Gallon Challenge

23 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
9 Posts
Dec 9, 2014 6:53pm
via Android

Ok so two days ago I started myself on the gallon challenge, drink a gallon of water a day everyday for 4 weeks. Who else is in?

09 Dec
I am a start two from today
17 Dec
Count me in, I will start in the morning.
13 Feb
Im not sure if that is safe. If you electrolyte balance gets thrown off it can cause serious issues including death. Your body knows how much water it needs. Drink when your thirsty and stop when your satisfied. Works the same as with food. You dont challenge yourself to eat a bunch of food a day. You eat when your hungry and stop when your not. Water works the same way.
Image_thumb
365 Posts
Dec 10, 2014 7:45am
via Android

Shouldn't be a challenge you should always drink lots of water

17 Dec
It is though. I drink a lot of water most days then after a while I struggle to drink 64 oz.
Dec 10, 2014 9:48am

Hi Taylor, that's a great idea. I drink too much caffeinated stuff, and not much pure water. I'm in for the challenge but I'd start slowly: 1.5 L a day to ease myself into it. Is that ok?

Dec 11, 2014 5:50am

All right, day 1 began. Plus extra 0.5 L oolong or green tea a day.

Dec 11, 2014 4:01pm
Phew..., done! Both with water and tea.
Icon_missing_thumb
9 Posts
Dec 11, 2014 4:31pm
via Android

It is hard to do. I am not a huge water drinker. But it is going good and I feel better

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Dec 11, 2014 4:31pm
via Android

I'm in

Image_thumb
520 Posts
Dec 11, 2014 4:55pm
via Android

I drink seven litters on a good day lol 4 or 5 are a norm

Image_thumb
56 Posts
Dec 11, 2014 5:00pm
via Android

I'm in.....how many glasses is that?

11 Dec
16 (8) ounce cups
Pnix_thumb
33 Posts
Dec 11, 2014 5:07pm

I want in on this. Maybe if I have others to work with I can get going on the right path. I know it will be hard because I HATE water unless it is part of a drink that actually has flavor. Like Adam, I drink coffee and on the occasion oolong tea. I will be starting slow and working my way up but I should be at a gallon in a few days. Are we doing this until January or midway through it?

Icon_missing_thumb
9 Posts
Dec 11, 2014 5:12pm
via Android

1 gallon is 4 quarts or 16 cups or 128 oz or 3.785 liters. All are US messurments.

We are doing it for 4 weeks from the day you start, so 28 days.

11 Dec
Ok cool. I will go get some now to see how much I can throw back before the end of the day but I am officially starting tomorrow.
17 Dec
3.785 liters a day?okay im in!
Icon_missing_thumb
9 Posts
Dec 11, 2014 5:19pm
via Android

I will restart my days today that way we are all in it together

11 Dec
Sounds good
11 Dec
By the way this will be a great challenge Taylor. Thanks.
11 Dec
I know that I needed to work on it that is why I did it
Image_thumb
56 Posts
Dec 11, 2014 5:25pm
Ya I can do that. Will keep me on track. Thanks
Dec 12, 2014 5:59pm
All right, the second day done, just discovered that drinking boiled warm water is easier than drinking it cold, surprise surprise, it looks like winter is coming lol!
12 Dec
I like my water room temp in order to drink. This has been rough but I am trying. Not even halfway yet.
Image_thumb
56 Posts
Dec 12, 2014 11:49pm
I managed about 14 glasses of water yesterday and my green tea. I can't do cold water though....slides down nice lol
Icon_missing_thumb
9 Posts
Dec 12, 2014 11:53pm
via Android

It is hard to do when are gone most the day

Dec 13, 2014 9:36am

Hi friends,

For the next three weeks I'm gonna be away and probably won't be able to check in that often but I'm gonna continue with the challenge and post updates whenever possible.

Enjoy the challenge, stay determined and take care! :-) See you later! 

13 Dec
You too Adam. See ya when you get back bro.
Pnix_thumb
33 Posts
Dec 15, 2014 6:43pm

Struggling but I am still sticking with the challenge. Hope everyone is doing better than me. Who knew that it would be this difficult?? Geesh..

Image_thumb
7 Posts
Dec 15, 2014 7:33pm
via Android

By drinking water over pop ur missing out on 60,000 calories in sugar a year so keep it up, it also helps with healthier skin....I've been only drinkin water n juices for 3 years now and I definitely notice a difference from when alls I drank was pop

Icon_missing_thumb
14 Posts
Dec 16, 2014 4:41am
via Android

The Water Diet
It's one of the latest dieting trends, with many variations that all have one thing in common: they’re extreme. You don't eat and only drink water. Some water diets tell you to drink water for a few days, but let you add in fruits and vegetables once you've begun to lose weight. Other water diets allow you to have apples with your water.

"It's just another name for fasting," says registered dietitian and co-founder of Appetite for Health, Julie Upton, R.D., C.S.S.D.

If you're a healthy person, a few days of fasting probably won't hurt you, according to Upton, but it's a bad way to lose weight. "You'll be so hungry add just revert back to your normal eating patterns after trying this and you'll gain any weight that you lost," she says.
What are the risks of a water diet?

When your main (or only) intake is water, your body loses crucial nutrients it needs. The short-term result is that you will lose a lot of weight, most of which will be water not fat, says Upton. "You lose more muscle compared to people losing weight from a recommended calorie reduction of 500-800 calories per day from their normal intake. What this means is that [once off the water diet] you'll have to eat much less [to maintain weight loss] because your metabolic rate will have dropped significantly." 

And if you don’t get enough water while fasting, you risk side effects like dehydration, which can result in dizziness, fainting, constipation and headache, just to name a few.
The bottom line

We should all be drinking plenty of water every day, but not in lieu of eating! The Mayo Clinicsuggests drinking nine beverages a day—if you want to make them cold to try to shed a few extra calories, go right ahead. But if you want to lose weight and keep it off, a water diet is not the way to go. "Skip this fad and lose weight and tone up the way that works: Cut out lazy calories (added sugars, saturated fats) and exercise," says Upton. "You'll feel a lot better and it's more likely to last."

--Dope

17 Dec
Thanks for the info. I don't know about everyone else but, I am not planning to stop eating. I am just going to increase my water intake, continue to burn off 1000 calories a day at the gym and be aware of my food intake.
Image_thumb
56 Posts
Dec 17, 2014 2:45am
via Android

Just a reminder that you need two glasses of water for every tea and coffee you have.....very dehydrating :)

10731126_10205084558424701_6591563094998224393_n_thumb
2 Posts
Dec 17, 2014 2:49am
via Android

Count me in ... day 1 starts tomorrow for me!

Image_thumb
55 Posts
Dec 17, 2014 1:19pm
via Android

Over 4.5 litres of water a day!?!?!  Do you live in a desert?

You must need to pee about 20 times a day?

17 Dec
Just realised, it is probably a US gallon isn't it? Slightly smaller than a UK gallon. Makes more sense now! ;-)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51