I want to start running!

7 posts | Original | Recent
39 Posts
Jun 24, 2013 3:04am
via Android

I hate running/jogging too, I do alot of HIIT training for cardio instead. But I realised that the correct form/posture of running makes it alot easier. Also, have a good playlist of music. Most people are actually physically fit enough to run a certain distance so just tell yourself before running that youre fit enough for this. Shouldn't be a problem:)

201 Posts
Jun 24, 2013 3:11am
via Android

Hi Emily there are lots of running workout sessions on this app. Just search for running and you can find lots of easy moderate and intense running workouts. some of the intense runningonesĀ  are over an hour long. You can work up to this and then in that time be running miles. Enjoy and all the best.

72 Posts
Jun 24, 2013 8:24am
via iOS
I would like to run also
147 Posts
Jun 24, 2013 10:52am
via iOS
I am in no way saying this works for everybody and of course there is the patience aspect, but here is how I improved my ability to run.

Week 1: walk 1/2 a mile at a fast pace and then pick up a tolerable running pace for a 1/2 mile. Do this 4-5X a week. Alternate between running and walking in 1/2 mile increments, Going for a total of 3 miles if possible, don't worry about how long it takes it you. Don't get discouraged.

Week 2-3: walk 1/4 of a mile at a fast pace. Then run 3/4 of a mile at a tolerable pace. Do this 4-5X a week. Alternating between running and walking. going for a total of 3 miles. Do this for 2 weeks unless your feeling confident after only one week of this, in which case you can start the next step earlier.

Week: 4-5: run for a mile and walk for a 1/4 of a mile to rest your legs and catch your breath. After you walk 1/4 of a mile pick up the pace and run another mile and repeat for as far as you can. The goal is to end with 3 complete miles of RUNNING total, if your able to do more then go for it. The more the better.

Week 6: run....run....run....go as far as you can without walking. Once you reach that point where you MUST walk, walk for 60 seconds and start running again. Run as far as you can before you must walk and repeat the previous step. Do this for as far as you can.

After week 6 your goal becomes run as far as you can without walking with the motivation to continue to improve your distance and speed or if there is a set distance you want to run than work your way up to that.

You can jump any of the above weeks if your feeling confident. Listen to your body, your body will tell you if your ready. You can jump ahead or spend extra time on any of the above steps. But TRY not to spend more than 2 weeks on each. Push yourself, you will be sore. There is a difference between soreness and pain. Remember, listen to your body. I hope this helps you out and good luck!!
20 Posts
Jun 27, 2013 11:34am
via Android

Me too. I just need to do it. My idea is to start at stop sign to stop sign.

63 Posts
Jun 27, 2013 11:37am
via iOS
Try cycling, it's great cardio and it doesn't take as much of a beating on your body.
28 Posts
Jun 27, 2013 3:23pm
via Android

Then run lol

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51