Race for life 5k

4 posts | Original | Recent
1 Post
Apr 24, 2014 9:16pm
via Android

Hey, iv entered myself to do race for life, for cancer research and its 5k. Has anyone got any training tips they want to share, i have 45 days to prepare myself

82 Posts
Apr 24, 2014 10:36pm
via Android

Build it up slowly. I trained myself to do 5k (on a treadmill mind) and started with just 10 minutes and increasing it on a weekly basis so I knew I felt comfortable with it. Made me feel amazing knowing I'd achieved my goal by the end of the third week! I did about 20 mins on a bike first to warm up. Just kno. When to stop and don't push yourself too hard even if you feel like you can keep going cuz that's when injuries happen.

11 Posts
Apr 25, 2014 6:03am
via Android

Janna made some really good pointsIt's important increase the intensity slowlyOne way to build up your stamina is to start out running one minute, walking one minute and repeating that sequence for about 20-30 min depending on your fitness levelEach week, either increase the running interval or decrease the rest interval, like run 1 minute walk 30 seconds or run 2 minutes walk 1 minuteYou will slowly build up and be able to run for 20-30 min with few walking breaksYou could try alternating between doing this and doing what Janna suggestedGood luck in your race!

37 Posts
Apr 25, 2014 8:44am
via Android

I do treadmill training, 5.0 for a minute, 5.5 for a minute 6.0 for a minute 6.5 for a minute 7.0 for a minute 7.5 for a minute 8.0 for a minute then down to 4.5 for two minutes and repeat 5 times, it helps me anyway, good luck hope you do well

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51