Activity trackers

6 posts | Original | Recent

14_-_1_thumb
5 Posts
Oct 4, 2015 2:22pm
via Android

What do you use? And why do you like yours more than the others?

04 Oct
Polar M400. I have no complaints. The watch isn't just a GPS running tool but a reminder of how hardcore I must be during the day. The meter isn't just based on steps but on how hard I've worked out. The plus side on the app is that it allows me to schedule my training and it reminds me when it's my time to workout. Yes I know the competitive edge is lacking but that's why I prefer this app because steps counted by any Tracker on your wrist isn't that accurate to begin with. Now when we are talking...
Image_thumb
136 Posts
Oct 4, 2015 10:48pm
via Android

I bought into the atlas wearable over a year ago on indiegogo...
The prototype is well under way and I can't wait to get mine. Hopefully by December. (It was supposed to be finished in March so its almost a year behind schedule)
Yours sounds awesome!
I've refrained from buying anything else until I get my fitness tracker. I just hope it actually does what it's supposed to. If not, maybe I'll get what you have.

14_-_1_thumb
5 Posts
Oct 4, 2015 11:03pm
via Android

Just finished watching the promo on YouTube. It looks amazing kinda reminds me of the moov https://youtu.be/3Ef95nAHFAs Apparently it's features do the same and it's waterproof. The price for it seems unreal but I hope you get your money's worth.

04 Oct
I bought in for way cheaper than what it'll be when it comes out luckily!
04 Oct
Hmm. It's very similar and way cheaper! Neat! Thanks for sharing!!
Image_thumb
4 Posts
Oct 7, 2015 10:50pm
via Android

I have been using fitbits for a while but do NOT recommend their products. First, no api for pulling data on demand so apps like this can't interact. Second fitbit executives are scumbags who paid lobbyists to fight congress trying to pass privacy laws regarding fitness trackers. Basically, fitbit torpedoed a law that would have prevented companies like fitbit from selling your private information to insurance companies who would use it to increase your premiums if you are out of shape. I can't condone that type if behavior by a company and that's why I can't recommend fitbit.

Build quality of fitbits are also poor at best. Most come with totally dead batteries which causes damage to the battery cells and leads to having to replace your fitbit more often. Obviously fitbit loves this as they sell more fitbits.

Polar has the best privacy policy of all the trackers I have seen, with them saying out front "we will not sell any of your data". I have never used one before however, so I can't comment on their quality.

Avoid fitbit.

Image_thumb
136 Posts
Nov 27, 2015 7:18pm
via Android

If anyone is interested, atlas is having a black Friday deal. $199 instead of $249.
They started shipping 1st 1,000 out, mine should be the next shipment!

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Nov 27, 2015 8:28pm
via Android

I used the Jawbone UP2 and liked it okay. I purchased a Garmin Vivosmart about a month ago and like it much better. The Vivosmart can connect to an ANT+ HRM and cycling sensors. It's also water proof up to 5 atmospheres, so if you like to swim it's a helpful tracker. The app isn't bad, but I'm glad they didn't do their own calorie tracker. So it connects directly with MFP, which seems like the de facto standard these days.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51