I want to became a runner 8 Weeks Running Challenge

25 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
184 Posts
Jun 23, 2014 8:39am
via Android

For 8 Weeks I don't have school.
I am going to use this time to became a runner.
I always try to run long distances without a break but I can't handle it right now.
I hope this challenge will help me.
Today was my first day of this Challenge.

Could you guys give me some tips on how to stay motivated.

This week challenge is to run 1 min and to walk 2 min.

25 Jun
Outdoor running or treadmill?
28 Jun
I am running outdoor
07 Jul
Are you sprinting for the minute or jogging?
Image_thumb
184 Posts
Jun 24, 2014 7:05am
via Android

Today was the second day of the challenge and I discovered how important it is to take water with me during this intervall.
But I don't know where to put the water bottle during the run.
Any Ideas ?

03 Jul
I use to drink when I get home. But if you absolutely need water during the workout, you can buy a kind of belt with some tiny bottles that belongs to the belt :)
04 Jul
I just leave mine with a little extra space to crush it a bit so it doesn't slip out of my hand :)
Image_thumb
184 Posts
Jun 25, 2014 2:50pm
via Android

I am sore.
What can I do ?

Image_thumb
53 Posts
Jun 25, 2014 7:21pm
via Android

Hi there,     Are you using a c25k app to train?  I am and to stay motivated, I always post when I complete a workout.  Sometimes I let everyone know when I will do my next work out.  For muscle soreness  I stretch really well after my workout followed by hot shower.   The more you run/walk, the less you will feel sore.  Hope this helps.  Don't stop

1119764_1495575509_570251144_n_thumb
213 Posts
Jun 26, 2014 2:47am
via Android

If you are usimg c25k, keep the rest days. You can do other workouts if you want, but don't run those days. It gives your muscles time to recover and they won't be as sore.  Water, either find a bottle you can carry, or do a loop course and stash one in the shade. Good luck!

Image_thumb
19 Posts
Jun 26, 2014 4:34am
via Android

When you are running you should always breathe in your nose and out your mouth. This allows more Oxygen to get in your body. The faster you run the more you breathe like this. Make sure you stretch your arms and your legs really good because when you are running you are using most of your muscles. When I run I usually Dont think about how much it hurts so all I do is clear my mind. Another thing I think about when I run is that after this run I am gonna get better. Did you know that the brain controls about 90% of the body? So when you tell yourself that I can't do it well your telling your brain thats impossible so it shuts down. Next time you should tell your mind hey I can do this and then you can accomplish anything. Like what Eminem said you can do anything you set your mind to. And that is will power for you. I hope this helped you. If you need more help kik me D_Rocha117

26 Jun
Thank you so much for your help
28 Jun
No problem
30 Jul
I just started training too. I am using the nike plus app. I'm about to hit the trails and do two miles today. Good luck to you.
Image_thumb
184 Posts
Jun 28, 2014 11:49am
via Android

No I am not using this app.
I am using a schedule form a internet website.
(I will post them in the comments).

Today I saw the first result.
I was able to run the whole 1 min.

**When you see results it becams an addiction**

28 Jun
That's great. Keep going, you will get better. I did my first 5 mins 20 mins ago. I am still hyped up over it. Oh and its the same program. The app just tells you when to run and walk without me having to check the time.
28 Jun
Oh I didn't notice that this are the same programs. Enjoy it ♧
Image_thumb
184 Posts
Jul 3, 2014 2:36pm
via Android

When I stand up to go for a run I am always really unmotivated but when I am finish I am so happy.
Tomorrow is a rest day but I really want to go for a run.
But my body is screaming for a little rest.
I am always tried even when I have slept long.

03 Jul
Resting is really important. The best sleep is before 24:00. Push yourself when you run. You ain't getting any better if you don't take a step forward :)
30 Jul
This tiredness could be a result of your diet. Once I started eating helathier my body felt better and my recovery is faster. Now I can tolerate the soreness.
Image_thumb
184 Posts
Jul 4, 2014 4:12pm
via Android

I bought new running clothes today.
So I am so excited to continue the challenge tomorrow.
Stay motivated.

05 Jul
Great keep it up.
Image_thumb
184 Posts
Jul 6, 2014 5:52pm
via Android

I wasn't able to handle this week challenge.
Running 4 min and walking 1 min
X 6 Repeats.
I was only able to run the full 4 min for one time.
Hate myself for that.

I don't know how I can continue with the challenge one Monday.
Running 5 min walking 1 min.

I really want to became a runner but I can only walk very short distances.

06 Jul
This takes time. Don't beat yourself up. Just keep pushing. You will get there. Stop watching clock and find something to distract you from the run. I count houses and cars. Make up silly head games to get you mind off the time. You can do this.
Image_thumb
9 Posts
Jul 6, 2014 9:21pm
via iOS
Don't hate yourself for that.  You probably made a change you aren't aware of and in the end, it affected your performance.  It happens to all of us until we become aware of it. 
Instead of moving on to your next challenge, it'd be better for your body and your motivation to repeat this week challenge:  4 min running x 6 
Keep it up and enjoy showing off and feeling good on your new workout clothing! 
Image_thumb
184 Posts
Jul 7, 2014 8:32am
via Android

Thank you guys for your help.

Todays run was much better.
But I always fell a little pain under my rips while I am running.
What can I do to stop this ?

08 Jul
Pay attentio to your breathing and try not to inhale or exhale on the same foot each time
Image_thumb
1 Post
Jul 7, 2014 8:53am
via Android

If you can find a circle flat place to run you can place your water bottle everywhere you want

Image_thumb
8 Posts
Jul 7, 2014 4:03pm
via Android

I'm in training for race for life to run 5k. When I started 10 weeks ago I really struggled to jog for minute intervals. Now I am running 20 minutes without stopping. Not fast for the whole 20 minutes but still keep moving. Pace and distance improves each time. Persevere and keep at it. If I can do it anyone can. Good Luck.

07 Jul
That is an awesome progress.
07 Jul
Thanks. Just goes to show what motivation, determination, hard work and stubbornness can do. Also running in memory of my grandad who I lost to Prostate Cancer 4 years ago so that pushes me too.
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Jul 7, 2014 5:46pm
via Android

Eating a banana a day helps with soreness and muscle cramps. Drink plenty of water even if you aren't exercising, and just eat as balanced a diet as you can.

Image_thumb
184 Posts
Jul 9, 2014 8:16am
via Android

Todays run  was awesome and rainy it was really wet after the 30min.

I was able to run 5 min and 15 sec.
The challenge was to run 5 min and to walk 1 min.

I am so motivated now.

09 Jul
That's great. Happy for you. Stay motivated.
Image_thumb
184 Posts
Jul 12, 2014 6:37am
via Android

Today I was abel to run 6 min two times with 1 min rest between.
But my ankle hurts badly during my run.
What can I do ?

Hope you doing great as well.
Stay motivated

Image_thumb
28 Posts
Jul 12, 2014 1:04pm
via Android

I'm doing it with runkeeper program !!

12 Jul
Awesome. Wishing you the best.
12 Jul
Thank you so much !!
Image_thumb
184 Posts
Jul 16, 2014 2:40pm
via Android

Todays run was awful.
I have no energy to workout or to run.
I am feeling so tired.

16 Jul
Make sure you're eating well and drinking plenty of water! Your body can only do so much on a weak diet. Keep pushing! Everyday you successfully get up and run is another step towards your goal!
17 Jul
There will be miserable runs. One of those facts of life things. Like Caleb said, make sure you are doing what you need to do outside of running as well.
Image_thumb
184 Posts
Jul 18, 2014 4:21pm
via Android

Today is my restday.
So I take the time to buy some running socks.
Tomorrow is will be 37ºC here.
Think I have to get up early so it won't be to hot for a run.

I hope I won't overslept.

How is everybody doing ?

Image_thumb
184 Posts
Jul 20, 2014 2:40pm
via Android

Today is is really warm outside.

The challenge was to run 11min and to walk 1 min x 2 Repeats.
After that 6 min to rum.
All together 30 min.

I was able to run for 11min.
I am seeing some progress.
But after 1 min walking I can run for 11min anymore.

21 Jul
maybe slow down your pace? It's natural for it to be harder in the heat
Image_thumb
184 Posts
Jul 28, 2014 3:31pm
via Android

Today was really terrible.
I don't have any energy to walk one minute or even to walk.
I am totally over.

Tomorrow I will walk in the afternoon because I have to go to walk have to wake up at 5 o'clock.

28 Jul
Be consistent. Go everyday at the same time if you can. Don't eat at least 2-3 hours before running to avoid cramps. I'm on my 3rd week of my 4 week challenge and I have forced myself to go on days when I did not feel like it or have the energy. I surprised myself by getting into the car, driving to the place where I enjoy running, getting myself, along with my 2 children out the car and just doing it. I may not have always ran as much as I set out to, but walking still counts... get...
1119764_1495575509_570251144_n_thumb
213 Posts
Jul 30, 2014 2:37am
via Android

Are you eating and sleeping right? If you don't give your body what it needs, it will start scavenging from your muscles.  You've been complaining about being tired for a few weeks. A trip to the doctor might be a plan to find out why.

Image_thumb
184 Posts
Aug 4, 2014 4:56pm
via Android

Today I was abel to run 20 min in a row.
This is so awesome.

Image_thumb
184 Posts
Aug 17, 2014 7:33am
via Android

Hello Guys,

today is the last day of the 8 Weeks Running Challenge.
I have to say that I really feel in love with this challenge although sometimes I was unmotivated.
This challenge was totally worth it.
I am able to run  30 min in a row.

Thank you for all you support and motivation.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51