Sugar fast!

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
382 Posts
Jan 14, 2015 8:56am
via Android

The Christian fasting period starts in about a month, on Tuesday 17th of February. I'm not Christian, but I often do some kind of fast anyway, like no TV or no sugar. I thought of having no social media fast this year but HELL NO, I'm doing sugar again.

The fast ends when Easter starts, on Thursday or Friday is your own choice (I don't really know when it ends according to church calendar). It's about 40 days long. During the fast I eat no sugar whatsoever, no sweeteners, nothing with added sugar etc.

Who is up for a challenge and with me this year? :)

Image_thumb
214 Posts
Jan 14, 2015 9:46am
via Android

Good luck, Anna :) At home the other women in my family have done this for several years with meat and animal products (like full vegetarians for a few weeks) even before Christmas, not only before Easter. In the ortodox religion there are special days on which people are allowed to eat some fish, twice or more in the whole fasting period, maybe you should allow yourself breaks as well :) This is a good method to let your body get cleaner anyway, it's harder than it could seem even if you're willing to have an only sugar fast. Good luck and let us know how it's going and how you're feeling :)

14 Jan
I think Sundays are non-fasting days in the evangelic-lutheran church or whatever it's called in English, but I think it would just be harder for me to stay away from sugar for the rest of the week. I'm kind of a all or nothing person. :) I've done it a couple of times before and the first and the last week are the hardest. One time, in my teens, I just continued and didn't eat any candy for years. Hasn't happened since though. :)
14 Jan
I see, well then go with whatever works better for you, you're going to do great anyway :) It's a way to work on discipline as well and it seems you're quite determined! You're already on the right way towards success!!
Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Jan 14, 2015 3:10pm
via iOS
I'm doing no alcohol this month as part of the dryathlon. I'm running out of stuff to exclude! Lol.
Just wanted to say good luck with this challenge 
Image_thumb
56 Posts
Jan 18, 2015 3:13pm
via iOS
Hi Anna, it's good to do kind of fast from time to time.  I will not touch sugar.  I need to have a sugar fast as I'm feeling a bit tired lately.  It's always sugar related.  All the best with yours

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51