Team for walking and running

14 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
382 Posts
Mar 27, 2015 10:40am

Would anyone be interested in joining a team for walking and running? The weekly challenges could be walking or running a certain amount of kilometres, walking or running a certain amount of times, et cetera. So far teams are only accessible through the website, not the app.

The challenges would start with baby steps like walking 5 km or three times in a week and so on. Maybe some challenges could be just for walking and others just for running. I REALLY need to get out of the house more before I turn into a vampire or something, but I don't have the motivation. I like walking and I love running but I just can't get off my butt and open the front door. Having a team could motivate me!

Let me know if you're interested!

27 Mar
Note: outdoor walking and running.
27 Mar
I'm getting a tred soon then I'm gonna start doing 5k on it but I don't go jogging in my Neighboorhood id have all the dudes creepy eyes on me lolol Nah I don't want that I've done before had a cop harassing me last time had to tell his Sargent he was following and watching me was creepy And hubby almost went off on da cop one time ! But I'd love to walk/run with ya from afar Anna are u in the US... I was born n raised in Chicago but last year moved to Toledo Ohio
27 Mar
I'm gonna watch this thread and post here when I get my tred!!
27 Mar
Once it warms up enough to spend half hour outside lol I'm totally in! Mother Nature needs to take her bi-polar meds cause she can't make up her mind if it's spring or not. Lol
27 Mar
I would participate. I need to go outdoors more to. But as Christa says when the weather warms up. It's going down to minus 5 here today arrgh
Image_thumb
252 Posts
Mar 27, 2015 11:34am
via iOS
Wow that's so cool Anna ! I love this app how cool is that I can talk to someone so far away! 
Yes and my weather has bi polar too I've had every season in one week! 
27 Mar
I'm in!
29 Mar
I know, Jessica!
Image_thumb
382 Posts
Mar 29, 2015 8:17am
via Android

I created a team now and sent invitations to you ladies.

If anyone else wants to join, let me know. Teams are accessed through the Skimble website both on computer and handheld devices. You can do a request to join the team there or just ask here and I'll send you an invite.

Our first challenge will be going for a walk twice in the coming week. The challenge registers the team members' workouts automatically and only certain workouts are accepted for the challenge. You can find more info on the team board.

Come join!

29 Mar
Where's the team board? How I know where's my invite too? ( hoping I received one)
29 Mar
You need to use the website for teams, it's not available in the app. Go to the website, look for the Teams page and there you should find it. I thought you'd receive an invite to your email but apparently not. I hope they make teams available in the app soon since it's a fun way to motivate each other.
29 Mar
Hi! I would love to join you ladies! I really need the motivation :)
29 Mar
Hi anna you can send me an invite also. Just came back indoors from playing some outdoor soccer. It was so much fun while burning calories.
Spring_thumb
24 Posts
Mar 30, 2015 1:08am
via Android

I love walking and running but I do it on a treadmill in my home gym. I can't stand gnats, flies, jerks,and bees. Lol I'm from the south and it gets heatstroke hot here. I don't know if you have to be pro to join but I'm interested

Loghain_de_pacquet_thumb
61 Posts
Mar 30, 2015 2:36am

Mind if some of us guys join in too Anna? ;)

Image_thumb
382 Posts
Mar 30, 2015 7:35am
via Android

Kimberly, Samantha and Karen, I've sent invites to you, and Brian, your request is accepted! All genders are welcome, of course.

Please comment on the team board to let me know what walking workouts you use so I can add them to the challenge! The first challenge is an easy one: go for two walks this week.

I honestly didn't think of the fact that people live where it's too hot, too cold or too many creeps to go outside. Treadmills are okay, but I'd like you to consider going for an outdoor walk now and then if it's possible. For myself, the challenge is not only to walk but also to get fresh air.

May_day_thumb
20 Posts
Mar 30, 2015 9:18am

I've put a request in Anna :)

Image_thumb
215 Posts
Mar 30, 2015 3:15pm

I do a lot of running Anna and just am preparing for a 10km race event and a half marathon. If you accept, I would like to join

30 Mar
Of course, Heiko! Taking a walk twice in a week won't be too much of a challenge for you then. :)
30 Mar
lol no Anna:) How does it work? If I do a running workout, is it saved automatically to the team too?
30 Mar
Ah I think I got it. If we do one of the added workouts, it will be saved here.
Image_thumb
1 Post
Mar 30, 2015 3:17pm
via Android

Today is the first day it's been above freezing! So hopefully the "warm weather" continues!

Image_thumb
269 Posts
Mar 31, 2015 6:14pm
via iOS
Had a great walk today, 2 miles in 30 min. But unfortunately it didn't count toward our challenge  Guess I'll have to go thru the site next time so it does. Ah well it is only Tuesday after all, supposed to be nice all week!
31 Mar
A part of me says I'm done, 51:30 min today so it's rest time. The rest of me is saying hey, what's 10 more min! Hate when self argues with self lol
31 Mar
lol which self is winning?
31 Mar
The part that said I was done;) she took lol miss for a walk and a swing lol
Image_thumb
41 Posts
Apr 1, 2015 2:48am
via Android

Walked outdoors yesterday and today 2 miles. Weather is getting better praying for  double  digits

Image_thumb
382 Posts
Apr 1, 2015 3:49pm
via Android

Hey guys, I'm sorry I haven't added any more workouts to the challenge yet! I've been working so much for the past few days and I apparently don't get any email notifications from Skimble anymore.

I promise I'll go on the computer first thing tomorrow morning and fix it! Now it's 7 pm and I've forgotten to eat today because of work. So freaking tired. Completely thrown off my workout schedule too, gaah.

01 Apr
It's ok Anna. I did a hard interval run today, 40min until I nearly puked lol
Image_thumb
215 Posts
Apr 3, 2015 9:08pm

Did 30min running today, workout is called Fun Run 30

Image_thumb
382 Posts
Apr 4, 2015 6:35am
via Android

Ugh I suck at this team thing, lol. I'm thinking for next week's challenge I'm gonna choose a few different workouts and those will be the only one's that count. Meaning if you want to participate in the particular challenge you need to do just those workouts. This got a bit complicated, me thinks!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51