Athletics?

6 posts | Original | Recent

Celine123_thumb
129 Posts
Jun 18, 2013 3:57pm
via Android

Tomorrow I have Athletic Trials at school and I just need some tips or advice to get my nerves leveled, to do the best as possible, warm up my muscles well before I run? I'm most probably going to do 100m Sprint, 150m Sprint, Long Jump and maybe Long Distance(1300m)?? Thanks I'd apreciate it if I can get some advice/tips [=

18 Jun
Maybe look up runner warm ups on google or youtube.
18 Jun
Don't believe Sarah, she can't even spell believe correctly. ;)
Celine123_thumb
129 Posts
Jun 18, 2013 4:29pm
via Android

Choo guyss :')

Image_thumb
221 Posts
Jun 18, 2013 5:14pm
via Android

1500m and 100m wouldn't normally be two events an athlete would compete in together.
Usually the sprints (400m and below), and jumping events work best together as they use the same strength and acceleration muscles. Long distance running calls for more stamina and a different type of leg muscle.

18 Jun
but if you want to try it then by all means go for it! the most important thing is believing in yourself
18 Jun
Yeah I did take that into consideration :P Like...the reason I wanted to do it was because my "house" needs long distance runners and I usually take part because no one else will...(my school works on a "house" base...like...the teams...) but I'm focusing on my sprints because that's what I'm best at...so yhea :) But thanks!! :D
18 Jun
cool and post your results/times on here after (if u want)
18 Jun
Hopefully it'll go okay xD I haven't trained well enough D': ...aa...but I've improved since last year so that means more... :P Will do tho ay (=
Image_thumb
731 Posts
Jun 18, 2013 8:36pm
via iOS
You should do a light run and maybe a few low box jumps as warmup and if you like do some dynamic stretching. No static stretching it Will hurt perfomance if done before fysical activity.
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jun 18, 2013 9:14pm
via iOS
I run everyday and it keeps me fit
S-1_thumb
20 Posts
Jun 19, 2013 10:10pm
via Android

Hello there beautiful

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51