Monkey Challenge

9 posts | Original | Recent

Nov 8, 2014 3:40am
via Android

It's about the upper body, we spend most of the time unconsciously exercising our legs (what do I mean? Walking! Going to the kitchen to grab some food, going to the loo, going to work - i.e. unless you drive - going shopping, having a relaxing walk etc.) Arms and the upper body in general are kinda neglected.

My challenge for this week is to engage arms on a daily basis. I have x-rings at home, so I'm going to do more with them. Another thing is handstands, wall planks, walking on all four...
In other words: I'm gonna be a monkey/Tarzan this week!

To feel my weak upper body finally "becoming energized" and pumped!

Starting today, ending Nov 15th. 5 days. Join me if you're crazy enough

08 Nov
Sounds good but I don't really know how to incorporate it into daily lifestyle, especially seeing as I don't have any equipment haha
08 Nov
Hi Chloe, yeah, I'm really happy to have x-rings, but apart from them I'm gonna do more wall planks, handstands, bear walks, frog stands... there's also an exercise where you stand on your feet, bend your torso forward and "go" with your hands only to reach the plank position and then back, I can't remember it's name. I'll try to improvise as well... We don't really need any equipment to walk, let's treat our arms the same way! Of course not many of us can walk on their hands (I definitely cannot) but it's like we're toddlers when it comes...
Image_thumb
327 Posts
Nov 8, 2014 7:40am
via Android

Hi Id love to join ur group,ive been unwell but trying so hard to exercise and b healthy,not sure what x rings are.I used to do alot of dancing but got startcof prob with my knees but keep going,used to do karate as well.I completed a boot camp with herba life but again it caused knee probs

08 Nov
Hi Carole, I'm not a doc nor a PT, just an amateur, but having knees problem I'd probably give them a break or do some mobility exercises, nothing to strenuous, and concentrate instead on the upper body plus a swimming type of cardio. I'm happy you're joining us here, the more the merrier! :-)
08 Nov
X-rings: I just mean gymnastic rings on which one hangs, does pull ups etc.
Image_thumb
211 Posts
Nov 8, 2014 8:21am
via Android

Heyy! I would love to do the challenge. But i can't do handstands, wall planks! And I don't have any equipments. Anything which I can do?

08 Nov
How about bear walk: just walk on all four, knees bent but not touching the floor. I start feeling my shoulders muscles pretty quickly with this one. There's a gymnastic exercise as well, where you start sitting on a bench or a chair, put your hands next to your hips and just lift yourself up on your hands (lifting feet off the ground and the bottom off the chair). Depending on how you position the bottom, you work different parts of the back. First keep the position stable for as long as you can, then you might want to swing...
Nov 8, 2014 1:10pm
via Android

I just posted some pics on my profile, you might want to include some or all of those exercises in your challenge.

And please share your experience, how did you do etc.

Ok, let's begin our challenge!

08 Nov
Your profile is private
08 Nov
It's public now. I didn't realize it was set as private, thanks Victoria!
Nov 8, 2014 3:59pm
via Android

Day 1 done.

20 minutes workout: a circuit of inchworms, bear walking, high and low wall planks, sit lifts, rings hangs, rings assisted pullups and chinups, rings inverted rows and rings towel hangs.

Happy!

Adobephotoshopexpress_2013_12_04_19_48_56_thumb
57 Posts
Nov 8, 2014 5:56pm
via Android

I'm down!

08 Nov
Nov 9, 2014 5:46pm
via Android

Day 2 done.

Image_thumb
1 Post
Nov 12, 2014 4:28am
via Android

Nov 13, 2014 7:55am

11 Nov - day 3 (backlog): Bear crawl, crab walk, plank variations, break dance floor sweepers, slow frog jumps. No rings available.

16 Nov
Day 4 done.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51