Cheerleading Opinions?

17 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
6 Posts
Oct 24, 2013 1:50am
via Android

So I'm a competitive cheerleader and there have been plenty of times that people will come at me saying its not athletic. What do you guys think??

26 Oct
Not anyone can do it!It takes a lot of hard work and training to do what you do it is athletic. Keep up the good work Allison B.
18 Jan
God said greater is he than he thats in the world keep pushing but never get proud team spirit u got that makes you a winner k leader not followet
26 Feb
Im not a competition cheerleader, just a rehular old school cheerleader but I wish my school did competition cheer. From the videos ive seen there is so much work you have to do. And if anyone says cheer isnt a sport I prove them wrong on so many levels!
Image_thumb
87 Posts
Oct 24, 2013 2:04am
via Android

Well if it waasnt you anylne would be able to do it abd from what ive seen you have to be fit and train hard to do some of the tricks for it. So i say its athletic.

24 Oct
Thanks!!
Image_thumb
30 Posts
Oct 24, 2013 2:30am
via Android

Jest compete because you know you can be successive, who cares if people don't  think cheerleading isn't athletic. I do think cheerleading is athletic though.

24 Oct
Thanks! You're right. Guess I'll just use what they say as motivation to try harder
Image_thumb
17 Posts
Nov 30, 2013 2:55pm
via iOS
Cheer leading is athletic, just not a sport. 1. Nobody scores. 2. There is more than two teams competing. 3. It is judged by people not by facts such as scoring a basket in basketball or gaining a touchdown. 4. I snowboard and it is judged the same way as cheerleading and I do not think of snowboarding as a sport. 5. Cheerleading is a contest because you are CONTESTING for the judges favor. 6. The score cheerleading as the would a dog show. Scores 1-10.
01 Dec
Is chess a sport now :-)
16 Dec
Chess is a board game, no teams are involved
09 Mar
Cheerleading is an official sport and yes we get scores that what a cheer competition is honestly it takes way more skill than a lot of sports
Icon_missing_thumb
8 Posts
Nov 30, 2013 4:59pm
via Android

I used to compete in and out out high school! Don't listen to what ppl say... They have a right to their opinion and you have the right to ignore them! You train for competeing just like any other sport.... Forget tha haters

Icon_missing_thumb
216 Posts
Nov 30, 2013 8:19pm
via Android

You do flips, you toss eachother in the air and catch, you do human pyramids - yeah, I would say that makes you an athlete

Image_thumb
15 Posts
Nov 30, 2013 11:12pm
via Android

I'm a cheerleader too, and yes it actually is very hard work. So why wont it be? Not a sport tho.. But it takes gutts' to do the kinda things a cheerleader do and work for.
- Cheer for life!

Image_thumb
274 Posts
Dec 1, 2013 12:43am
via Android

Yeah, cheerleaders are athletes. It's a sport. However, even though golf is a sport, I don't think golfers are athletes

17 Jan
Yea I agree I never thought of golf as a sport either...how athletic do u need to be for golf? If your out a shape don't worry rent a golf cart man you dnt even have to carry your clubs if you don't want to lol
Image_thumb
25 Posts
Dec 2, 2013 2:10am
via iOS
I'm in cheer too. 
If you think dance or gymnastics is athletic than there you go. 
Image_thumb
143 Posts
Dec 2, 2013 2:49am
via Android

It is not athletic sport u don't break a sweat really its just cheering you just need to be a little be athletic sports like soccer football hockey you need to be athletic people who do dance need to be ten times more athletic then cheerleadera I do mma I have to be athletic or I get my ass wooped but from my knowledge I don't know if u workout at home so the sport I would say you don't need to be athletic for

02 Dec
But u might be athletic
Image_thumb
6 Posts
Jan 16, 2014 11:11pm
via iOS
im a competitive and school cheerleader. school chearleading is NOT a sport. however, competetive usually is (depends on your team). sometimes you have to be on a competetive team to know its a sport. its hard stuff
Image_thumb
481 Posts
Jan 17, 2014 1:19am
via Android

Gymnastics is very athletic!!!! Tho if you took gymnastics out of it then cheerleading would be more of a loud amateur type motivational dance team and wouldn't be very athletic...so yea its athletic because it includes gymnastics

Me16_thumb
64 Posts
Jan 17, 2014 5:30pm
via Android

Def athletes!  I miss my high school days cheer and dance were my main priorities besides grades of course lol! Keep up the hard work, I never went to nationals with cheer but dance nationals were awesome!

Image_thumb
85 Posts
Jan 17, 2014 6:17pm
via Android

I w as a cheeleader. And yes it is. We workout just like the football players. Shit we did the same things they did.

Image_thumb
143 Posts
Jan 17, 2014 6:18pm
via Android

People who keep saying u are athletic don't know what they are talking about very few are athletic on the teams and the ones that are do gymnastics cheerleaders is not a sport oh you can kick over your head women are naturally flexible and for you to do a handstand thats.nothing throwing someone up doesn't require strength and the pyramids are not even close to hard you have alot of ppl doing it the most athletic thing yiu do is a roundoff and only the really goods one do and thats not hard either parkour is 1million times harder than cheerleading

17 Jan
Evan u hav a lot to learn number 1 women are NOT naturally flexible we were not born with the ability to do the splits or to "kick high" 2) if handstands were easy everyone could do thm tho where I'm frm cheerleaders dnt do handstands 3) gymnastics is indeed athletic as well as an olympic event where I come frm cheerleaders flips on th ground and in the air.. turn cart wheels and perform back flips 4) have you ever done a pyramid? 5) I dnt care if you call it a sport or a competition or even a...
17 Jan
Where I'm frm they all do gymnastics its apart of cheerleading just like forms are a part of martial arts
17 Jan
And I dnt even like cheerleading!!!! but I do love martial arts ...
17 Jan
Not even close to martial arts in cheerleading its short they don't do long term its not like martial arts parkour or breakdancing they require alot of strength endurance cardio and is very long term by comparison have you seen pro martial artist s pro parkour and breankdancers perform
17 Jan
I have seen Parkour people walk doibg a handstand for 20mins and I have seen breakdancers do a 90 90 and martial artist do 1420 now that is hard
Image_thumb
91 Posts
Jan 19, 2014 12:05am
via Android

It takes as lot to be able to do all of those jumps and flips. Most people can't do that at all, I'd break my neck! Keep your head high and fcuk what people say. Do you girl!

Image_thumb
70 Posts
Jan 19, 2014 5:32am
via Android

Hell yeah it's athletic!
And I know girls who've tried and failed because it was too hard so...

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51