Is the calorie burning count on this app accurate?

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
21 Posts
Sep 28, 2013 1:19am
via iOS
Whenever i do a workout, it says i burned a specific amount of calories. I just wanted to know if it is accurate or not
28 Sep
Image_thumb
954 Posts
Sep 28, 2013 2:57am
via Android

No not at all.

I THINK its only based on maybe two factors:
1) what intensity the workout's creator chose (and theres only three choices)
And 2) the time spent

So if true, it means this app would say you burned the same calories sitting meditation for ten minutes or light aerobics for ten minutes

I haven't double checked it, I just decided to not trust this app being very accurate. Its just there to give you a very rough idea, as are almost ALL "calories burnt" stats, wherever you may see them.

28 Sep
I just looked in the FAQs and it says they DO use your weight to help figure calories,.but besides that there's no indication if they use actual calculations based on individual exercises (I highly doubt it) so I'm still thinking its based on intensity. Even then its so dependent on individual effort. Exercises on the app are measured in minutes/secs but how many jumping jacks do you or anybody else do in a minute? time doesn't really matter with calories, if you do more jumping jacks than I, you burn more, whether it takes you a minute or all day.
Image_thumb
170 Posts
Sep 28, 2013 9:05am
via Android

It's not and it can't be accurate and they can't fix it cause every individual burns different amount of calories than the other .

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51