Tone my stomach

3 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Jun 8, 2013 1:42am
via Android

I'm trying to lose some weight. I want to tone it up like under my belly button. How can I do this? Need of some ideas..

Image_thumb
176 Posts
Jun 8, 2013 2:30am
via Android

Cardio is the best fat burner. But to tone your belly up kick it up a notch. HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) exercises are for burning fat and building lean muscle. These exercises force you to work hard in short, intense spurts. This spikes your metabolism giving you greater after burn (the amount of calories you burn after your workout is over).

HIIT exercises give you the duo of cardio and lite strength training in one workout.

I built several HIIT exercises (Core Blast, Sexy Booty) from exercises I found here and at ab-workouts-guide.com if you like em checkout Core Abs & Stretches, Cardio Fight Club HIIT, and P90x: Ab Ripper X they're fun and challenging.

Good luck and God Bless!

08 Jun
AS FOR EATING WHATS THE BEST WAY TO GO ABOUT THAT?
Image_thumb
176 Posts
Jun 8, 2013 4:57am
via Android

I like tell people to start with what's called the 3 count plan. For every snack or meal you have try hitting 3 of the 5 food groups. So if you're eating say a burger (protein-- hopefully its a turkey burger...yummy) eat an apple (fruit), and maybe some milk (dairy). It may seem like a lot for snack but you'll notice that your consuming fewer calories in the long run, because your snack are real filling. This is a great because you'll get the vitamins, minerals, and nutrients necessary for your body to function happily and healthy.

If you have a weakness or fondness for a specific bad food (ie cheesecake) make sure you still get 2 of the food groups (fruit, veggie, etc) with it. And don't for any reason think of it as a failure if you eat this bad food once in a great while. It's not cheating you're treating yourself. Just work it off and get back on track. Don't drive yourself nuts trying to be perfect.

Do this and you'll be off to a great start. Keeping reading up on healthy eating and look around the forums for ideas on who to ask when you need help. If you need anything else from me. Feel free to ask, I be more than happy to help. Good luck and God Bless!

08 Jun
THANKS

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51