Is dancing useless?

12 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
132 Posts
Aug 14, 2013 12:07am
via Android

Okay, so earlier today I was chilling with some group of people ,and we had Pandora playing. The song "teach me how to dougie" came on and everyone was trying to do it. Some were okay but others were very awkward dancers. So when my turn came I started freestyling. I kept going..For a long time. Some of those who didn't know I dance were telling that was awesome and stuff like that, but One of the awkward dancers told me that my talent is useless anyway, just to spite me. At first I brushed it off, as the day went by I thought about it. Other physical fitness, I feel as if dancers are just there to make the song come alive and entertain people. I love dancing but since that comment I have been in a bit of a slump. Feedback on my pouting post?

Image_thumb
25 Posts
Aug 14, 2013 12:09am
via iOS
Whatever! They were just mad they couldn't dance. I wish I could dance...and a dude that can dance is super impressive. Don't feel bad. Haters gon' hate! Lol
14 Aug
I appreciate that but it did get me thinking on how I wanted to get better, but the chances of me making that a good career are very slim. Just having doubts.
Image_thumb
95 Posts
Aug 14, 2013 1:15am
via Android

I'm wit Janna they hating on you Cuz your dougie look like the dougie and their dougie look like booboo lol. Jus the other day this guy was mad Cuz I can play the guitar you know what I called him to his face a HATER lol

*Haters hate to be called a hater*

But you do what you feel like Janna said haters going to hate its in their blood

Image_thumb
25 Posts
Aug 14, 2013 2:04am
via iOS
Even if you can't go further with it, if it makes you happy it's not useless.
14 Aug
Well spoken janna
Image_thumb
6 Posts
Aug 14, 2013 2:33am
via Android

If anything it seems like that person was hating on what you could do because they couldn't. Take pride in your talent, not everyone can master the techniques/skills of dancing, it's not useless.

Image_thumb
36 Posts
Aug 14, 2013 2:44am
via Android

Talent is talent.. Watch step up. Pure gangsta shit

624115_100000260635928_885742556_n_thumb
14 Posts
Aug 14, 2013 3:55am
via Android

Man, don't listen to them. Any one who has a talent knows that 'dope shit brings hate quick' just keep doing what you do :) it doesn't matter what that one single person says, what matters is that you're happy with yourself and you're proud of your talent :) go hard, bro :)

Image_thumb
147 Posts
Aug 14, 2013 6:57am
via iOS
Dancing is my sanctuary bro. It's like an art. You don't do art so it will take you somewhere physically, but spiritually. 

If it makes you feel good and happy, it's not useless. You can always impress the ladies so its pretty useful if you think of it that way. 

But don't. Think of it as an art. 
Image_thumb
18 Posts
Aug 14, 2013 7:33am
via Android

Hey, don't feel bad about what those jerks said. Dancing is an awesome talent whatever dancing style you have. It's a talent others don't have or cannot even do, just be grateful about that and let them see how good you are, show them what you've got and let them re-think what they've said and let them feel useless because they don't have a talent like yours. :)

14 Aug
Anyway . I dance too. So i know how you feel. :) keep it up bro.
Image_thumb
1023 Posts
Aug 14, 2013 8:56am
via Android

If you dance like me you probably can call it usseles

Image_thumb
1 Post
Aug 14, 2013 9:19am
via iOS
Dancing isn't useless and it never will be!!!!!! It is so much better than may other sports. My teacher always says that we become smart because we have to remember so many steps and positions and yeah :) you can say something with dancing. You can show so many things with it. I don't know how it is for you, but dancing is my life and I don't know what I was without it.
But it is cute how this awkward dancer tries to hide his jealousy! 
Keep on dancing! 
Image_thumb
132 Posts
Aug 14, 2013 11:41am
via Android

Thanks everyone. That did get my spirits up (also sleep). It's awesome to know that there are people that will encourage you on here when you need it!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51