Before Run?

6 posts | Original | Recent

Celine123_thumb
129 Posts
Jul 23, 2013 4:01am
via Android

I have to run 100,150 and 200m sprint,400m relay and Long Jump. Any foods that can help keep my energy up and not slow me down? Thnx :)

23 Jul
Bananas are a good source of potassium which is reduced in dehydration, try that. Plus drink shakes they help a lot. Try mix fruit shakes.
Image_thumb
85 Posts
Jul 23, 2013 4:33am
via iOS
maybe I wouldn't be the best person to talk to but since there are no other replies yet I would say the day of the races to eat fruits if anything. honesly though I think I would just not eat that day until after the races are over. by the way maybe your coach would be a good person to ask.
Image_thumb
19 Posts
Jul 23, 2013 7:55am
via iOS
Maybe try one of those gel packs/chews before the races for a extra energy boost. There are tons of different brands and favors (e.g. Cliff, Gatorade, Gu, Powerbar). I love Power Bars as well.
Image_thumb
81 Posts
Jul 23, 2013 2:44pm
via iOS
We always had spaghetti dinners the day before track meets. Not sure if it helped when I was in high school I could of ate McDonald's right before and it wouldn't affect me.. Damn I miss those days!!! But anyways a good night of sleep, no soda the day before.. Drink lots of water and Gatoraid.. They have energy bars too to snack on.
Image_thumb
1023 Posts
Jul 23, 2013 5:38pm
via Android

The day for the race i would load lots of carbs. So a huge pasta or rice dish. At the same time make sure to drink loads of water.

Dependig on how late the race is the day food can be different. Get those muscles the explosiv energy they need. If the race is late on the afternoon i would go for a big breakfast of rice and veggies. Or maybe even load with something more sweet like pancakes :-). Would keep lunch lighter with more quick protein and close to the race something high in sugar ( there are some good suplements for this ). If the race is early i would try to eat a breakfast with carbs and slower protein and quick protein. And close to the race the quick energy.

Im no expert on this subject. But from my logic this would be my gameplan.

24 Jul
eating a lot of food and drinking water like that is very bad for your digestion. and eating. lot of carbs the day of the meet is going to make whoever does it feel tired because all of your blood will be going to your stomach as its trying to digest the food.
24 Jul
Eating a big meal arround 24 hours before the race shoudnt be any problem. And having lots of water in the muscles helps with energy synthetic. Thats my logic of keeping well hydrated the days before. On race day itself its also a thing of personal taste.
24 Jul
yeah 24 hours before would e fine. drinking a bunch of water while having spaghetti or any food at all for that matter lowers your stomach acidity and leaves your stomach and intestines with a lot of work to do. that is not personal preference. a lot of people don't realize that just be because its something you leave your body to deal with.
24 Jul
I'm not saying water is bad for you. it's very healthy of drink plenty of water everyday but if you drink it while eating its easy to have bad digestion. you should look into it if you think that's interesting.
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Jul 23, 2013 6:13pm
via iOS
If you've got an hour or so between races, pack a bunch of granola bars and fruit (bananas and apples are good) and snack on those. You're running a lot of events so you need to keep your strength up, but obviously you can't eat too much. Gatorade or another energy drink with electrolytes and all that good stuff is a good idea too. Good luck!!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51