10 Miles a Week-Walk/Run/or Hike Challenge

3700 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
499 Posts
Mar 9, 2013 7:54pm
via iOS
Join me in this challenge!!! I have done it two weeks and losing weight!!!! Do a total of 10 miles of what gets you moving and you will see results!!!! Sierra
10 Mar
I want to join this...I need someone to keep me accountable...rainy here today && no treadmill so I am starting tomorrow but doin my week sunday to Saturday
11 Mar
Look forward to hearing about your workout!
12 Mar
Count me in! :-) first challenge here on skimble
12 Mar
That is great! I am about to work out in 1/2 an hour! Can't wait to here about your progress!
13 Mar
Taking this challenge...already had 2.04 miles today
Image_thumb
499 Posts
Mar 10, 2013 4:21am
via iOS
Today I did 2 miles walk/run on treadmill. Started on Monday. Now at 8.5 miles. Feels Great!
10 Mar
I do 10km running daily....... and 2km fartlek. :)
23 Jul
You did awesome great job:)
01 Oct
27 Dec
I'm a elite hs runner and since ive been running I've gained weight (muscle mass) but try to increase a mile a week till yku get around 20mpw and then jump to speed itll give you better leg tone
10 Apr
Im so in
Image_thumb
499 Posts
Mar 10, 2013 10:39am
via iOS
Saahil, that is very impressive! Sounds like you have good discipline. Thanks, Sierra
09 Jan
04 Feb
I completed my week. I ran 20 miles yesterday preparing for a marathon.
04 Jun
I allway go to cloop
Image_thumb
456 Posts
Mar 10, 2013 5:13pm
via Android

i wish i can..but recently i've been focusing on running to help expand my lungs capacity..
u see, i used 2 have asthma & i got rid of it by running as long as i can when i was 13yr old..now when i run its like the old times all over again..

any tips or advice on how can i run for miles?(i can run+walke about 2 miles now)

15 Mar
For running longer distances you have to find your comfortable speed, and have a breathing pattern. Like breath in in four steps and breadth out in four. Try it!!! :-) best of luck!!
15 Mar
Thanx..ill try that
15 Mar
its not that i cant run long distance..i can..but once i stop, its like being in space..no air at all..so i lay down..sleep it over
26 Mar
Is the challenge 10 miles a day?
08 Jul
I fell off of running for a long time so the way I got back into it was slowly. I would do 3 sets of; 1 min jog and 6 min walk, do those 3 times a week, remember to walk for 5 min before and after the run also. The next week I did 2 min jog and 5 min walk, next week 3 min jog and 4 min walk and so on till I would run the entire time. Helped my lungs, ex smoker btw, gradually get used to it also. Good luck!
Image_thumb
499 Posts
Mar 10, 2013 5:45pm
via iOS
I have asthma too! I think it is great you are starting up.  If you are consistent you will build it up. My tips include making sure you have your asthma meds, warm up, and try to avoid running outside when it is windy because of pollen. If you have access to a treadmill, use that.  Remember, you can always stop running and keep going with a brisk walk.

The 10 miles is just a goal. You are active and striving to be fit. That is awesome!!!
10 Mar
thanks sierra..
10 Mar
but i dont use asthma meds anymore..will i only used the inhaler if needed when i was young..& i have a treadmill in my house..awsome!!
13 Mar
Thanks Nimish for the info.
24 Apr
I also did 10 miles this week! I started on Monday and worked down from there to get up to 10 miles!
25 Apr
That is great Caitlyn. Keep us posted on your miles!!!
Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
Mar 10, 2013 7:20pm
via Android

Taking this challenge!!!

01 Nov
I ran 4.1 today in 24:45 is that good? If not maybe I can set a new goal to beat that time.
05 Nov
I didn't get to run today. Going to start running after work before I go home,it
08 Jul
Mike R It's good!!
Image_thumb
11 Posts
Mar 10, 2013 7:32pm
via iOS
I will do this too
11 Mar
Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
Mar 10, 2013 7:33pm
via Android

Ally when are you starting

Image_thumb
499 Posts
Mar 10, 2013 7:37pm
via iOS
That is great Johnna! Look forward to hearing about your workouts! Sierra
12 May
im in :-)
12 Jun
Love the fact the same oil around the world are doing the same this as me
Image_thumb
499 Posts
Mar 10, 2013 7:41pm
via iOS
Remember everyone, your first day of the week does not have to be Monday. Whatever works best with your schedule!
10 Mar
25 Oct
Can I begin
31 Aug
I would like to join too. Thx
Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
Mar 10, 2013 7:43pm
via Android

Thanks Sierra. The sooner the better for me. Spring is right around the corner.

11 Mar
Yes! Spring is coming soon!
29 Oct
I ran 4.2 today.
Image_thumb
456 Posts
Mar 10, 2013 7:56pm
via Android

so, does that mean i dont have 2 run 10 ml a day..but 10 in a week..right?

Try the nike runner app..its great & it makes u challeng ur self to beat ur farthest run

18 Jun
or the adidas micoach app - also great
21 Jun
Noa! You are soo funny.
Image_thumb
499 Posts
Mar 10, 2013 7:58pm
via iOS
Yes. 10 miles a week. I heard that app was great!
04 Mar
Great idea! I'm def. Going to try this!! new challenges keep me going!!
04 Mar
Awesome! Welcome to the challenge!!!
Image_thumb
499 Posts
Mar 10, 2013 8:00pm
via iOS
Good! I have my inhaler available when I need it.
Image_thumb
78 Posts
Mar 10, 2013 9:26pm
via iOS
Will do this too.
10 Mar
That is great Argiris!
16 Aug
I'm gona do this challenge for sure :) not run in over 4 months but have ran 4 ml in 2 days so my aim is for 10 ml in a week :) addicted again
Image_thumb
499 Posts
Mar 11, 2013 2:31am
via iOS
Hi everyone. Just ran 1.5 miles on the Treadmill. You can do that outside too! 

Met my 10 miles for the week. Will start again tomorrow. Keep me posted on your progress. Don't forget to drink water before you do Cardio!!!!! Sierra
11 Mar
Did a 4.1km hike today. 12 km to go.
11 Mar
That is awesome to hike and get outside! Good job!!!!
Image_thumb
499 Posts
Mar 11, 2013 10:16pm
via iOS
This is a reminder of this great challenge! 10 miles a week. You can walk, run, or hike.  Or even combine them. The miles add up when you spread out your cardio in 7 days or shorter depending on your workout. You will feel great at the end of your week. The week can start at whatever day works best for you!  Thanks Sierra
02 Nov
I did 7. 2 miles,steps 11,188 burn 1088 calories today,for the week is 15.6 total. Everyone have a good weekend.
Image_thumb
50 Posts
Mar 11, 2013 10:42pm
via Android

I usually do ten to twelve miles a day, weather permitting.

11 Mar
Wow! That is great!!!
01 Jan
I think u should also prepare for the weather too, so that it does not draw you back,ok?
Image_thumb
499 Posts
Mar 12, 2013 2:52am
via iOS
Hi Everyone. Just did 2 miles to start my 10 mile goal for the week. I ran/walked on treadmill. I mostly ran today! Let me know how your doing? Sierra
Image_thumb
499 Posts
Mar 13, 2013 3:51am
via iOS
Today I ran 1.5 miles. Puts me at 3.5 for the week!
Image_thumb
78 Posts
Mar 13, 2013 8:31am
via iOS
Did 7km run today. That's brings me to 11km total. Need to do 5 more kilometres.
13 Mar
That is a good run! Your getting close.
13 Mar
Ran 2.6 miles this morning . Thanks for starting this challenge. Want to be ready to run the 5k when my daughter completes Girls On The Run in May.
13 Mar
Nancy, I am so glad you like the challenge. That is great your training for a 5k!
Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Mar 13, 2013 10:56am
via Android

Id like to join the 10 mile/week challenge.

13 Mar
That is great Jessika. You pick the day of the week that is a good day to start your week. Keep me posted!
13 Mar
Great thanks. I'll start today :)
13 Mar
Awesome!
Image_thumb
456 Posts
Mar 13, 2013 11:03am
via Android

i ran/walked 3.6 km yesterday on the treadmill..but the most exciting is that i walked 5 min than i ran 1 km without stopping for 9 min..feelt sooo good

13 Mar
Wow. It is nice when you get that
13 Mar
Oops! Did not finish. When you feel that extra drive to go more! Good job!!!
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Mar 13, 2013 11:04am
via Android

Verry nice

13 Mar
I want to become slem.but i dont know how to start my self;-)
13 Mar
Okay. You can start with walking or even if you have stairs at home. When I started I figured out how far I going by driving it first and figuring out how many miles. They also have apps for that. Start first and build up to the 10 miles. You can do it!!!!
16 Mar
Ok thank u sierra S...I try it..
16 Mar
You can do it! Let me know what you did when you start!!!
Image_thumb
43 Posts
Mar 13, 2013 3:04pm
via Android

I've been power walking/jogging for a little while but didnt knew how many miles I was doing, until yesterday that I decided to check and its about 3 miles.. so basically Im doing from 15 to 18 miles a week 

13 Mar
That is excellent!
13 Mar
Yayy.. today i may rest or just walk because my right knee its hurting i dont know why, maybe because I am pushing myself to hard :/
13 Mar
Yes. Rest! You did so much! That is what is nice about spreading it out in 7 days.
21 Mar
I did 2 miles on treadmill today.
21 Mar
I didnt do it today because I tougjht that it was gonna rain because it was very cloudy and dark.. and it didnt rain :'( ... this weather its pissing me off!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51