Hurt ankle

2 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Oct 23, 2014 11:17pm
via Android

How long do ankle injuries take to heal? Hurt it running today.

24 Oct
Could be 2 weeks could be 2 months. It depends on the severity of the injury. The key will be building up the stability, even after it quits hurting, to keep from having chronic sprains.
24 Oct
I've always had "loose" joints. I wonder if running with some type of ankle support brace would help prevent in the future. Oh well worth a try. I'm so bummed out.
24 Oct
Wearing a brace when you run can help but don't come to rely on it and wear it all the time, only if you are going to be active. If you wear it constantly your ankle muscles and ligaments will come to rely on it and won't strengthen themselves. Work on single leg balance on a pillow or couch cushion and work up to doing squats and lunges on an unstable surface. Find an elastic band and work the ankle in all directions(up, down and side to side) against the resistance.
Image_thumb
3 Posts
May 16, 2015 6:05pm
via Android

I started running again a few weeks ago. I changed the way my foot strikes the ground as I realized I was running a little too flat footed. A little at a time, I'm back up to a couple a miles and my ankle is feeling great. I also only run 2-3 times per week instead  of every other day.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51