Stamina without running?

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1 Post
Nov 4, 2013 5:05am
via Android

Hate running and have no time....what do I do?

04 Nov
Love ruin all my life get use.....
Image_thumb
512 Posts
Nov 4, 2013 1:27pm
via Android

Increasing stamina does always take time!

Image_thumb
151 Posts
Nov 4, 2013 4:11pm
via iOS
I used to feel the same way. I always avoided running because if didn't have stamina. But I tried a treadmill at the gym and I've loved running ever since. You just have to take the first step!
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Nov 4, 2013 4:50pm
via Android

Swimming maybe?)

04 Nov
Swmmings what I do its easier on my knees & ankles I start out nice and slow and keep it casual the whole swim I started at only being able to swim steady for 10 -15 Mins now I swim for over an hour Stamina increased! Yeaaahyeahhh!
Image_thumb
953 Posts
Nov 7, 2013 6:03am
via Android

I used to hate running and still do mostly, but I started with sessions on the recumbant stationary bike, then started treadmill walking and jogging and actually got to really like treadmill running. I kind of made up my own interval thing, with walking and running. I don't do it these days cuz I can't afford a gym but i tried running outside and it's just not for my knees...and the monitoring of progress on the treadmill is nice, right in front of you with the distance readout.

You can also try interval training with many cardio exercises. I downloaded an interval timer and I do 20 secs of jump rope 10 secs of rest and repeat that 8 times, take one minute rest, and do it again.

You can do that kind of thing for any intense exercise that would b rly tough to just do for ten minutes straight: burpees, jumping jacks, mountain climbers. Heck, mix it up. Anything that gets you breathing hard, do it hard in intervals.

07 Nov
Strengthening my core also really helped with a noticeable stamina increase
70802_655741157_112040589_n_thumb
12 Posts
Nov 7, 2013 6:13am
via iOS
My alternatives for running are stairmaster and dancingĀ 

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51