Binge eater

5 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Jan 10, 2014 4:03am
via Android

So I'm a binge eater and occasional bulimic. This really gets me down when I want to lose weight but this stupid illness takes over daily! Feels like I will never win this battle. Any advice?

10 Jan
It's a very complicated illness with binging. However, try basing yourself on healthy, small protioned meals, about 1200 calories a day. I suggest dietpoint, an app I also use to schedule certain diet plans. :-)
Image_thumb
85 Posts
Jan 10, 2014 4:04am
via Android

Eat small healthy fresh snacks all day. Keep your head up.

10 Jan
I'll try but it's really hard, thanks
Image_thumb
85 Posts
Jan 10, 2014 4:09am
via Android

Good luck. You probably depressed that why you binge eat

Image_thumb
954 Posts
Jan 10, 2014 4:44am
via Android

Talk to a doctor. Getting the professional help you need makes a huge difference. Google online support communities too.

Icon_missing_thumb
5 Posts
Jan 11, 2014 5:07am
via Android

Living with bulimia isn't a ride in the park it takes guts and determination to beat it. I used to do the same exact thing a few years back and from time to time I'll have a slip up, but it's gotten easier since I redownloaded this app recently. It becomes a fix after a while, and you feel it like it's withdrawal from a drug when you forget or just don't purge.

Like a normal addiction it takes time to fully recover from abusing your body. Once it's become an addiction all there is to do is just not do it. It will hurt mentally and physically while you heal, but you've already shown you have the guts to beat it, Joanna. Just admitting you have this disorder and that you yearn to beat it shows you have the willpower to beat it. Don't be so hard on yourself though, you are always your own person, this doesn't make you, but it can break you. Much luck and love, you'll beat it.

My advice; keep a journal/diary and whenever you feel the need to purge write down how you feel about it. Getting the feelings out may help you find out were the addiction stems from, but releasing your feelings will be healthy. If you don't feel comfortable writing it, tell a loved one, a healthy support system is always good. You will be fine, and you will find your release.

Just remember you are worth it Joanna, and never let anyone make you think otherwise. :-)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51