Getting into Running

9 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
11 Posts
Jul 21, 2013 5:35am
via iOS
I have to run for Cheerleading. We run a mile at every practice. And I would really like to enjoy it because I know it helps me get in shape. But it's just so painful! My chest hurts.y hearts pounding. Labored, unstable breathing. It's just never a good experience for me. And they say it gets easier every time you do it but it never gets easier for me. Any suggestions?
Image_thumb
46 Posts
Jul 21, 2013 5:53am
via iOS
What I'd do is work on building up to it, go for power walks and jogs and ease in to running a quarter mile, then a half a mile, free quarter mile a s do ally a mile. And I think it could help to do a lot of cardio to strengthen your legs and core. Good luck! (:
Image_thumb
147 Posts
Jul 21, 2013 11:43am
via iOS
Jumping jacks and jump roping are good training exercises for running. Lightweight and comfortable shoes are a must as well.
Image_thumb
11 Posts
Jul 21, 2013 3:18pm
via iOS
Thanks you guys:) I will definitely try those and let you know how it worked:) Just wish it wasn't so hot!
Image_thumb
11 Posts
Jul 21, 2013 3:19pm
via iOS
Well I don't really have a choice in shoes. When I'm at cheer we have to wear our specific cheer shoes. And they are comfortable and all but they aren't meant for running.
Image_thumb
14 Posts
Jul 21, 2013 3:49pm
via iOS
I'm preparing for cheer season too- doing cardio exercises will really help on your running. Try doing jumping jacks for about a minute before running  it will boost your heart rate up. And when u run, take turns running, walking, then jogging.
Image_thumb
1 Post
Jul 31, 2013 3:09am
via iOS
I run cross crountry. At first I had briething  problems too and I would be so exhausted afterwards. What my couch taught me is to always have your head straight ahead and keep your arms up at around 90 degrees. Keeping your head straight helps you exhale and inhale (you can't breath properly if your heads down or to high) & keeping your arms up gives you sort of a "push". Also do cardio workouts. It helps your body get used to the heavy breathing and your heart pumping and what ever you do- keep on running! It will get  easier. :) If you still breath to eratically, contact your doctor.
Image_thumb
170 Posts
Aug 4, 2013 5:26am
via Android

Try to cut down the unhealthy fats you eat and do more cardio after your cheer leading practice

Image_thumb
57 Posts
Aug 4, 2013 6:26am
via Android

I did start running about 2 years ago. Almost 50 years old. It took about 1 year until i did like it! Most important is to build up. My coach was and is micoach from adidas. You canfond it on the net.  I did notice that i did overwhelm myself all time before when i did tryto run and did get the same problems you're writing about each time. You'll manage it! ! I'm sure!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51