30 Days Of PUSH-UPS (The Challenge)

398 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
214 Posts
May 29, 2015 8:56am
via Android

Hello, Skimblers! What about a Push-up Challenge? The idea is to do push-ups daily increasing reps every WEEK, that's right every week and not every day.

Starting June 1st
Or whenever you feel like doing it :)

WEEK 1 ~ 10 PUSH-UPS
WEEK 2 ~ 15 PUSH-UPS
WEEK 3 ~ 20 PUSH-UPS
WEEK 4 ~ 25 PUSH-UPS
Last two days we'll do as many push-ups as we can afford IN A ROW twice, for example once in the morning and then again in the afternoon.

NO REST DAYS are allowed! Every day is a Push-up day!

Here's the workout I created, only 5 sec long, just to keep track of the challenge:

30 Days Of PUSH-UPS (The Challenge)

This challenge is supposed to be an easy one: you can split the push-ups through the day, through your other workouts, you can do some or all of them kneeling. The most important thing is YOU DO THEM EVERY DAY!

Big guys may laugh at me because some are making fit a whole month of challenge in just a few days in the gym, but hey!!!!!
Everyone has started somewhere :)

29 May
I'm in
29 May
Yay! ^^ I'm glad I won't be alone in this :)
29 May
#CampLife
29 May
Im in....I'm a challenge junkie. I'm wrapping up burpees, going to thrusts adding pushups and back to 300 squats and ill be ready for bed by 2am since all my day will be spent being challenged. Lol
29 May
Hahah ^^ You never get bored do you? :)
Image_thumb
334 Posts
May 29, 2015 9:15am

I'm in but will start with kneeling until strong enough if that's ok Miha! Not going to lie...lol

29 May
That's perfectly OK Hadi!! Indeed I thought of it as of a beginners-friendly one :) I'm so happy you're joining in too *-* ♡
29 May
Did you even doubt it? ^^ That's one challenge that I'm already battling with and intend to smash by the end of the month! :)
29 May
Yes, I did doubt it actually :) Only because I know you're already doing 50 kneeling push-ups regularly. But you'll see soon some full ones will come
29 May
I'' be doing a push up dance when that happens...hahahahaha
29 May
I'm with you Hadi. On knees!
Image_thumb
7 Posts
May 29, 2015 9:44am
via Android

I'm in. (:

29 May
That's awesome!! ^^
Image_thumb
12 Posts
May 29, 2015 10:33am
via Android

I'm in:)!

29 May
Welcome Lisa Lu!! ^^
Image_thumb
214 Posts
May 29, 2015 11:19am
via Android

I'm in as well ^_^

29 May
Yeeaaahh!! Please don't put us to shame, Amber! You usually do 100 per day, don't you!?
29 May
Oh gosh no! That was a challenge I was doing with Erin. Need to work on form definitely. I don't have enough upper body strength to hold for long.
29 May
Ok, let's do this together :D
29 May
Yay^_^
Image_thumb
1 Post
May 29, 2015 12:32pm
via Android

Im in.

29 May
Excellent!! ^^
Image_thumb
35 Posts
May 29, 2015 3:10pm
via iOS
I'm in also
29 May
Nice! ^^ If you find it too easy you can always spice things up the way you like it :) I'm going to write a post about that :)
29 May
I'll set it faster . Explosive
29 May
Perfect! Ok then, I see you won't need any advice, you know your stuff :)
Image_thumb
459 Posts
May 29, 2015 3:25pm
via Android

I'm in?!

29 May
Let us know after seeing the doc, DJ! This would be super easy for you but make sure it won't aggravate your conditions
29 May
*grumbles* yeeeees. >_>
30 May
What Miha said!!!
16 Jun
I'm new to this, I love it so far! Count me in!
Image_thumb
99 Posts
May 29, 2015 4:02pm
via Android

Im in. Hoping my arms have healed by then

29 May
I myself am afraid of how my arm will react to this (had an issues for months now) but can't wait to start it because push-ups are awesome and we are too :)
29 May
I love doing pushups and hopefully doing this challenge will help me increase my number of pushups
Image_thumb
342 Posts
May 29, 2015 4:33pm
via Android

I am in

29 May
Great!! ^^
Image_thumb
821 Posts
May 29, 2015 7:41pm
via Android

Sure why not

29 May
Oh, Jovonnn... This is the beginner level!! Hahah ^^ But you'd be welcome anyway :) I wonder what you'll have to come up with so you can actually feel the challenge and have fun
29 May
This is the #CampLife sis, there's nothing any of us are too good for. #beastmodecamp
29 May
Thanks miha! And what dj said, plus not everything has to be so intense. I'll try to have some fun with it though:-)
29 May
Jovon you can stick with your front lever iso hold since you're so advanced haha
29 May
I better at least see an attempt touma
Image_thumb
269 Posts
May 29, 2015 9:41pm
via iOS
I commented it but I'll reply it too, I'm in!
30 May
Yay! Christa too!! Happiness ^^
Image_thumb
202 Posts
May 30, 2015 7:29am
via Android

Yeah, why not. I'll jump in too.

30 May
Woo hoo!! ^^
Image_thumb
214 Posts
May 30, 2015 8:27am
via Android

Hey guys, I wasn't expecting so many of you to join in and I'm so happy about it!!

Welcome everyone!!!!!

As I have already said the thing we're aiming at is doing push-ups everyday for the month of June. No rest days, but yes to all kinds of variations!

If you're a beginner you may want to do them kneeling or switch to kneeling when you need it.

If you're a more advanced participant, in order to not get bored, you are free to do whatever you want.

Well, I'm sure most of you already know plenty of different ways to perform a push-up, but I guess a good host should make a post like this.

Push-ups are great on arms, chest and core.

To intensify the work on arms there are the tricep or Chaturanga push-ups.
Wider grip to hit chest more.
Clap push-ups.
You could also lift a leg or get both your feet elevated.
Spiderman push-ups are an option too! (Raise one knee toward the elbow of the same side as you rise.)

And many more...

There's really a lot we could do, but even if you're already quite good at push-ups don't feel bound to do something different.
You could also just try to do them faster or slowly, really whatever you feel like doing :)

I decided to leave the last two days number - free on purpose. I'm expecting most of us to be able to increase their number of push-ups in a row at the end of this challenge ^^

Can't wait to get started!!

30 May
Good job Athena. Lead on...
30 May
I'm a little nervous, hopefully nobody will notice :)
30 May
You got this sis.
30 May
I'm in
31 May
I am in..... I believe that body weight exercises are the best to grow..... All the best to u... Am sure that u will do as many as 50 100 push ups at a go....
Image_thumb
171 Posts
May 30, 2015 9:40am
via Android

I'm in too :) Goal will be 20 normal pushups with good form. I can do 20 now, but they're not great. Are angled pushups okay too? Like using a bed/stairs etc.?

30 May
Fantastic Silje!! So glad to have you here! Yes, of course they're Ok, but keep in mind we don't hit high numbers of reps so I think if you want to improve your push ups (which you're already able to perform) you'd better try doing them regular as often as you can, maybe having rests when you feel like not controlling your form anymore. Anyway it's up to you!
30 May
Yes, that's true! I'll experiment a bit with it when I start. I just feel like bad form could hurt my back :/
30 May
I know exactly what you mean! Find out what works best for you, staying safe is a priority :)
Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
May 30, 2015 2:45pm
via iOS
I'm in!
30 May
Image_thumb
7 Posts
May 30, 2015 3:10pm
via Android

Im in. Even im a certified beginner and first time to work out after having my 9month old third baby thru cs. I think im feeling better now. I'll just be cautious with my limits. My goal is to have the habit...im kinda motivated.

30 May
That's great! Only one more thing: make sure you don't do push-ups to exhaustion. Do in a row a number of push-ups you're comfortable with, don't push too hard :) We'll get better eventually :)
Image_thumb
1 Post
May 30, 2015 6:22pm
via Android

I am in!!! Perfect challenge. Thanks for this ....

30 May
Thank YOU, Tana! ^^
Image_thumb
1 Post
May 30, 2015 7:10pm
via iOS
I'll try my best!!!
30 May
You can do this!! :))) Be proud for starting it and be even more proud when it'll be all over!
Image_thumb
14 Posts
May 30, 2015 7:48pm
via Android

I'm in. Great way to get out of my normal routine! Btw, do 5-way push-ups count as 1 or 5?

30 May
Haha! I'd say they count as 5! They're just combined into a sequence but you push yourself up 5 times, right? :P
30 May
Lol, gonna try count it as 1 and see how long that lasts!
30 May
Just make sure you don't stress your muscles too much every day.
Image_thumb
4 Posts
May 31, 2015 3:29am
via iOS
I'm in
31 May
Welcome to the push-up party! One more day!!
Image_thumb
4 Posts
May 31, 2015 7:23am
via Android

Im in

31 May
Image_thumb
214 Posts
May 31, 2015 9:28am
via Android

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm glad to announce there's only one day left before we get started! Maybe there's someone among us who'll start a bit earlier than me or other participants due to different time zones but that's perfectly Ok.

Just let me say one more time, especially to the newbies: don't overtrain.

We're supposed to do push-ups everyday, kneeling or full ones - it doesn't matter. And you may want to still do your other workouts as well. But if your muscles get exhausted it does matter. You shouldn't let it happen! Everyone has his/her own limits, learn to listen to your body.

Think of this challenge as of a marathon rather than a race.

Do a number of push-ups you're comfortable with, not the number that makes you beg for mercy! And if you haven't completed the daily challenge with that just complete it later that day. Or do the rest of the push-ups on your knees. Simple right?

Overdoing it every day is a bad idea. It won't make you see results faster.

The strategy that includes hitting the max reps you're capable of is another one and it includes rest days as well because muscles need to recover from that effort.

We'll be hitting harder the last two days, until then...

Please, be wise and be safe.

31 May
Well said Miha. You're a natural at this.
Image_thumb
65 Posts
May 31, 2015 12:51pm
via Android

I'm in! I've been working on my pushups lately!

31 May
Awesome! :D
01 Jun
Woooohoooo!!
May 31, 2015 3:49pm
via Android

challenge acepted

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51