I Hate Burpees

10 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1 Post
Mar 6, 2015 9:36pm
via Android

Burpees are my enemy and I could really use some advice on how to get along with them. Currently I'll just skip them in every workout I do, what the heck is a burpee even and why do they exist.

06 Mar
I like burpees with pull ups
06 Mar
Does that involve someone pulling up up after attempts at Burpees?
06 Mar
if you can do burpees with pull ups,search workout
06 Mar
With you Stacie. P.S. I snorted with your pull ups reply as that would most likely be me. (>﹏<)
06 Mar
F**ck burpees .... loll
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Mar 6, 2015 9:44pm

Hi Stacie!  I started out not liking the burpies too.... just keep at it and you will get more use to it.  I can't say that I like them still :)  They are a good workout!

Icon_missing_thumb
280 Posts
Mar 6, 2015 10:09pm
via Android

To start take it easy don't force, do it as if you were learning how to do push ups.

Image_thumb
821 Posts
Mar 6, 2015 11:14pm
via Android

I hated barbell squats at first. So I did more and got good. I hated cardio, so I did more and got good. The things I use to hate I no longer hate. If you hate burppes it's because it challenges you, so do them more. It'll change you.

Image_thumb
195 Posts
Mar 6, 2015 11:58pm
via Android

I also hated them and now I kinda like them - sounds weird but the more you do the easier they get. Now I feel great when hitting out a minute or two of them pretty easily.

Good luck!

Image_thumb
269 Posts
Mar 7, 2015 1:03am
via iOS
The only time I hate them myself is when I'm at the end of my workout and my body says 'no more' lol. I don't do the jump out but rather the step back due to an ankle issue.
Image_thumb
95 Posts
Mar 7, 2015 2:44am
via iOS
What Jovon said.  You most likely hate them b/c they're hard.  
Image_thumb
382 Posts
Mar 7, 2015 7:15am
via Android

I hated burpees too, because I couldn't do them. So I did them until I could. I can't say I love them now, but they're great exercise and I don't have any particular feelings for them anymore. Push through. That's what this is all about.

Image_thumb
612 Posts
Mar 7, 2015 9:51am
via Android

One of THE Best full body exercises you can do.  No one likes them at first but you soon get used to them.

Image_thumb
385 Posts
Mar 7, 2015 1:13pm
via Android

I hated burpees as well .. which means you need to conquer them as it means your nit fit enough to do them...

Breath properly, stick to the right technique and force as many as you can without feeling light headed and without thinking about them in any way.

Do this every time and then a few weeks you will think back to the time you didnt like them but now do them for fun.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51