Any PALEO peeps?

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
18 Posts
May 30, 2013 3:03pm
via iOS
Are you familiar with the bulletproof lifestyle? Ketogenic diets? Or just plain Paleo?

Looking for other Paleoites for support or people that are interested in it; either way!

I love Paleo!! I've cut out all grains and processed foods and macros of my diet are 65% fat, 30% protein, and 5% carbs. My body shape has changed for the better and I have a lot of energy for workouts. So far I've lost ten pounds on the scale, and feel great !
Image_thumb
1023 Posts
May 30, 2013 3:24pm
via Android

Woow that is sick low in carbs and real high in fats. I could never do paleo i enjoy eating too much...

Image_thumb
18 Posts
May 30, 2013 3:36pm
via iOS
Haha. The fat is to keep you not hungry... But it gets your body to use fat at a energy source. So it's burning my own fat too. Just keeping it around 1000 cals a day so not going overboard or anything lol
Image_thumb
226 Posts
May 30, 2013 3:48pm
via iOS
1000 calories a day! That is overboard! No wonder you have lost so much weight. You are starving yourself! And you exercise, too? You really need to eat more calories. Your Basal Metabolic Rate (how many calories you burn per day just to survive) is probably around 1400 calories, so you are not even eating enough calories for your body to survive. You need to change your direction. Keep at the Paleo if you want, but try to eat at absolute minimum 1500 calories a day, and that is not even healthy.
31 May
You got it dead right there Ariana, that caloric intake there as all wrong.
Image_thumb
1023 Posts
May 30, 2013 5:26pm
via Android

Wow 1000 calories a day?! I strongly suggest to start eating more! It is not healthy to eat beneat your BMR. Your Basic metabolic rate is the amount of nutritional energy your body burns in rest to maintain all functions. Giving your body less nutritional energy than your body needs will result in your body stopping several functions. Mainly your body will make less of several hormones which result in loss of energy and organs can function less good when done over a long period of time. An other problem is that your body will store less fluids when not having the required energy. So this makes it look like you lost fat but in reality your body has less fluids stored. You will gain back this weight inmediatly while eating higher kcals again ( jojo effect!!! ).

In simple words your body will go into survival mode.

I think a paleo diet is great and clean. But a crash diet on extremely low kcals (below 1200) is NOT! Your goal is not to lose a x amount of lbs but to lose a x amount of bodyfat! You will lose alot of your muscle mass this way. It might look good on the scale but i dont believe this is anyones goal.

Google harris-benedict equation. Or some of the other bmr equations.

It might sound harsch or dramatic. But so is your diet at the moment. For some more info pls ask and google.

One book i always suggest is 'Burn the fat, Feed the muscle' by tom venuto!

Ps. Eating alot of fat does not make your body used to have fat as the main energy source. Thats just not how it works :-)

31 May
Good call Rppa.
31 May
Thanks duncan. The body is a hard subject. I try to share the little i know. You never know enough about your own body

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51