Low Carbs, No Sweets, No Bread....for 1 Month!

5 posts | Original | Recent

Img_0274_thumb
1 Post
Mar 21, 2015 12:27pm
via Android

This will be a tough one of you dare. Who's with me! I've started this in the past and lost 12 lbs within only the first month. It's not really a diet but a way of life. The goal is to ween out all the bad foods that we normally would eat replace it with good foods on a regular basis. At first there is a ton of protein, then over the next few months you gradually change the way you would normally eat. Just hard workouts alone will not get you where you want to be. A guy once told me that THE BODY YOU WANT IS CREATED IN THE KITCHEN. Of course you have to work out to get that lean and toned body you're looking for. So who is with me to get that leaned and toned body your were always looking for? I'm starting Monday March 23rd. No Carbs, Sweets, Bread for 30 days. At the end of the first month I will record my weight progress. I will be posting my meals, breakfast, lunch, and dinner everyday so check-in if you like. I'm at 195lbs right now and looking to reach between 170 & 175. Of you have any questions let me know.

21 Mar
I will join you.-already started but at times I feel to give up
21 Mar
Great how long have you been at it?
22 Mar
I have a question: So you're basically going on a paleo-"inspired" diet, correct? Thats just what it's coming off to me as.
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Mar 21, 2015 6:27pm
via iOS
I started on the 1st of March 2015. I have craving for sugar but I always find something to do to avoid. Is been tough days but I have succeeded. I did the same in 2013 and got great results for a whole year. 2014 I messed up and back to zero
21 Mar
Okay great keep me posted as i will do the same.
Image_thumb
512 Posts
Mar 21, 2015 7:12pm
via Android

I think no carbs at all isn't very good for you. You should at least eat bread and vegetables with a low sugar content. Also eating much protein is pointless because you won't gain any muscles without the carbs to keep them going.

Image_thumb
520 Posts
Mar 21, 2015 7:42pm
via Android

No carbs? I'll say consult a physician before trying that out.

22 Mar
I'm sure he didn't mean absolutely no carbs, since that would cut out all fruits, all grains, all vegetables, and any nuts or seeds that contain fibre. I'm sure he meant "no processed carbs", or "no added sugar", or something along those lines... Not sure an all meat diet would really do the body any favours.
22 Mar
Totally agree Jeff.
22 Mar
Yup he edited the topic. Carbs are love but I get what he's trying to say and my carbs only come from sweet potatoes oats and fruits mostly so that's all good. For sugar I have natural honey and dark chocolate plus fruits again but my goals are different so no worries there.
22 Mar
Of course he had to edit it. Lol.
22 Mar
Heyy nikki how is your journey going?
Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Mar 21, 2015 10:00pm
via iOS
What percentage is protein? I understand the no processed foods, bread etc, but is it really a zero carb diet?
21 Mar
Okay sorry maybe I should have made it a little more clearer. When I say no carbs I mean try to limit the bad cards from the good carbs. Bad carbs as in, no cookies, white rice, pasta, pastries, artificial syrups, sugar, potatoes. So no its not actually a zero carb diet but just not the bad cards that we normally taken on a regular basis and if taken in too much it could be harmful to our health. I eat plenty of vegetables which is a huge part and full of healthy carbs and have a much lower sugar...
21 Mar
Phew!!! Well good luck with it
21 Mar
Yea its challenging at times but once I get past that hump of craving ice creams and other junk food, it actually gets pretty easy. I eat breakfast, then a small snack such as nuts or grapefruit (huge fat burner) or lean protein shake, lunch, another snack, dinner, then at night during after hours if I get hungry, hard boiled egg white which are high in protein. I usually stop after dinner though.
21 Mar
Since when are potatoes and rice bad carbs? That's pretty much pure starch.
21 Mar
Yes but starches are a type of carbohydrate in which the amounts in rice and potatoes are high. White rice lacks nutrients and fiber which the body needs. Too much starch leads to weight which we are trying to avoid. Also your body needs fiber.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51