397 Posts
Aug 8, 2013 1:57am
via iOS
Im 18 and just curious to see if any body got tips on it
Image_thumb
8 Posts
Aug 8, 2013 6:13am
via Android

I'm 27 I'd been trying to dunk since I was 20 when I started to play basketball often. I easily get over the rim. I missed way more than I made until one day...listen it sounds so obvious but its the only thing I can tell you and do this...you literally have to put the ball in lol. I missed so many dunks hitting the back of the rim. Just jump don't rush and put the ball in. I can dunk now with two hands off vert. Just elevate hang a little and just put the ball in the hole. Trust me its obvious but its the only tip I can give

09 Aug
How tall are you
Image_thumb
221 Posts
Aug 8, 2013 4:25pm
via Android

wts your height and verticle?

09 Aug
6'3 and about 32 inches
09 Aug
bro then u should b throwing it down no prob
09 Aug
Oh i can dunk but want to be able to windmill, 360, etc so need to be at around 36-38 vert
09 Aug
oh alrite i feel u. steve francis style lol
09 Aug
my calves were my strongest leg muscle when i was throwing it down in hs, at 6'2"
Image_thumb
160 Posts
Aug 9, 2013 6:09pm
via Android

I not a b ball player but i get up there some basketball i can dunk cause of the grip i dont have good grip so not all the time im 6ft even n can pretty much get my whole hand over the rim

Image_thumb
160 Posts
Aug 9, 2013 6:11pm
via Android

Run bleacher it works or calves raises it totaly work i dont even play basketball im more of a runner

09 Aug
May try that when go to the field later on
Image_thumb
95 Posts
Aug 10, 2013 10:13pm
via Android

I'm with Louis calves raises will help lil da rest is you. I'm 23 and 6'1. Windmills and 360s and 720s is out of my reach too for right now. The most you goin to get from me is a reverse and alleys. I mean if you want to do it just keep trying and go up strong. When get it and you dunk on somebody man it feel good. Have that manĀ  asking himself "why he do that me. I did nothing to him"

10 Aug
Lol but yeah my goal is to do those 360'sand east bays by 20 at least

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51