Skimble suggestion: Change sports tracker points to align more fairly with skimble points

18 posts | Original | Recent

Funky_side_crow_thumb
289 Posts
Dec 9, 2013 3:36pm

In other words credit a 60 minute cycle or 60 minute gym session with 60 points. Make Sports Tracker 1 point per minute as with skimble so that the two integrate better.

09 Dec
Yes, I agree with you David! I go for an hour jog and that only counts as 2+ points -__- I feel like I put much more effort into it then a workout from skimble.
10 Dec
I know that problem and did ask to change the points system at sports tracker Jan. 15 2013. ..
Funky_side_crow_thumb
289 Posts
Dec 9, 2013 4:10pm

Thanks Angelina, I'm in a similar situation - I do 3 hours of Mixed Martial Arts Training (1 hour of which is intense HIIT fitness training) and I get a total of 36 points (12 points per hour)!!! I am considering stopping using Sports Tracker and logging all my activity as skimble workouts but I quite like the fact that Sports Tracker gives a breakdown and tells me how much I've done in each area (cycling, martial  arts, and workouts) so I'd rather not be forced into ditching it.

It's really bad - Skimble are great and I have faith the makers will redress this imbalance if enough of us support a change. 

Spread the word so as many other people as possible can comment and/or click 'like'.

:)

Image_thumb
93 Posts
Dec 9, 2013 4:37pm
via iOS
If you're a Pro you can create those workouts for fairer points.  Just started doing that with my treadmill runs, and time at gym.  Seems it can be easier to cheat by the tracker than with Workout Trainer, as to why points are so low there...
09 Dec
Hey Phil :) I'm not sure what you mean about it being easier to cheat on tracker. What doyou mean? The disadvantage of course with creating workouts for everything is that you can't see a breakdown of your activities; which is what I quite like about using tracker.
04 Aug
One way to "cheat", although some may call it an attempt to make the points fair, is to put down each set. If you usually do 3 or 4 sets of one exercise, you will only get 2 points. However do 1 set and log 3 times, that's 6 points.
Funky_side_crow_thumb
289 Posts
Dec 10, 2013 1:19pm

UPDATE

I posted this same topic under the feedback forum of Sports Tracker and received the following reply from skimble:

"Hi David, thanks for your suggestion! We're working on improving our points system for you and appreciate your patience while we work on it. Thanks again!"

Image_thumb
93 Posts
Dec 12, 2013 5:40pm
via iOS
I mean cheating by being able to put that you ran 100 miles on a treadmill, save it and get points.
13 Dec
Yea but by doing tht th person cheats thm self no real progress is gained by imaginary runs on th treadmill
13 Dec
Yeah you're right there - that is pretty bad. On the other hand I see people logging rest day "workouts" through the workout trainer to get points for doing nothing! That's cheating too. Cheats will always cheat sadly. We just have to ignore them (and un-follow them!). But we must not allow cheaters stop the rest of us from having a fairer points system.
13 Dec
Thts nuts!!! Y wud anybody cheat on points tht absolutely hav no meaning? Except to motivate ourselves??
Image_thumb
481 Posts
Dec 13, 2013 4:39am
via Android

Well focus on th points on skimble but whn scrolling th wat is it called th leader board??? I noticed some on their with high points but whn i visted their profile page they hadn't even done one activity yet no workouts no programs jus following people...also some tht have more workouts completed thn me were lower on th board but whn u visted their profile they had higher points thn me so i lost motivation n it i liked th competitive element but whn i noticed it wasn't correct i jus decided on focusing on creating new and different challengeing workouts....i like th point idea but it just dnt work rite but i lov creating my own workouts i get bored doing th same exercises all th time and i lov seeing wat other people come up with and thnk it wud b cool if they fixed point system and found away to encourage people to create more workouts

13 Dec
Also i like the created workouts better thn th points no offense to skimble but all their workouts r jus bout exactly th same stuff and not much of a challenge...th people on here hav created some tht r nothing but a great and awesome complete challenge so even some cheat on a point system tht flawed anyway th pros r better thn th cons
Funky_side_crow_thumb
289 Posts
Dec 13, 2013 9:47am

UPDATE 2

In reply to Skimble's response (see my update post above) I asked what the rough time-frame would be in terms of them addressing this problem.

I'll let you know what their response is once I get one :)

Zada_thumb
2 Posts
Dec 14, 2013 1:33am
via Android

I just want to say that I fully agree with David. Points are part of the motivation, as well as leaderboard and I for sure don't cheat only because others do that. It's on Skimble to make it fair enough for all users regardless of which app does the use used.

Image_thumb
93 Posts
Dec 19, 2013 7:43pm
via iOS
I used to get more worked up about points until I found my personal goal of 1000 per month as perfect.  As long as there's humans involved, cheating can get folks more points, but good luck to them!  As for me, I'm happy with my progress and even more happy when I get my 1000 for a month.  Hate it when my friends that I know earn more legit points than me!  

One thing I can think of for Skimble to cut some of the cheating is to only give points to paying members.  But that would cut a lot of honest traffic.
Image_thumb
7 Posts
Jan 16, 2014 12:21pm
via iOS
Would a clean athlete like to compete with someone on steroids and other performance-enhancing drugs? Well, that's what it's like if you choose to compete with people on Skimble. I chose this app because of its library of workouts...I refuse to get suckered into a feature just because it's there.
Funky_side_crow_thumb
289 Posts
Jan 17, 2014 6:53am
via Android

The main point here is that if you use BOTH Skimble Tracker and Skimble Workout Trainer you cannot fairly compare yourself against your own performance unless the points from both apps fairly align!!!

Image_thumb
202 Posts
Jan 17, 2014 12:08pm
via Android

Imagers with you all, sucks getting 10 points for 50 minute hockey game, 14 for 70 minutes game and 24 for 2 hour skating. All of these are horridly intensive, fullon workouts , which get bug@#$all points. Really unfair, when dudes get huge points for walking or sweeping or whatever. But, I compile keeping separbtrack of the workouts/sports/activities conducted.

Image_thumb
481 Posts
Jan 17, 2014 12:18pm
via Android

Does anyone have absolute proof tht people are cheating? Or is ths like whn whn 5 year olds are playing a game and one starts crying its not fair he's cheating! Whn really he is just losing ..if I walk on the treadmill I get anywhere frm 14-18 points thts it but if I do high intensity weighttraining I get a lot more points a lot more not to mention these workouts are usually 2 hours and some times more long ..it use to confuse me how come I had more points thn others did more workouts now I get y because they waste time on 7minutes ths 15 min tht 2 min plank challenge or 5 min ab blast those workouts are not very intense nor as is obvious very long...and now tht I understand how it works I see it is quite fair

18 Apr
An odd comment to post Hannah only a month after you made a skimble suggestion for a fairer points system!
Funky_side_crow_thumb
289 Posts
Mar 5, 2014 12:18pm

Sorry everyone. I forgot to update you but I got this on 23rd Dec from skimble:

"David, unfortunately we're super busy working on something new for y'all but we'll hopefully get something out in the new year. Sorry for the inconvenience!"

Image_thumb
94 Posts
Mar 7, 2014 5:18am
via Android

today
I recevied this

Hi Nitin,

Thanks for your feedback regarding our point system. We'll take your concerns into consideration when we look to revamp the point system in the near future.

Thanks again, and please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Cheers,

Courtney Community Gladiator

Funky_side_crow_thumb
289 Posts
Mar 7, 2014 6:22pm
Thanks for the update Nitin
Funky_side_crow_thumb
289 Posts
Aug 3, 2014 6:13pm

6 months later - same points system :-(

Funky_side_crow_thumb
289 Posts
Jun 9, 2016 10:54am
via Android

I've been away for a while. Any progress on this issue?

10 Jun
well, you can create your own workout which covers whatever activity & times you want, and there is now a "log workout" button so rather than doing the workout and skipping to the end, you can just log it and avoid all that, getting all your points for the workout
11 Jun
Ah that's great. Wasn't aware of that. Thanks

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51