June to end of August challenge anyone?

566 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
84 Posts
May 27, 2014 5:10pm
via Android

Hi, I'm new to this app, first day here, I see already how you guys have challenges up. Very cool. That's exactly what I've been looking for. Would anyone like to start a three month challenge?

27 May
Hmmmm 3 month challenge? I'm new in this too but it sound interesting... what is the challenge about?
27 May
Well I saw other people put in challenges like lose 30 pounds in 3 months, I wanted to get some input on what others think we should do and ways to motivate each other, what do you think Mercy? Any ideas?
27 May
Yes I have seen those challenges around this app too I check'em but I didn't really found useful info, just comments. And Yea I do have a couple of ideas instead of just comment but actually share healthy recipes, workouts, shakes, proteins, and things that would be really helpful on the process... What about you? Do you have any ideas Bryan?
27 May
We should do a diet where we eat high protein and low fat low sugar low carb foods....and ELIMINATE ALL processed foods and have rules like: no eating out, no Tim Horton's no food which is packaged , so only home cooked, fresh veggies and fruits and use honey and fruits for our sugar cravings..... Amy thoughts?
27 May
Actually that is a good idea... I know for a fact that if u fallow a just protein diet at least for 5 days in a row u can loose up to 7 lb... I know it sound crazy and it is kind of difficult at the beginning but it does work
Image_thumb
84 Posts
May 27, 2014 6:11pm
via Android

That's a great idea,  I think maybe we should with ourselves in on Sunday June 1st and post our weight, we will do what you said about posting recipes,  we will put up everything we had for breakfast, lunch,  dinner,  and if we cheat we have to be honest,  we put up when we work out or when we need some motivation if we feel like we don't want to work out,  we will only weigh in every three weeks to see bigger results and that should motivate us more except for the last month we wait four weeks until August 31st and weigh in to see the biggest difference hopefully, after the biggest gap, we post pictures after before and after pictures as our profile photos,  and keep in touch telling each other how we feel when we feel good or tired or anything,

27 May
Have fun on your folks journey!! Also.. have fun :-) and welcome!!
27 May
Hey yes for sure it sound like a plan... and honestly I have a time trying to go back boxing and be in shape and lack of time have been my biggest obstacle but I will do by best to keep this on track to help u and my self in this journey :D
29 May
Hey this sounds like a great idea! Would definitely want to commit to this! (:
29 May
Welcome Shalaela! Sunday is the first day of the rest of our lives, I'm really excited, so you read what we want to do, do you want to lose 30 pounds? Less or more? Either way we're here for each other, it's like a support group lol
29 May
Well right now im at 176 and I would love to fet down to 135 again but I need to make small goals that way I feel accomplished so im aiming for 160 then lowering to 145 until I hit my goal weight. I also want to build up some serious muscle too.
Image_thumb
84 Posts
May 27, 2014 6:11pm
via Android

Weigh *ourselves... sorry

08 Jun
I m 55 ...I Want to be 47
12 Jun
I just gave birth a few mths bk. Im 270 i lost 30lbs in 5 mths.. Need to lose 170lbs before the end of the year.. Lets do this
16 Jun
I'm in.....I'm 275lbs. It's time for this weight to come off.... is it too late to join? I have already been exercising.
16 Jun
We're here to keep each other motivated, never too late
Image_thumb
84 Posts
May 27, 2014 6:22pm
via Android

Okay so let's do it Mercy,  hopefully we have some new members join us by Sunday,  I'm going to put it on my calendar and remind you,  we're going to put our weight and help each other along the way for three months, yay! 

27 May
Ok Ok coo Bryan it sounds all good, and yea Hopefully we have new members that could also help us
01 Jun
Great
02 Jun
Hey i know it's a day after June 1 but can a newbie like me start :)?
02 Jun
Of course you can join us, the more the merrier
Image_thumb
84 Posts
May 27, 2014 6:31pm
via Android

That sounds like a good idea,  but let's try to make it as simple as we could,  not everybody can always cook at home, let's also find things that we can buy outside that is healthy and healthy things we can cook at home,  let's start simple first,  like oatmeal for breakfast maybe with some fruit like a banana or two,  for lunch something like a salad with chicken or none,  maybe a wrap or a big fruit salad,  for dinner I'm not too sure does anyone have any ideas for dinner?

27 May
Oh yea I know the difficulty schedule trust me, like I say lack of time is my issue and I don't have a chance to cook my self but by saying protein I mean also things like nuts, almond and so. And Yea have breakfast as lunch is valid u know
28 May
Can I do the challenge? :D
Image_thumb
84 Posts
May 28, 2014 12:23am
via Android

That sounds great,  so I have read that we should eat breakfast like a king/queen,  lunch like a prince/princess  and dinner like a pauper,  do you believe that? What would be a big healthy breakfast where you know you're full and ate healthy? I'm going to do some research also

28 May
I think an excellent breakfast is eggs with orange juice some fruit and toast with jelly
30 May
Egg whites have only 17 calories and are fat free and they still have protein alot of people don't like them in their own but they're good in egg and cheese sandwiches and omlettes it saves you alot of calories and fat and is still filling. Also milk instead of cream in coffee helps. :) id say I lost a few pounds just trying this.
Image_thumb
84 Posts
May 28, 2014 12:28am
via Android

Of course Cynthia,  we don't start till Sunday the beginning of June it's perfect timing,  so my question is.....  How many pounds should be our goal? 20?30?40? I want to lose about 60 - 70 pounds and look how I used to look when I came out of bootcamp in the Marines, I let myself go and need motivation, I know in three months I won't do that but I think 30 is possible, what do you ladies think?

28 May
I would like to do 20-30 because I'm already 133 I weigh the same I have been for months but I'm just getting a little bigger and bigger each day but I'm not gaining weight for some reason so I just want to lose what I gained
28 May
Anything is possible Bryan ones when I was in Boxing I loose 60 points in 3 months but they train me like a dog!! Literally! I was in a concentration boxing camp in mexico And it was really good... and about that subject I want to loose around 20-30
30 May
30 is good I weighed 125 a few years ago and now im 150 my goal is 130 then to keep it off
10 Jun
Yeah I was a part of this. Sorry I didnt pull through. My boyfriend whom I was with for a year dumped me for the girl I hate the most and he tried to sleep with my best friend and my best friend likes him too and all my friends left me for him so I have been in quite a ruckus my sincere apologize but I did lose the weight I wanted. Hope you reach your goals
10 Jun
you don't need to apologize, I hope you're okay, and see that as a good sign, negative people leaving your life is a good thing, it may hurt but it just shows you who really cares for you and doesn't we're still here for you whenever you need a friend and motivation, glad you lost the weight you wanted
Image_thumb
84 Posts
May 28, 2014 12:31am
via Android

That sounds yummy, what do you think about pancakes? Waffles? Omelet? Turkey? French Toast? The more fruit the better right?

28 May
I think waffles and pancakes are bad for me because I like to soak it in syrup and that's bad I eat a pop tart every morning because of my food allergies
28 May
Cynthia pancakes and waffles could be healthy if u use substitutions, I have some recipes where instead of flour u use protein and oatmeal on it and as the protein come in different flavours u can have let say "Straberry oatmeal pancakes"
28 May
And Bryan u can eat everything if u know how to use substitutions... like smoothies u can use soy milk and frozen dark chocolate (100% cocoa) And honey as sweetener and it taste fabulous!
Image_thumb
84 Posts
May 28, 2014 12:43am
via Android

Okay so maybe we can keep it in the 20-30 range,  isn't pop tarts too much sugar? Grab a banana or an apple instead

Image_thumb
16 Posts
May 28, 2014 12:50am
via Android

I'm so in.  I haven't worked out in a few years.  Went from fit college football athlete to a fat old man.  Haha. I could lose about 50lbs.

05 Jun
where you been Mark? everything okay?
Image_thumb
26 Posts
May 28, 2014 1:00am
via Android

I'm totally in! I need to lose the weight

Image_thumb
84 Posts
May 28, 2014 1:05am
via Android

Awesome! Let's do it Mark!

Image_thumb
16 Posts
May 28, 2014 1:07am
via Android

So who is going to organize this?  Every one should put a photo in and their weight.  Twice a week we update how we did working out and eating.  Every two weeks we should our photo and weight. 

28 May
Hello Mark, well Bryan and I suggest about keep on track every day by sharing our workouts, recipes, what we have on main as plan to keep our self motivated and others... we are also going to post pictures and things like that so what u suggest or have on mind?
Image_thumb
16 Posts
May 28, 2014 1:08am
via Android

Sounds good Bryan I need a good motivator

Image_thumb
1 Post
May 28, 2014 1:09am
via Android

I'd like to join this challenge too! Took boxing class and loved them, but due to my schedule am having a hard time getting back to it. I'd love to lose 20 - 25 lbs by the end of August.

28 May
That's my case Edith and I would luv to motivate each other on that I use to luv boxing so much but my lack of time make me loose it and that's exactly the amount of points I want to loose because I want to go back on muscle building also!
28 May
Let's do it Edith, let's not give up on each other,
05 Jun
hey Edith, haven't heard from you in a while, how are your workouts going?
Image_thumb
84 Posts
May 28, 2014 1:18am
via Android

Let's do it Saja!

Image_thumb
84 Posts
May 28, 2014 1:24am
via Android

Yeah let's put our weight on Sunday, two weeks sounds good,  one year ago my cousin and I had a plan where we would only check our weight every three weeks,  every three weeks I one weeks before August 31st  so I was thinking we wait all of August or if everyone else prefers we do it two weeks then let's go ahead and do that,  posting pictures is a great idea,  and of course daily motivation from each other,  we tell each other everything that has to do with our fitness goals,  I think we should even post pictures of the scale when we weigh in and pictures of ourselves every two weeks or every four weeks, we share any recipes and exercises that can help us out,  I'm so excited I didn't think my post would even get a response at all

28 May
Bryan have u heard about the workout Focus T25? Is a really good workout program I never sweat like that in just 25 min... and it had really good variable workout plans so u won't get bored of the same workout over and over
28 May
Never heard of it, is it on this app? I'm going to Google it, how often do you do it?
28 May
No is not a app Bryan is a program on the creator of INSANITY WORKOUT and I use to do it just the weekends bcuz of my ? lack of time bcuz of school and 2 jobs but now school is over so I'm planing to start daily again
Image_thumb
16 Posts
May 28, 2014 1:27am
via Android

I'm sorry Mercy I didn't read all the post.  That sounds great to me!!

28 May
Is all good Mark.., we are here try to help each other :D
Image_thumb
16 Posts
May 28, 2014 1:29am
via Android

Hi Mercy I have t25. I just got it in the mail this week.  I heard its pretty intense. 

28 May
It is pretty intense Mark so just an advice... DRINK LOT OF WATER! Lol because you will need it! And be prepare to do it and u won't regret it
Image_thumb
35 Posts
May 28, 2014 1:32am
via Android

Hey I just want to make something clear...is really different loose weight than loose BODY FAT! I don't want to loose that much weigh because I don't want to loose my muscle mass and I took a test where my body just had 15% of body fat even that I'm too heavy is more muscle mass... the scale is just # plus doesn't check your body type or structure...

28 May
I agree, I don't want to lose too much muscle either, that's why I will be running and also doing some weights
Image_thumb
84 Posts
May 28, 2014 1:35am
via Android

So I'm very simple when it comes to working out,  there's cardiovascular day and strength day,  what really helped me out last year when I lost 25 pounds (though I gained it back plus more), was couch to 5K, I'm going to be doing that app again,  Monday Wednesday and Friday, Tuesday and Thursday I want to do strength,  squats on both days,  day A military overhead press and penlay rows, day B bench press and deadlifts, I also want to plan on going for some walks, there's also a great app that has challenges like making it to 100 push-ups 200 crunches, and like three other things that will take a few minutes of my time,  crunches I remember in bootcamp are one of the best things to do,  what kind of exercises do you guys have in mind? Mercy and Mark I know you guys have yours set, do you plan on doing anything else besides that?

28 May
Yea I have planned to run up the hill a mountain Is close by and pluss swim extra laps... I'm planing to kill my self literally this 3 month's b4 next semester bcuz if I loose 60 lb b4 I can do it again :)
28 May
You can do it, I lose a lot of weight like that once also, but it's easier when a drill instructors is yelling in your face lol now im sick of slacking off and I'm pushing myself, I'm happy to have found this app and people who want to accomplish the same thing, I'm so excited!
28 May
I know right! Actually I'm passing throw a lot personally and that is something that kill my motivation but as same as you I'm glad I found this app now it give me back my motivation of been back on shape
28 May
Nice, building a lot of resistance
Image_thumb
16 Posts
May 28, 2014 1:37am
via Android

I'm going to do T25 I have a friend in Pretty good shape he said if I follow the exercise and eating I should lose significant weight

28 May
Awesome, best of luck Mark, let's do this, Sunday is day one
28 May
That's true Mark just do the exercise, plenty of water and remember of eat enough of protein bcuz u will need it
Image_thumb
84 Posts
May 28, 2014 1:41am
via Android

So let's finish this week on a good note or with a lot of cake haha but Sunday let's post those numbers and let's do this thing,  of you mess up don't feel sad..  Share with the team and let's give each other the motivation we need to make better decisions!

28 May
Hey is ok to have a cheat day Bryan lol but I mean I know we all can do this just!
Image_thumb
16 Posts
May 28, 2014 1:41am
via Android

Sounds good I'll weigh in on Sunday

Image_thumb
35 Posts
May 28, 2014 1:45am
via Android

WE CAN DO THIS GUYS!

28 May
I would like in on this challenge as well :D
28 May
Welcome to the club Lacey! Sunday is day one, be ready to post your weight and your target and make some new friends, we're all going to help each other along the way when we're up and when we're down
28 May
So what exactly does this challenge consist of?
28 May
The original goal is 30 pounds in 3 months, some want to lose less than that, some will have more, like myself which I will continue to do after this challenge, but what I've noticed is how excited everyone is for the team effort and the motivation from the rest of the group, we are looking going to share everything we can with each other to achieve our goal,
28 May
Doing it as a team sounds amazing! Its hard doing it all on your own. Next question, so are we all doing the samme workouts? Or do evferything on our own?

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51