Burpee challenge

64 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
953 Posts
Sep 15, 2013 9:24am
via Android

Don't want to get too tired putting this on top of the other exercise I do,.so I'm gonna start with five.

Five burpees a day for 5 days. 6 a day for 6 days. 7 for 7. And so on up to ten. I might need to use a calendar. I will have at least one rest day per week.

I'll be doing burpees like this:
squat down put hands to floor next to feet
Hop feet back to a full plank
Do a pushup
Jump feet back to a crouch again
Leap up as high as possible, drawing knees up to chest.

(i would clap hands above head on the jump but my room doesn't have the space)

19 Sep
FYI: go to LA cross fit, to resources, print burpee challenge sheet. 1 on day 1, 2 on day 2, etc, etc. till 100 on day 100.
19 Sep
FYI: I use same sheet for pushups, pull ups, sit ups, squats with 2 20lb dumbbells, flutterkicks, planks.
19 Sep
To add a little leg work try a burpee followed by a box jump. How many can you do?
19 Sep
Ok... im in!!! Sounds painfully good
Image_thumb
953 Posts
Sep 15, 2013 9:35am
via Android

Just did first five. Hmmm if its too easy, I may do five per minute for five minutes, five days. Six/min for 6 minutes six days, up to ten.

Image_thumb
953 Posts
Sep 15, 2013 1:15pm
via Android

created a workout just for this challenge: Burpee Challenge.

Check my workouts if you want.

Image_thumb
392 Posts
Sep 16, 2013 12:59am
via Android

okay I'm in

Me_thumb
13 Posts
Sep 16, 2013 2:58am
via Android

Your not getting anything unless you push your self

16 Sep
That's not entirely true. The fact that you're actually doing something is enough. You don't need to be sweating and breathless to get in a "good workout". You just need to know you got up and moved instead of lying around all day. Not trying to say you're wrong, though! But for me, pushing myself off the couch is enough! lol
21 Sep
If you want results you have to push your self out of your comfort zone, if you go in thinking will at least I got of the couch you have already failed. If you are looking to lose weight our going muscle train smart and hard and you well see results if you train lazy you're progress will be so slow that you will lose motivation and quit. Challenge your self be competitive try and accomplish more this work out then you did your last workout. One more rep a little more weight, a little faster on the run or...
Image_thumb
953 Posts
Sep 16, 2013 8:59am
via Android

Finished two days. I did some dips in the park last night, and today the last two minutes of five burpees were SO TOUGH.

Image_thumb
953 Posts
Sep 19, 2013 2:47am
via Android

Took a rest day. Been doing other stuff too and woke up not sore really but with that fatigue that feels deep. I've learned to listen to my body a little more especially now that I'm an old man and don't bounce back as quickly.

back in it today, tho

Image_thumb
265 Posts
Sep 19, 2013 7:26am
via Android

Your corrected one sounds like a good challenge. I'm in!

19 Sep
I can't find the workout you've created. Can you tell me the specs, please? Your profile is private so I can't look up your workouts either.
19 Sep
Oh I had no idea!.I guess private is the default!
Image_thumb
953 Posts
Sep 19, 2013 1:03pm
via Android

Ok my profile is public thanks for the notice.

The Burpee workout is pretty simple just five sets of one minute burpees. I tried putting in 45 second burpees with rest periods just so I could have the "trainer" voice giving you verbal cues as to what set you're on "round three finished" but I have yet to make it really work.  whatever it's just five sets count it yourself haha. 

When I bump up to six in a day or two I will make a new, separate workout.

19 Sep
Ah, ok sure. I think I'm going to lose count but here I go anyway!
19 Sep
I'm doing five per minute now so that's all I gotta count and just do it every set until the bell rings. I'm usually done in like fifteen seconds. I might lose count when i get up to like eight though ugh i can't imagine.
Image_thumb
265 Posts
Sep 19, 2013 2:37pm
via Android

Okay 1st one done. Last round was pretty tough to get through. The challenge is rolling.

19 Sep
20 Sep
Day 2: much easier already! Powered through it so I'll jump up to 6 per minute for 5 minutes this week.
20 Sep
Wow! I'm sticking with five for one more day (to fill my five days) before I jump to six. Great to see you doing it! I guess it will help keep me motivated too.
21 Sep
Day 3 was much much harder with 6/minute. Had to rush a little to fit in the reps and was feeling the struggle by the fourth round. Though doing workouts beforehand probably doesn't help...
Image_thumb
953 Posts
Sep 21, 2013 4:03am
via Android

Finished day 5. Gonna make a new workout for six per minute for six minutes. I'll keep the five for a while though it's a good basic one you can do as many times as you want.

Image_thumb
953 Posts
Sep 22, 2013 3:56am
via Android

Well skimble had let me create three workouts but then wouldn't let me delete only one to create another so...

I edited the Burpee challenge workout. Hopefully that works, I've had weird experiences with editing workouts and the app completely messing it up, like reading the old script over the new workout...

Maybe I just gotta clear my cache.

ANYWAY
I will be using this new workout, and stopping after round six, until I bump up. All ten rounds are there but I'm not sure I'll EVER do them considering how I've felt after five.

I guess that's why it's a challenge with a buildup.

22 Sep
You can do it! I'm cheering for you!
Image_thumb
953 Posts
Sep 22, 2013 10:35am
via Android

Just finished day one of six for six for six.  Hopefully by the sixth day the last two rounds get easier. 

The new Burpee challenge workout works great. I cleared my cache so that might have helped with the edited workout problem.

Image_thumb
265 Posts
Sep 24, 2013 9:26am
via Android

Last of the 5 rounds done today! I can look forward to 6 rounds tomorrow!

24 Sep
Are you doing burpees with a push up?
24 Sep
Yep. I'm a little lazy on the knee tucks though (I really really hate them)
25 Sep
Wow good job. Knee tucks? Like at the end when you jump up/bring knees up, or in the middle when you hop back into a squat before jumping?
Image_thumb
953 Posts
Sep 24, 2013 12:16pm
via Android

I Did day two of 6/6/6 yesterday but couldn't really finish. (last two rounds did like 5 and 3) That's okay I've been pretty active otherwise. I think this challenge needs some rest days.

I also realized that with burpees the way I do them I'm doing 25 pushups in 5 minutes and bumping that up to 36 in six minutes. Normally I think that would be doable but with all whats in a Burpee..well it's tough... And with the ultimate goal being 100 burpees/100 push ups in ten minutes!

Anyway my point is I plan on waiting a day in between challenge days to do other stuff and let my Burpee body rest and rebuild. I am not discouraged missing the goal number on day 2 of 6/6/6, I figure by day 6 I'll be doing it fine and ready to attempt 7/7/7

Image_thumb
265 Posts
Sep 25, 2013 12:52am
via Android

My arms were all trembly during round 6. But I got through it!

Image_thumb
953 Posts
Sep 25, 2013 3:48am
via Android

Day three of 666 finished (hail satan)

Did last two rounds a bit slower and waited the last round until the last twenty seconds, but I did it all!

25 Sep
Great work!
Image_thumb
265 Posts
Sep 25, 2013 7:53am
via Android

When I jump up and am meant to bring my knees to my chest. I always end up hitting the ground really hard which is bad for my ankles and knees. So I end up only bending my knees 20 degrees or so...

25 Sep
Ahh... Oh yeah that is not good. I land on the balls of my feet, y'know, almost on my toes. Well, yeah, keep doin the smaller jumps and work on your landing :) glad you're doing it!
25 Sep
I'm a little too klutz. I tip over if I try the balls of my feet.
Image_thumb
953 Posts
Sep 27, 2013 2:12am
via Android

Oh wow just did day four of 666 before breakfast. With nothing in me I felt weak like I couldn't do it especially round five and six but oddly enough when I pushed my body and just started to do it, somehow it came through. DAY FOUR COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY

Image_thumb
953 Posts
Sep 27, 2013 2:30am
via Android

I just gotta say this challenge really fits what I want cuz
a) its CHALLENGING
and b) it progresses toward a goal while improving my body. I can feel the difference as I build up my body and then the next level breaks me back down again

The other challenges I see on here all seem to just say "do the same thing for x number of days"

If you can do the first day, the other days aren't really a challenge now are they? (except for challenging your commitment to a schedule I guess)

C'mon ppl this is one kick your a$$ challenge and it progresses to keep kickin your a$$. (I want the motivation of other ppl sharing this challenge with me, is what I'm saying here)

27 Sep
It is a great challenge and I'm loving it! Have I said thanks for making this? Well, thanks!
28 Sep
Thank you for saying so! Its amazing the difference it can make, having even one person sharing a challenge.
28 Sep
You're very welcome. That's pretty much the whole point of this app isn't it? Thank you for all your support too!
30 Sep
That's so true.. I hate these but they help more than just doing one exercise they work out all ur bod.;)
Image_thumb
265 Posts
Sep 28, 2013 2:41am
via Android

Day 3 of 666 done!

Image_thumb
392 Posts
Sep 29, 2013 5:55pm
via Android

Day 9: 6 again done!!!!

Image_thumb
953 Posts
Sep 30, 2013 6:47am

I created a really simple tracking sheet for the challenge you can view and hopefully download and or print it here:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B22-MY5rbq6PWlNkems2Y3NTMms/edit?usp=sharing

You can, of course, make your own, or just use a calender and mark off days with a special symbol or color.

Im not very experienced with google drive so let me know if you tried and couldnt print or download.

I just gonna hang it on my wall, make whatever notes on it each day and then cross off each square with a big red x as I complete the days.

Good luck!

30 Sep
sorry I have no idea how to create a link in this forum... I tried the html code but didn't work....so... copy and paste?
Image_thumb
953 Posts
Sep 30, 2013 12:41pm
via Android

Day five of the sixer set done, one more day til I bump to seven. I have a feeling there will be no "getting comfortable" with this challenge. As soon as I start to think my current level is doable, it bumps up.

Still can't imagine ever doing tens.

Image_thumb
265 Posts
Sep 30, 2013 1:31pm
via Android

Day 5 done.

I can't even imagine fitting 8 into one minute let alone 10. I tried 7 in the last round and went over into the rest period... Might end up just doing max reps for 10 rounds with 7 being thr mminimum.

30 Sep
Oh wow I do them pretty fast so I'm done with six by the time she says 30 seconds left. (I slow down on the last two rounds) The rest period is really only there so I could have the vocal labeling of the number you are on (although, really, a breather is necessary I think, or I'd die..., plus without it, it's not burpees per minute it's just burpees constantly for x minutes)
30 Sep
Hmmmmm. I do them pretty slow. I always try to do a proper squat (as in make sure I am stretching my leg muscles) which slows me down a lot. I agree, the breather is very necessary.
30 Sep
Ah yeah I just drop down fast to my hands. And on subsequent burpees I drop as I land the jump. I've only ever seen burpees in like two online videos I think that is where I got the idea to just do em fast although in one vid I remember he did em too fast and looked half-assed. I think the explosive jump at the end is what I'm looking for most, and the squat form is my lowest priority after the plank and pushup. :) idk what's best... My knees sometimes don't like the drop.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51