Give Soda Up!

10 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
7 Posts
Jul 21, 2013 6:25am
via Android

Ever since this past January, I made the decision not to drink soda at all because of a serious dehydration issue that ended me flat out in a emergency room. And I persuaded my friends to try it. Half of them ended up going back to drinking it regularly which I was sad about. But seeing as you are all more commited to getting healthy, I want to encourage you all to quit the dirty habit of drinking it and trade it out for something much healthier like water, tea, real fruit juice, or WATER.

Please take it into consideration as I'd hate to see someone go through the same thing I did. (:

21 Jul
I haven't drunk soda for three years now! Proud of myself :)
21 Jul
Well, it was sorta easy for me, cause I never really liked it that much.
21 Jul
That's awesome. I wish I never had a taste for it in the first place. (:
22 Jul
That's good you made it this far. I haven't drank a soda since three weeks ago. I know it's not much but I'm happy without soda.
22 Jul
It gets easier as you go along. It was at the month mark where I didn't crave and/or want soda anymore. Keep it up! (:
Icon_missing_thumb
55 Posts
Jul 21, 2013 8:12am
via iOS
No soda for me since more than half a year. The initial month of no soda was hell!! I just wanted a sip of that damned orange soda or coke!! But ever since that first month, there's not even a bit of temptation to have it. I now have water or juice whereas my friends would be having soft drinks.
Image_thumb
7 Posts
Jul 21, 2013 3:46pm
via Android

I totally know the feeling. I literally thought that I needed it. My friends would always try to tempt me and show me that it was okay to have it during the beginning, but now they have just given up. (:

Image_thumb
46 Posts
Jul 21, 2013 5:05pm
via iOS
YAY someone else who gave it up! I made it my New Year's Resolution to only drink one a week, but I've drunk zero since December 31. I seriously was addicted to Dr. Pepper (especially vanilla Dr. Pepper, that was my total weakness) and I would literally drink at least one a day, often 2-3. All the time. Then I read about how bad they are and I read about a man in NY who quit drinking them for a year and lost a ton of weight. Now I only drink water, sweet tea, green tea, orange/apple/grape juice and occasionally chocolate milk. I feel so much healthier and stronger now, it's amazing. At first it was hard but now I don't have a problem saying no. (:
21 Jul
I gave up cokes lost 20 wasn't working out at that time. Changed nothing else.
Image_thumb
7 Posts
Jul 21, 2013 5:12pm
via Android

Dr. Pepper Polar Bears were my weakness. I drank like one 32oz a day and started having sleeping and dehydration problems so I quit and now my complexion, endurance, hydration, and weight are so much better. It's kind of crazy.

It used to get really hard to keep it up because most my friends and family still drank it. But I figured if I could convince other people to do it, it would be a good impact on everyone. But now I don't have any problems replacing it with something better. (:

Image_thumb
63 Posts
Jul 21, 2013 6:18pm
via iOS
Yes I've only drank about 1/2 cup of soda in the last 5 months and that's only because I deserved it lol.
21 Jul
Good for you! Keep it up!
Jul 22, 2013 5:04pm
via iOS
Best thing to lose weight
Image_thumb
389 Posts
Jul 22, 2013 8:56pm
via iOS
I have up soda for July. I feel less sluggish. I was drinking diet mt dew but always felt bloated. Also it made me crave sugar 
Image_thumb
7 Posts
Jul 22, 2013 9:09pm
via Android

You will feel like you NEED to have just one sip for a week or so, but once you find good tasting alternatives --my favorite being powerade, apple juice, water, most anything V8-- you will get over it. I drank A LOT of powerade after my workouts and it helped keep me hydrated and replenish my elctrolytes as well as giving me the similar flavor of soda.

Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Jul 22, 2013 11:30pm
via Android

I'm going to start giving up soda. I've become sooooo addicted to coke cola that in the past few weeks i've drunk almost 4 pks of Sprite and Coke Cola.

23 Jul
I'm happy for you! That's great! There are so many chemicals that soda makers don't list on the labels. As well as the empty calories, and sleeping issues most are prone to after consumption.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51