Buried treasure in the forum

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
334 Posts
Aug 9, 2015 1:33pm
via Android

Ok....I'll try not to rant (too much).

I keep seeing the same posts, same questions from different skimblers.

Please, before posting a new topic try and see whether someone has already covered that subject.

I see "I need a workout buddy" posts practically underneath one another on a daily basis. Just reply to the ones already posted or check first to see previous motivational groups (there are gazillions) in the forum specifically there for support.

By doing this we can help each other to not clog up the forum with repetitive information and drown out the actual advice that many take time to research and share with us. We keep bumping those posts up for newcomers or others that have not had the chance to see them.

Just check first. All I'm saying. It will take just as long as it would for you to start a whole new topic and chances are you'll even find the answers you're looking for.

End of rant. Enjoy your Sunday!

09 Aug
Well said Hadi! It's a shame too because there are some really useful threads but they're buried beneath all the repetitive ones.
Image_thumb
456 Posts
Aug 9, 2015 1:47pm
via iOS
Some people believe when they ask directly, they'll get a real( & more personal) answer to their case.  Others are either don't know how to search or they're just too lazy to do so.. OR they're just like my older sister who would rather wake me up from my sleep to ask if we have milk rather than looking in the fridge .... SO Frustrating!!
09 Aug
Frustrating is right. Especially when there are so many fantastic posts being buried Noa.
09 Aug
So true.
09 Aug
It's ironic isn't it, lol. I mean if you're too lazy to scroll and search for a minute then good luck actually having the discipline for working out and eating right.
09 Aug
Exactly Christian!
Image_thumb
274 Posts
Aug 13, 2015 11:49pm
via Android

Why not let them post? I don't think of Skimble as a place for hardcore gym goers, most have no idea what they are doing. They probably want an answer from a real person about their personal goals, while maybe making a workout buddy. I see no problems here.

14 Aug
Jason, mine is a personal opinion. Who's stopping them? They're big boys and girl. They can read a post and take or leave it. Only one thing I'd like to clear up. It's got nothing to do with wanting this forum for the more experienced among us. Just like you replied to this post (made days ago) and I replied back, the same would happen if they used existing posts. In fact, they may even be able to see previous replies from people that could actually help them. A lot of good posts with the answers to their questions may...
14 Aug
I hear you. But as a community, I'm sure some people just want to be heard, or meet some people with the same interests or goals. Yeah they are repetitive, yeah it makes up about 90 percent of the boards, but I know I would probably like to be heard as well if I was in their shoes.
14 Aug
I get what your saying too. ^^ My thing is that they could actually be missing out on so much information. Good information. In the end though, it's their choice. Good thing about this app? We all find our own path.
14 Aug
*you're saying....tjat time of the night here in London ^^
14 Aug
I give up...lol

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51