Plz help me

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
3 Posts
May 11, 2013 5:39pm
via Android

I am 25 and i am 5.2" and very overwieght i weigh 215 i need to lose wight but its so hard. I dont even know where to begin. I have to do this though not only for me but for my family, i know that once i start losing weight it will encourage them to do so too. Plus i have a wedding dress i want to fit into. Plz someone give me advice on how to boost my matabolism. I need to lose ALOT of weight i weigh 215 and need to get down to 135.

Image_thumb
203 Posts
May 11, 2013 6:03pm
via iOS
Hello Amanda. I will help you. First we need to change your and your families eating habits. I recommend a couple of things. Do a search on YouTube or NetFlix, Bing, etc. for a documentary called, "Forks over Knives". Watch the whole thing, even if you think it might not be relevant during some parts. Secondly, start with some simple, 'casual' workouts and stretches for a few weeks. You have to start this process in steps. Go to my profile and Follow me so you can get daily updates on my healthy eating habits Thread. Look at the pics in my profile for some examples of meals that are not only healthy, but will give you more energy and are great for your family too, but don't worry if they aren't into it yet, they will be once they see the results over time. 

We will do this together and this is a great community for support and motivation! Looking forward to tracking your progress together!
11 May
Thank you sooo much also i hope i can do this..i need to do this.
11 May
How is the source of all happiness. You WILL do this! :)
11 May
How = HOPE
Image_thumb
226 Posts
May 11, 2013 6:03pm
via iOS
Start slowly and build up. Start by changing your diet. Do not eat highly processed foods. Especially stay away from processed sugars and carbs (high fructose corn syrup, corn syrup, dextrose, white bread, white rice, etc). Eat foods that are in their natural state (or close to it), like fresh fruits and vegetables, lean meats, and whole grains. Limit the dairy products. Start walking every day for thirty minutes. Build up to longer periods of time and slowly add speed. You do not need to lose 5 lbs a week; that is very unhealthy. Aim to lose 2 lbs per week, and only weigh yourself once a week. Make sure to weigh yourself before breakfast in the morning. Also, drink lots of water. Do not drink anything besides water. No soda, juice, or full-fat milk. Replace milk with almond milk if you like it. 
Hope this helps and God bless!
11 May
Awesome advise!
11 May
Thank you sooo much for your advice
11 May
It is my pleasure! Also, you should start doing some strength training, because the muscle that you build will actually burn fat while you are resting and sleeping. When you are down to losing the last 20 pounds or so, you may want to start calorie counting, too, because that makes you aware of how much you should be eating every day.
May 11, 2013 6:04pm
via Android

Own that sh*t

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51