Questions about food!

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
14 Posts
Jul 25, 2013 8:10pm
via iOS
Does anyone know how many calories you should be taking per day, how much protein/ fiber is a good amount and how often to eat red meat and pink meat?
Image_thumb
14 Posts
Jul 25, 2013 8:19pm
via Android

Hey man, good to see you taking an interest in the dietary side of bodybuilding/fitness training. For starters, how much do you weigh, what is your goal, and are you trying to build mass, build muscle, or lose weight?

25 Jul
I'm a girl, 16, 5 ft 9 inches, 180 pounds, I want to get to 150& I want to slim down but get a little muscle.
Image_thumb
8 Posts
Jul 25, 2013 8:29pm
via Android

Im 5'8, 160 and on a 1200 calorie intake a day. I had gone to the dr to determine my intake and body mass etc. Its different for everyone.

Image_thumb
14 Posts
Jul 25, 2013 8:31pm
via Android

So, for slimming down most of what you're going to need to do is cut unhealthy foods out of your diet, such as sodas and fast food. Sweets too. Fast food is almost always extremely unhealthy, high in saturated fat and trans fat, very calorie-dense, and should thus be avoided by everyone. Soda is extremely calorie-dense, has no nutritional value, and for various reasons, you shouldn't be dumping massive amounts of simple sugars into your system. There is debate over if diet soda is neutral or still bad for you; my suggestion is to limit it, too.

As for building muscle, a large part is protein but you will also need regulated amounts of carbs, fats and etc. Depriving your body of any one thing is not good, just be sure not to over-indulge.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51