Is it normal to loose alot of weight in the beginning?

8 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
3 Posts
May 27, 2013 2:06am
via iOS
I started dieting and working out 5 days ago and already lost 8,8 lbs.. Im not even workin out really hard, just some excersises at home and walkin to work instead of takin the bus (about a 30 min walk, once or twice a day) but im dieting pretty diehard (+/- 1200 kcal a day). So now i wonder if i should worry, is this unhealthy? Or is it just normal? Not that i mind loosing weight this quick ofcourse! (Freakin awesoooome) And will it keep goin this quick or is that just the first week? I use myfitnesspal to keep up with my food and excersise.
27 May
Keep up the good work.... it is normal to lose more easily in the beginning. Congrats on your new and healthy lifesyle changes!
27 May
I have abs now yay
Image_thumb
9 Posts
May 27, 2013 2:30am
via iOS
That my problem too at first. I look very lean before even though i didnt reach my goal weight which is 5 lbs lighter, So my goal now is to gain muscle and forget about calorie counting! Just eat clean! Hope this helps! :)
Image_thumb
226 Posts
May 27, 2013 3:07am
via iOS
It is my opinion that 1200 calories is a very low and unhealthy amount to be consuming. Your body burns at least 1500 calories a day just for you to survive, so 1200 is 300 calories less then what your body needs. Depending on how many calories you burn, you should consume at absolute minimum 1700 calories a day. If you burn more then 200 calories a day (which is likely because you walk an hour a day), you should consume more. It is normal for you to lose weight really fast at the beginning, but 8 pounds is an unhealthy rate to be losing weight. 

God bless!
Image_thumb
71 Posts
May 27, 2013 9:32am
via iOS
Yes it is normal As there are two types of fat.  Bad fat and muscle fat. As you loose the fat u may loose weight and then put it back on but it will be strog muscle not fat :) so don't be scared to eat as much or more then before because your body needs it for repair and energy and you burn it all off :)
27 May
This didnt make any sense to me at all haha.
Image_thumb
65 Posts
May 27, 2013 10:59am
via iOS
It's water weight
Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
May 27, 2013 11:03am
via Android

Yes

Image_thumb
3 Posts
May 27, 2013 10:13pm
via iOS
Thanks for all the reactions guys! Super awesome to receive so much support and positivity from ppl ive never met! Think maybe ill go and eat a bit more normal, maybe focus some more on excersising.. Maybe i should be less impacient haha! Again, thanks!!
May 28, 2013 12:08am
via Android

Yes it is normal, dear. When I started out I lost 20 lbs in one month..I was doing the low calorie thing on myfitnesspal and doing the 30 day shred. So far I've lost 56 pounds. So congratulations on starting out! But yes please up your cals so your body gets the nutrients it needs. Definitely browse the forums on mfp.. you will learn a lot of good stuff. If you search for "In Place Of A  Roadmap" you can learn how to calculate your BMR and TDEE to put you on the right path in your weight loss journey.  If you'd like to add me then my username is LoveDreamSmile.
I love making new friends and encouraging others!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51