Splits? Who can do them ;-)

39 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
12 Posts
Aug 24, 2013 8:50am
via iOS
I've always wanted to do the splits, but I can't! If anyone has any good tips or advice please tell me haha, and how long will it take to finally be able to do them ..?
24 Aug
Ok ahaha
01 Sep
U must start from young,cos your body is more flexible when u r younger. Now will be harder, but if u keep praticing, im sure u can do it..:)
19 Oct
I have left, right, and almosttt a middle split! Just hold it as far down as you can for 20 seconds on each side every day at the least. It takes a while, but you can get it!
23 Oct
Me! I can do all
29 Jan
Hey! I can do front splits and side splits! Been dancing ballet for 15 years and now the last 5 years aesthetic gymnastics :) I made a workout that I do at gymnastics and it helps you stretch splits! :) it's not exactly the same workout but nearly :) go and try it! You can find it through my page
Image_thumb
37 Posts
Aug 24, 2013 12:30pm
via Android

I was in gymnastics for four years and still couldn't do the splits in warmups.

24 Aug
Oh! :(
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Aug 24, 2013 12:38pm
via Android

I can't do a split either

24 Aug
Aw! :(
Image_thumb
12 Posts
Aug 24, 2013 1:56pm
via Android

Yes I'm a man
And yes it s crazy
But call me maybe ;)
Naw, joke
Actually I practiced 1year with 20 min of stretching everyday and made it.

No homo
Jus using it for mma

Sorry for bad English!

24 Aug
Ahh, thank u
24 Aug
I stretch for 20 minutes as we for skateboarding, but I'm still not there yet after 3 months.
25 Aug
I'm nearly there. I do mma too, so stretching is essential.
25 Aug
Ohhh!
Image_thumb
18 Posts
Aug 24, 2013 2:06pm
via Android

I can do them all you have to do is stretch everyday. There's a lot of different stretches you can do and it's kinda hard for me to describe them so you can search something like how to do a split on YouTube and it should pop up.

24 Aug
Ok thanks
Image_thumb
392 Posts
Aug 24, 2013 2:12pm
via Android

Stretch workout

24 Aug
Oky doky
Image_thumb
11 Posts
Aug 26, 2013 12:59pm
via iOS
Im a cheerleader and I got to do splits in just a span of 1 week. Just do your stretches, those types where u can feel the stretch especially in the thigh area. I wish i can add photos here tho so that I can show you the ones that I do and did :( 
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Aug 27, 2013 5:25pm
via iOS
I knowwww!! I'm almost there now. 
You should sit in front of a wall and do as much of a split as you can. Push against the wall so you can feel it at your inner thighs. It worked for me 
Image_thumb
26 Posts
Aug 27, 2013 9:29pm
via Android

Yes I can I'm a dancer so I have to

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Aug 29, 2013 2:02pm
via iOS
Only try this if you are close-ish to a split. When you do a side split put your front leg on a pillow or some books. It really helps :) I know it sounds crazy to do an over split when you don't have a split. After doing that do a normal split.
979903_506428756079739_1176904449_o_thumb
1 Post
Aug 29, 2013 9:54pm
via iOS
Look for different exercises that ballet dancers use to stretch there legs. It's easy to find on the internet. Some of the exercises are difficult but if you do them right, you can do split in a few months of practice. I did gymnastics for three years and i could almost do the split. now i'm doing the ballet exercices everyday for half an hour and you see the improvement after a few days.
371483_100000540134287_1732414746_n_thumb
5 Posts
Aug 29, 2013 9:57pm
via iOS
What is good about splits ?
Icon_missing_thumb
28 Posts
Aug 29, 2013 9:58pm
via Android

I do,also back flip/split and spinning split kick.

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Aug 29, 2013 11:15pm
via iOS
I can! 
Image_thumb
21 Posts
Aug 30, 2013 9:47am
via Android

sadly, not me. i was never that flexible

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Sep 1, 2013 8:30am
via iOS
look up on YouTube how to get the splits there are many people that have posted videos on doing the splits! Make sure you stretch every day! And never give up! I have the splits because I try stretch every day! 
You could take a picture from day 1 and do a 100 day challenge and stretch everyday and on the last day compare it to what you have achieved since day1 it's a great motivation! Any more questions ask or follow me! 
P.s- the splits are comfy to sit in AHHAHAHA 
04 Sep
wow, great advice! i'll be sure to try that out
Image_thumb
4 Posts
Sep 4, 2013 12:43am
via Android

It is easy all you have, too do Is practice'practice'practice

Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Sep 4, 2013 12:46am
via Android

Cool. I never heard of splits when working out.

04 Sep
Believe it or not doing the splits is a workout. Like for your flutes and hamstrings .
Image_thumb
8 Posts
Sep 5, 2013 2:29am
via Android

1)Take a stack of pillows and do your splits on them each time you don't feel the pain take another pillow away. (So like two to three days) orrrrr

2) have one leg in front of you and take the other leg bend it to the side lean over your front leg and stretch and after thirty secounds move your bent leg back more and more. (Sorry if you don't understand this )

Image_thumb
1 Post
Sep 22, 2013 6:57am
via iOS
I can!!
Image_thumb
27 Posts
Oct 7, 2013 12:17am
via Android

I learned in 30 min. My friend just told me I had to stretch my legs. When I was done, I tried go do a split and I tried to go as far as I can and get up and tried to go lower. I kept doing that and I did it. But I stop doing it for months and I lost the ability. But that was last year and I was what 12? So yeah and I started doing it 2day and yeah I did it. But it took longer. So yeah I hope it helps.

Image_thumb
16 Posts
Oct 10, 2013 4:09am
via Android

I have been trying for years and after alot of stretching I can almost get down. I was 4cm off at one point. I have a growth plate injury in my hips so some days I cant do the splits at all and others i only do alittle and are sore for age after. Terribly frustrating!

Image_thumb
7 Posts
Oct 12, 2013 1:57pm
via iOS
Have tried it during my P.E class and failed miserably right away.. Plus my thighs hurt like hell. I'll try to do some stretching from now on, though. Hope it works ;)
Image_thumb
50 Posts
Oct 12, 2013 7:18pm
via Android

Cant Do splits but front and backflip

Image_thumb
77 Posts
Oct 12, 2013 11:45pm
via Android

I can... I always have been able to... I'm on the thicker side when I show ppl I can their like... lol...

21 Nov
Find stretches that open up your hips and groin, which can help with hip rotation and also try and stretch your hamstrings frequently. Lunges are good for hamstrings, butterfly/frog or lotus position help with opening up the hips ,which is essential if you want to have flexibility and good hip turn out. Also try to make your leg touch your face whilst lying down, make sure to keep one of the legs bent as you do this, hold the position for a few seconds and repeat on the other leg. Try wall splits too ( place your feet against the...

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51