Who would like to do a 5 day water fast

25 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
4 Posts
Sep 26, 2014 11:20pm
via Android

I'm looking for some people who would like to do a 5 day water fast with me... Water fasting can be a very great way to just start your weight lose.... I really want to do a longer fast but 5 is a really good if your interested I'll post more information on water fasting

27 Sep
Fasting is an exceptionally ancient, and powerful, approach to healing many common disease conditions. It allows the body to rest, detoxify, and to heal. During fasting the body moves into the same kind of detoxification cycle that it normally enters during sleep. It uses its energy during a fast, not for digesting food, but for cleansing the body of accumulated toxins and healing any parts of it that are ill. As a fast progresses the body consumes everything that it can that is not essential to bodily functioning. This includes bacteria, viruses, fibroid tumors, waste products in the blood, any...
27 Sep
Water fasters are advised to consume one to two quarts per day of the purest water available or to use distilled water. (While distilled water is not good for everyday consumption, it is good during a fast for its increased ability to bind to toxins.) The first few days of a fast are the most difficult. Besides the emotional challenge of going without food, these first days may have the most intense and uncomfortable symptoms of detoxification. After that, the body adjusts to the new fasting state, and most individuals feel little further discomfort, even hunger disappears. After 2-3 days,...
30 Sep
02 Oct
very informative..thanks
06 Oct
I'm in :)
Image_thumb
821 Posts
Sep 27, 2014 12:16am
via Android

I tell everyone to avoid those types of diets. If you are trying to flush your system of toxins rather for weight loss ok. But the weight you lose like this will be gained back almost instantly. There are no shortcuts for healthy living. But to each there own.

27 Sep
Actually that is not true.... At all... If you do intermittent fasting and then do refeeding with clean eating it works.... I should I list 80 pounds this way..... Now if you fast and then.continue to eat shytty then yes
30 Sep
30 Sep
clean eating
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Sep 27, 2014 1:53am
via Android

I'm in

27 Sep
I am starting Oct 1st
Image_thumb
274 Posts
Sep 27, 2014 3:09am
via Android

Five days of no water? Where did you hear of this?

27 Sep
It's 5 days of just water
27 Sep
You might want to read the health effects part of this website http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_fasting
29 Sep
starting This week
Image_thumb
231 Posts
Sep 27, 2014 5:42pm
via Android

I'm curious to see where this goes...

Image_thumb
821 Posts
Sep 27, 2014 5:50pm
via Android

http://www.m.webmd.com/diet/features/is_fasting_healthy

27 Sep
Your always gonna have negs n positives..... But its still and amazing benefit.... There are more positives of fasting then negitives
Funky_side_crow_thumb
289 Posts
Sep 27, 2014 11:41pm
via Android

Sorry but this is total BS.

Exactly what "toxins" does distilled water bind to? !!!

28 Sep
When you are fasting your body releases toxins and non distilled water minerals that will feed your body.... But do your research .... Lol
29 Sep
I don't see how fasting "releases toxins" and what on earth are these so-called "toxins"?; i.e. what substances? where are they released from? and why are they only released by fasting? There's a lot of pseudoscience on the net so 'doing your research' isn't enough. We need to appraise the information: to think about where we are getting our information from (i.e. what person/organisation? what qualifications do they hold? are they reliable? etc); is what they are saying biologically plausible?; is it clearly explained or are they hiding behind jargon (e.g. "toxins"). If you want to know more and inoculate...
29 Sep
During fasting, the body is able to clean out its system because it is not expending energy towards the digestive organs. The blood and lymph are detoxified. When fasting, the release of toxins from the colon, kidneys, bladder, lungs, sinuses, and skin clears out complications that have arisen from a bad diet and unhealthy lifestyle.
30 Sep
This simply isn't true. I really don't know what else to say.
Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Sep 29, 2014 6:40pm
via iOS
When I see stuff like this I go straight to reputable sites to check their opinion (I.e medical research)... Here's what WebMD has to say....

Fasts lasting a day or two are unlikely to be dangerous for most healthy adults. But high-risk people, the elderly, anyone with a chronic disease, pregnant women, and children are advised against any type of fasting.

The real danger lies in staying on the fast for prolonged periods, anywhere from three days to a month.

Dangers of Fasting for Weight Loss

When you dramatically reduce your calorie intake, you will lose weight. But it can also cause all kinds of health problems, including muscle loss. Further, when you start fasting, your body goes into conservation mode, burning calories more slowly. 

Keep in mind that the initial weight lost on a fast is primarily fluid or "water weight," not fat. And when you go back to eating, any lost weight usually gets a return ticket back. Not only do most people regain weight lost on a fast, they tend to add a few extra pounds because a slower metabolism makes it easier to gain weight. Worse, the weight that is regained is likely to be all fat -- lost muscle has to be added back at the gym.

Side effects of fasting include dizziness, headacheslow blood sugar, muscle aches, weakness, and fatigue.  Prolonged fasting can lead to anemia, a weakened immune system, liver and kidney problems, and irregular heartbeat. Fasting can also result in vitamin and mineral deficiencies, muscle breakdown, and diarrhea. When you drink laxative concoctions during a fast, there is an increased risk of fluid imbalance and dehydration.

The risks get more complicated and severe the longer you stay on a fast, or if you repeatedly go on fasts.

*** my opinion? If you wanna fast you shouldn't be on a workout APP coz your body is gonna be to ****ed to do any kinda training!! *** 

Icon_missing_thumb
8 Posts
Sep 29, 2014 10:19pm
via Android

This is extremely unhealthy, unsafe, and frankly insane. For all of the reasons that have already been listed, do not do this to your body. No shortcuts to healthy living.

29 Sep
Also, statistically, less than half the weight lost during a water fast is actual body fat. Mostly muscle loss, water loss, and evacuation of the colon.
29 Sep
That's not true!!!! At all you do not burn muscle lmaoo
30 Sep
Of course you'll burn muscle!! After 5 days of water fasting the body will get energy from anywhere it can just to survive because it will assume it's dying!! And when you eat again it'll store any little bit of fat it can get a hold of. I can't believe people consider this to be a healthy way of losing weight. Why don't you just go full anorexia and just eat paper and laxatives washed down with water?!?
Icon_missing_thumb
8 Posts
Sep 29, 2014 10:39pm
via Android

Do you know anything about science, nutrition, human anatomy or physiology? It kind of seems you are just refuting these scientific facts based on what you want to get out of not eating food for five days. You will lose weight by doing this fast at the cost of actually physically damaging your body and metabolism.

29 Sep
Yes... I know a lot about what I am talking about... There are many stages of which your body goes threw during fasting... Although I understand what you are saying and respect it , I do not intend on debating back an fourth....
Image_thumb
7 Posts
Sep 29, 2014 11:48pm
via Android

So are we just drinking water ONLY...no food for the 5 days? or drinking more water WITH meals?

30 Sep
Water just water.....
Image_thumb
231 Posts
Sep 30, 2014 12:12am
via Android

...um hehe, pardon me if I may, but, was this not a yes or no question?... :)

Image_thumb
12 Posts
Sep 30, 2014 4:15am
via Android

Interesting :-P

30 Sep
I don't see any reference to any sort of qualification... just a lot of 'i know what I'm talking about' and 'lol/lmao'... so this is probably something that has worked for you and you alone. Anyone seriously into training wouldn't go anywhere near this crap so take what you want from it people! There is NO such thing as a quick fix or we wouldn't have an obesity epidemic now would we....
30 Sep
Very well said Katie! Just eat healthy and in small portion and get skimble on and do lots of cardio, not in that order though
Image_thumb
57 Posts
Sep 30, 2014 11:32am
via Android

Sounds crazy....hope people don't go for such dangerous diets. It can have serious repercussions on health. A day of fasting can be understood but 5 days. Do you guys want to end up in a hospital bed? When you don't eat your body breaks down your muscles and take that energy to survive. At the end you will end up losing a lot of muscles and strength and would feel lethargic. People need to abolish such practices of weight loss which will have a negative impact on your health.

Image_thumb
23 Posts
Sep 30, 2014 11:57am
via Android

I wouldn't go to this extent in my opinion. Starving your body from vital nutrients and vitamins is never a good thing. I suggest you have a look at your diet as of this moment: then change it, reduce a lot of the inessential food and try that for 5 days. People always try to go for short/ quick fixes to a long term problem. Think of it this way: thst body you have is so any years in the making (your whole life) you can't expect to change it in a matter of days. Be patient, reduce sugar, fats and some carbs for the 5 days and see how you feel from that.

Image_thumb
12 Posts
Sep 30, 2014 1:04pm
via Android

Agreed *nodding my head*

Icon_missing_thumb
8 Posts
Sep 30, 2014 7:28pm
via Android

Let's go back to this whole toxin flush thing. Toxin is a vague word that doesn't really hold any bearing or meaning to on this or any case. Toxins could refer to the foods that you eat (I.e. wheat, soy, eggs, etc.) that cause joint aches, enzyme imbalances, water retention, weight gain, lack of motiv a tion, and even depression just to name a few. If you do not consume these things for several days and are only excreting the remnants of what is in your body, you may gain a false sense of what is actually making you feel better. Once you begin eating these things again old symptoms will return.

A much healthier way of ridding your body of these "toxins" would be to do an elimination diet (These are difficult and thus less popular) in conjuction with blood tests, stool samples, etc. To find out what is actually causing your body to ail and to permanently remove these "toxins" from your body. 

Don't tie rags around the leaky pipes, fix the damn pipes.

Image_thumb
30 Posts
Sep 30, 2014 7:46pm
via Android

Starvation more like...this isn't healthy at all, sorry just my opinion. Just curious though, how are you guys going to use this workout app to train without the energy?

01 Oct
Actually i have done a 40 day fast and yes i lost weight...for me it is a spiritual act for me...most fast i do are liquid fasts( juice and water) and daniel fast( veggies,fish,water,flat bread) removed fish when i found out i am allergic to fish...
01 Oct
I don't suggest anyone do it without seeing dr first
02 Oct
Not being patronizing, but good for you. All the best.
Image_thumb
7 Posts
Oct 6, 2014 4:41pm
via Android

Hey... just wanted to see how it was going. ... Did you end up doing the fast and what did you benefit from it.... if you did the fast too,feel free to comment......if you didn't do the challenge and just want to comment something nasty .. Do not comment under this post.

06 Oct
I'm great.... Ive lost 10 pounds and still going...
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Oct 6, 2014 5:36pm
via Android

So what does your muscles eat during this faste?  I may be cleanse ur body but you will lose muscles in the same proces,  and muscles eat your fat so I cant see how this can be healthy?  Fasting a Day or two is healthy  but not 5 days,  thats just destroying the body

Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Oct 6, 2014 5:49pm
via iOS
Some of us aren't being nasty, we are genuinely concerned about a 5 day fast that is damaging to the body unless it's approached correctly, properly researched and you're prepared to accept it going to seriously fatigue your body. And before you ask, I've tried fasting before I realized quick fixes do not work
06 Oct
Oh well Scotty. At least we tried!
623641_100003198597951_1973079296_n_thumb
12 Posts
Oct 7, 2014 7:21am
via Android

I'm in , water fast a week before my big fights and usually fully recovered and start peeking a day before the fight plus awesome for weight ins

623641_100003198597951_1973079296_n_thumb
12 Posts
Oct 7, 2014 7:22am
via Android

It burns fats and toxins as a fuel source and lowers heart rate so the body heals

Adobephotoshopexpress_2013_12_04_19_48_56_thumb
57 Posts
Oct 7, 2014 8:58pm
via Android

Workout, eat clean healthy foods, drink plenty of distilled or alkaline water.

Sweat is my detox.

Image_thumb
13 Posts
Oct 8, 2014 4:09am
via Android

Be very careful with these kind of extremes. 5 days is a very long time when you think about it.  I would see a doctor on your own personal health before starting.
You might want to look into more of a lifestyle change in eating wisely. If it's a detox your wanting then try the shakeology detox. It's for one to three days but your still getting your essential vitamins. I would do just a one day thing. It'll flush you out in one day. Three shakes to replace each meal of the day then green tea in between. A light salad for dinner with either baked chicken or white fish. You can try that but if you do that I wouldnt detox for another 6 to 8 months. Just do one day girl and see how you feel. The whole starving your body for 5 days and only drink water sounds scary. I don't think our bodies are made to do that. See your doctor first. If he says you are healthy enough to do that and you want to then by all means do it...but safety first. You wouldn't want to pass out while driving or something.
Good luck! Just watching out.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51