Spartan March Challenge

30 posts | Original | Recent

Natsu_wallpaper_1_thumb
32 Posts
Feb 25, 2013 11:04pm

Hello Everyone,

As Spartan's we march to victory and glory in...March! Ok here's the deal so I know my limits and doing the same workout 31 days in a row and especially a Spartan workout will kill me or more likely I'll collapse from over training.

So instead lets all pick a Spartan workout and do it 3 times a week Monday, Wednesday and Friday, with the other days being rest days or alternate muscles. Personally lite cardio rowing (active recovery) or abs core, Tuesday and Thursday, 100% recovery and rest on weekends.

March starts this Friday, giving you the weekend to recover and make sure you have picked the right weights :) So pick a Spartan workout there are many to choose from on Skimble if you do a simple search with a keyword "spartan", "spartacus" or "300" I've got the MH Spartacus workout link below, feel free to edit it, increase decrease rest time or sub a exercise. Note: Heavy weights, low reps to build muscle ELSE light weights, high reps to tone muscle!

So pick a Spartan themed workout and come Friday "We March to Victory and Glory!" or as King Leonidas would say "I'm here, just taking a stroll, stretching my legs. These, uh, 300 men are my personal bodyguard."

Mens Health Spartacus Workout

Oh and ladies don't feel excluded "Because only Spartan women give birth to real men." :D

05 Mar
That's awesome, I am late, but I am in. Gonna give it my best shot. :D
05 Mar
Great the more the merrier, March is still ahead of us!
10 Mar
I've always wanted to be a Spartan. Starting tomorrow!
11 Mar
I will do it
Natsu_wallpaper_1_thumb
32 Posts
Mar 1, 2013 7:41pm

Oh well looks like it's just me doing my yearly Spartan March workouts! And off to a good start...Go me! :P

Image_thumb
41 Posts
Mar 3, 2013 11:24pm
via Android

I would do it. But different days. I work fridays.

For Sparta!

Natsu_wallpaper_1_thumb
32 Posts
Mar 4, 2013 10:02am

Well the challenge is to be a Spartan only 3 times a week. So just any 3 days of the week is good, personal schedule allowing of course. I just picked those days because I need to releave some work stress on Monday and Friday. Wednesday is always a toughie to get motivated for and then veggie out on the weekend recovering.

But I promise you won't regret doing any Spartan workouts. You will be fitter and stronger by the end of the March.

04 Mar
Ohh I'm blind then lol! I'll do the challenge with you
Image_thumb
156 Posts
Mar 5, 2013 7:39am
via iOS
Ok, late to the party but I'm in. Started today and hope to make up ground by doing more than 3 a week till I catch up.

On a side note this has to be the greatest pitch for a challenge yet. I atarted watching this thread because of that and lost track of it till the recent activity. Others use the simple try this approach, but yours is more take this challenge and you'll being eating lighting and *expletive* (edited to be on the safe side) thunder. Great job.
Natsu_wallpaper_1_thumb
32 Posts
Mar 5, 2013 6:55pm

Well done on joining the March! It's only the 5th so you're just 1 session behind since you started today! You should complete 12-13 workouts during "The March". I recommend having a active recovery/rest day between each Spartan Workout day.

Because being a Spartan in "battle" means giving it your All, for Glory, for Sparta! XD

08 Mar
What do you mean by active recovery/rest day? Do light workouts? I really want to do nothing after these workouts lol.
08 Mar
hahah Good to see you're still with me. The day after just some stretching or light workout, just to keep the muscles loose or a non-strenueous exercise. Sun, Moon salutation or any of the skimble "casual" workouts. Probably don't need to mention it but feast on some protein or steak :) I'll be doing my Sparta this evening!
08 Mar
Its good to be reminded. I'll start doing the light exercises and stretches. I can feel the soreness prior to doing this second attempt and that's why it was harder. Thanks James. Hope this challenge goes on. We gotta do it for the people of Sparta!
Image_thumb
41 Posts
Mar 9, 2013 10:34pm
via Android

How are you all doing?

I must say I hate this workout. I wish i can burn it to the ground.

That means this is working for the better lol!

Image_thumb
156 Posts
Mar 9, 2013 10:48pm
via iOS
I can second that. Actually haven't done many of the men's health version. I was taking advantage of being able to do other workouts, seeing what I liked and didn't within the challenge but that one had me taking advantage of every second of rest. Made it all the way through with some unintentional stops, had to keep opening the door wider to cool off.

Can't image the commutative affects or rather I don't want to, but that's the price one has to pay to be a spartan.
09 Mar
I second second you on that. I have to take longer breaks just to catch my breath. But indeed like all things we'll surpass this obstacle and be the Spartans that our nation has relied on to protect them in times of danger. Lets back on it Rob!
09 Mar
Get* back
Natsu_wallpaper_1_thumb
32 Posts
Mar 10, 2013 10:39am
via Android

Haha makes me so glad to hear that you guys struggle with this workout, my Spartan Brothers!

I promise you by the end of this long March. You will have trodden & climbed your way up Mount Olympus to claim our Glory as Spartan's XD

10 Mar
Wahooo Wahooo.
Image_thumb
68 Posts
Mar 10, 2013 11:51am
via iOS
I am a bit late. And maybe this workout is guys mainly, but I am up for it ☺ in fact I will be doing it every day to compensate for the days I have missed
10 Mar
Like I said in the original post women are most definitely welcome because Sparta wasn't built by men alone. So welcome to the challenge and prove yourself a Spartan.
10 Mar
Join us Yana. There is no restrictions. As James said, only a real woman give birth to a Spartan Man.
10 Mar
Thanks guys. I'll prove myself Bulgarian and bring you all guys to shame
10 Mar
Challenge accepted! :-)
10 Mar
I meant to say only spartan women or Bulgarian women give birth to real men. Lol
Image_thumb
68 Posts
Mar 10, 2013 2:59pm
via iOS
By the way, all you guys try my workout and tell me how you get on with it. Whole Body Intense or Hardcore Bum Workout.
I find both quite challenging at the beginning. No limit - max weight/max reps. If you not sweating - You're doing it wroooong !!!
10 Mar
The Spartan workouts never fails to get me drenched in sweat. I'll check your workouts in-between the Spartan workout.
10 Mar
Cheers, mate
11 Mar
Cheerrs
275041_895820692_680362716_n_thumb
13 Posts
Mar 10, 2013 8:09pm
via Android

Late late late but off to find some workouts! Can I be a Spartan now?

10 Mar
Nothing is ever late. Get as much as you can in and follow the directions from James. The Spartan workouts are good and I hate it with a passion! Lol
Image_thumb
7 Posts
Mar 10, 2013 10:30pm
via iOS
I'm starting late.... Sunday, tuesdays, and Thursdays. Monday, Wednesdays, should be cardio and stretching n rest Fridays and Saturdays. Will start on a lighter Spartan as I am out of shape, but I guess I gotta start somewhere. Will post again when I complete tonight's challenge. Thanks for the motivatation... God knows I need it!

Ps- where are the calories burned found, and what do the points mean per member?
10 Mar
Good to see a mix on this challenge. I'll root you on. A light Spartan workout is advisable. But Goodluck finding one, I find that all the workouts here a killers. It will tone you up and increase hour heart rate if you are looking to tone. Im not sure what the points mean as I'm still new to this app. Maybe the other members can answer this... Goodluck for tonight's workout.
11 Mar
Hey guys... I DID IT! I did the 300Spartan challenge after 1.3mi jog. Feels great! And did the 100squat challenge this morning!
11 Mar
Wow good job! Keep on going!
11 Mar
Now just eating right is key.
11 Mar
Kinda blew that just now.. Finished the workout... Then was CRAZY HUNGRY!
Image_thumb
68 Posts
Mar 10, 2013 11:56pm
via iOS
@Christina - calorie burn is calculated once you put your weight and hight in the options of the app.
11 Mar
How bout the points earned?
11 Mar
@Aaron if you want to see the exact points, download the track skimble app and sinc both of them. You normally get 2 points per workout. But with track you get points for each activity.
11 Mar
Thanks Yana!
11 Mar
My pleasure
Image_thumb
87 Posts
Mar 11, 2013 3:26am
via Android

For sparta lol.

11 Mar
I'm starting this today
11 Mar
For Sparta! Wahooo wahoooo
Image_thumb
7 Posts
Mar 11, 2013 7:14pm
via Android

Ripped class completed on my off day!

11 Mar
You're on a roll. Keep it upp
Natsu_wallpaper_1_thumb
32 Posts
Mar 11, 2013 7:57pm

Was meant to post this at the start of the week, so keep this in mind.

From 300:

Dilios "The enemy outnumber us a paltry three to one, good odds for any Greek."

Destroy those workouts, for Glory!

Also keep a log of your workout, date, weights used and simple 10 rows for the different exercises by 3 columns for the sets. Then fill in the reps completed. Sounds simple but took me a week to actually remember. Let alone trying to write after each exercise is hard enough lol.

Else if you're doing 1 of the other Spartan workouts still recommend keeping a log of your time or reps as its a great motivator and help monitoring your progress. If you want to be real thorough you can also log what you've eaten for the day and how you felt to find good combinations of foods for energy.

To those joining, Welcome and you've chosen the Right Path! Together we March forward to Victory and Glory! XD

11 Mar
For Sparta!
Image_thumb
68 Posts
Mar 11, 2013 10:42pm
via iOS
I can suggest modification to the squats. - do it with a side kick. Makes it more difficult. So squat(weighted)- kick right - up, squat (weighted) - kick left - up and so on...
11 Mar
Thank you. This will be more fun. :'( lol
12 Mar
Well, since you don't sweat enough
Image_thumb
21 Posts
Mar 11, 2013 11:45pm
via Android

Hey folks. I just wrapped up my Spartacus stint. I did the men's health one... but I started it back in Feb 6 when I stumbled upon it and wrapped up yesterday. I did about twelve rounds of it since then. The workout says three a week for three or four weeks, so I'm onto the next challenge... and then I just saw this thread today.
It's a fun workout if you stick to the timer, but all the workouts on here if it has the red fire is intense. It's also  fun workout to do while watching the Spartacus starz show, hahaha.

Question is... what workout to do next.

12 Mar
Do my created one - whole body intense
Image_thumb
7 Posts
Mar 12, 2013 1:36pm
via Android

Working my way up! (a tint but at a time....) 1.3mi jog... Check
300 Spartan challenge (fine for time, not reps)... Check
100 squat challenge... Check!300 Spartans

Natsu_wallpaper_1_thumb
32 Posts
Mar 15, 2013 8:04am

We've hit the Halfway mark!

Hope you're all seeing or feeling the power of being a Spartan! I'm personally gonna kill another workout this evening and increase the weights I use so that I have the weekend to lie on the couch recovering and come next week, I'll be stronger and ready for more Glory!

So log your reps, time or distances and keep up the Spartan living!

15 Mar
My co-worker said I looked like I'm losing weight. Woot woot
Image_thumb
68 Posts
Mar 16, 2013 1:37pm
via iOS
I have a problem... I can see improvements in my body, but no shift in the weight whatsoever. I am eating clean as well
16 Mar
Watching weight is kinda pointless for this reason. Better to measure your body and take a photo. Because if I was to use my weight as an indicator I would be sad because I've gained 3kg but I'm more defined now and stronger. Muscle is heavier than fat and comes with Greater power! Just keep it and if you're looking to tone it takes a while to kick start the fire inside but when it's burning. It's Super Hot! Keep going and keep the reps high.
16 Mar
*Just keep it up
Image_thumb
41 Posts
Mar 16, 2013 5:31pm
via Android

Dont give up. Sometimes it takes a little more time to see results. Apparently men lose weight a little faster than women.

16 Mar
Is it ok to eat honey? And how much is enough per day. If I want to burn body fat ?
16 Mar
Wow never heard of this method. But I knew honey is better than sugar. Its ok have honey as long as it's in moderation. Apparently you should have two spoonful before bedtime to burn fat. Im not a nutrition expert though. Here's some info off the net: http://honeyfanatic.com/honey-facts/honey-lose-weight-2/
16 Mar
Im going to start eating honey before bedtime. Thanks Yana.
16 Mar
I knew that... But they also say to have it before workout and first thing you get up in the morning so what is it?? Lol
17 Mar
Ini mini miney Mo? Lol. I would think before sleep cuz its the only time when you are not eating. That's my opinion though, no evidence to back it up.
Image_thumb
68 Posts
Mar 17, 2013 12:36pm
via iOS
Good news!!! Lots of panic for nothing
17 Mar
Whats up?
17 Mar
You got Facebook? Lol
13 Apr
Image_thumb
41 Posts
Apr 13, 2013 4:18am
via Android

Spartan challenge for May?

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51