from a price of chocolate cake is not going to do the same thing in your body from let's say chicken or a banana will do. A lower caloric intake is a small piece of a large puzzle. You can eat low a low calorie diet and gain weight BC if what you are eating, or you could eat a high calorie diet and lose weight it just depends on what you are eating and your activity level.

Image_thumb
170 Posts
Oct 4, 2013 11:26pm
There is good calories and bad calories, stay away from the bad calories as much as possible. I am a pop drinker and I limit myself from pop.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51