Drop and give me 20.

14 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
4 Posts
Apr 24, 2013 3:40am
via Android

Currently I'm in a stage where i need help and need it fast. Leaving to boot camp soon (50 days) & i can barely keep up anymore.
I need workouts that can help build endurance, and help develop some muscle in my core and arms. Thank you so much!
Side note:
Currently can do:
1.5 mile: 12mins
Push-ups: 15 (without rest)
Sit ups: 57 (without rest)
My goal:
1.5 mile: 9 - 10 minutes
Push-ups: 20 - 40 (without rest)
Sit-ups: 70 - 100 (without rest)

24 Apr
I'd love the help but i wouldn't want to cause stress if you're helping someone else out. If it doesn't bother you then sure .
10 May
Yoga and practicing.your sit ups and push ups. Pull ups is also a really really intense way of muscle training. Good luck!!
11 May
Girl with those stats, you will be fine in boot camp, just make sure your elbows are at a 90 degree angle when you go down or the drill sergeants won't count it! Trust me, you will meet people who can do zero push-ups in 2 mins, you will get plenty of training!!!
Icon_missing_thumb
21 Posts
Apr 24, 2013 2:59pm
via Android

U look cute

Image_thumb
42 Posts
Apr 24, 2013 4:46pm
via iOS
Look into the crossfit workouts (on Skimble and youtube). Thats the greatest workouts for endurance 
Image_thumb
24 Posts
May 9, 2013 9:09pm
via iOS
You should check out Shayloss on YouTube!
Image_thumb
23 Posts
May 9, 2013 9:59pm
via Android

Based on your stats, I don't think you have too much to worry about. And you'll get plenty of practice too lol

Image_thumb
731 Posts
May 9, 2013 10:20pm
via iOS
Sounds like you need a kattlebell bell. Google have good workouts and advice.
Image_thumb
16 Posts
May 10, 2013 10:19pm
via iOS
How do i start a topic????????????
Image_thumb
157 Posts
May 10, 2013 11:21pm
via Android

Try shortening the rest time between your sets. Do your 15, rest 30 seconds, do as many as you can (try for at least 12,) rest 30 seconds try to get 10, keep doing this until you can only do one pushup then rest for a few minutes. Or you could switch to knee pushups. Try having someone else count for you (purposely lose track of the count,) and get them to encourage you when you start to give up. You can hold a plank in your sticking spot, then explode out of it. Go back to your spot (i.e. not all the way down,) and explode out again.
Change your hand position from wide or narrow mid-set to get different muscles. I also like to set up my hands diagonally to take the pressure off of my shoulders.
There are lots of things to try, but just keep doing it, and you will become stronger.

Image_thumb
18 Posts
May 11, 2013 2:41am
via iOS
Also, another tip for push-ups, when you get tired, do not go to your knees, drop your entire body to the ground so your hips are on the floor, put your hands next to your chest and hold your elbows in while you push-up... Just go til muscle failure and you will get better all the time, I went from like 8 push-ups to 27 just by doing that for two weeks!
Image_thumb
27 Posts
May 12, 2013 10:14pm
via iOS
30 push-ups
2 min of "raise the roof"
15 wide grip push-ups 
2 min over head arm claps
10 close grip push-ups 
2 min little arm circles front and back

This push-up routine is done without resting. you can use your knees if you need some help at first, but I make my soldiers do this when they piss me off :)
13 May
IM just starting to get back in shape but I don't know how often I should do each exercise and on what days if you could point me in the right direction, I would appreciate the advice
13 May
It will increase your amount of push-ups by a lot. After doing the push-up routine every night after 3 weeks my count went from 53 in 2 minutes to 84 in 2 minutes.
13 May
It kinda depends on what your goal is. the most important thing to remember is no excuses work out on your free time and get addicted. No one is gonna force you to be in shape unless your in the military. Exceed your goal and keep upping your standards. Use the times you are angry or upset and that'll set a healthy Rhythm. All that being said, here's what you should do: Make a list of 10 weightless workouts 4 upper body, 3 lower body, and 3 ab exercises. Do 40 sec on and 20 off. Do 3 rounds ill...
Image_thumb
27 Posts
May 12, 2013 10:37pm
via iOS
Image_thumb
13 Posts
May 13, 2013 10:09am
via Android

Give the Spartan run challenge a go that will get your press ups and sit ups up there. It helped me. Go on my profile ive liked it, theres 3 phases to it but dont jump into the highest start at number 1.

Image_thumb
27 Posts
May 13, 2013 6:37pm
via iOS
Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
May 13, 2013 6:41pm
via iOS

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51