Running tightness help

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
20 Posts
Jun 5, 2013 10:43pm
via Android

Hey guys im doing physical training with the marines now and when we were running our 3 miles today my legs got all tight. This always happens
Calves especially. Hammies and quads tighten up and its even harder to run. Any idea what this might be from? I stretch and have above average cardio its just that im always stopped short due this. I dont want to be the last man running.

05 Jun
I had the same problem before. I was running 3 miles a day for 2 weeks. I choose to ignore it, and continue running for another week. First it's tightness, then I became heavy-footed and hurts when walk or run. Takes me around a week and a half to recover. Take a rest or roll tennis ball under after run. This problem messed up my tennis training big time.
05 Jun
Yea exactly im not sure how to go about this
13 Jun
Try a foam roller. You put it on the ground and lean on it and rollike 7 to 10 rolls bsck snd forth. Quads, side of thighs (I T Band), calves. It czn be pretty intense. Happenef to me, but i stuck with it for couple weeks and legs loosened up from that tight, hurtin feelin.
Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Jun 6, 2013 3:12am
via iOS
Are you staying hydrated? Be sure to drink plenty of water throught out the day before your run and after.
Do a lot of stretches before you start your run and see if that helps.
09 Jun
Yes i drink over a gallon a day lol
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Jun 6, 2013 4:30am
via Android

If you absolutely have to run. Find some muscle relax spray or magic spray (numb your muscle) thing they use in soccer. It helps but it will get worse the next day.

09 Jun
It this is in modells?
14 Jun
I just found it at my local pharmacy. Not hard to get
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Jun 12, 2013 7:55am
via iOS
I used to run track and cross country, and my calves used to tighten up too. One stretch that really helped me was to find a wall, put the ball of your foot up against it and lean your body into the wall while keeping your leg straight.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51