Schedules

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
6 Posts
Jun 25, 2013 9:04pm
via iOS
Anybody have a good workout schedule they'd recommend for a 17 year old athlete? How long, how many days each week? Eating schedule/habits. Basically just any advice and or tips so I can be in the best shape I've ever been. Much appreciated!
25 Jun
What sport do you play?
25 Jun
And what is/are your goal(s)?
25 Jun
25 Jun
Really? :o that's awesome! I play rep soccer!
25 Jun
Planning on playing in college. I want better endurance and stronger muscle.
Image_thumb
51 Posts
Jun 25, 2013 9:22pm
via iOS
Ok well I'm guessing you know about ball control and knowledge of the game, but if you don't just pm me. The biggest misconception with soccer is you need to be able to run for a long time at a steady pace, similar to cross country. That's true but not fully true. In soccer, you sprint, walk, jog, sprint, walk... You need to have good sprint endurance and you need to be able to recover and catch your breath quickly. I would recommend HIIT style running for your endurance and sprint endurance. I'm not sure what kind of shape you're in but I would try sprinting for 15 seconds and jogging for 30 and repeat that 10 times at least, then walk for about 5-10 minutes and hydrate until you're ready to try to do another 10 sets. As for muscle, you need a strong core and strong legs. There are many exercises on this app for core, but elbow planks, leg lifts, all that stuff that work your core are most effective. For your legs, squats (stick but far out as possible so you really use your legs), lunges, jumping lunges, and step ups on a platform. Mountain climbers, burpees, and tuck jumpsuits phenomenal for everything. Hope this helps & Good luck!
Image_thumb
35 Posts
Jun 26, 2013 12:08am
via Android

I workout an hour-2 hours every single day. A bit excessive but I'm used to it. Eat protein and whenever you're hungry. Don't eat till you're full!!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51